Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 12:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, DA LA NA, DA DA DA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1530 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, DA LA NA, DA DA DA [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 18:19
Countdown to Cornell!!

5 more days!!!

And now for something totally unrelated!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3635012030
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 18:35
Is it real, or they made it up...
Anyway, very talented drivers...how could they do that without accidents?...
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 18:43
That is funny as hell. I can't tell where that is, but I'd hate to be one of those guys on a scooter. Actually, I'd hate to be a guy on a scooter anywhere, but especially there.

I do know that traffic laws are more "flexible" in places around the world. I recall being scared out of my wits riding a taxi in Taiwan. I think in places like that, bumps and scratches are just part of normal driving. You don't stop and exchange phone numbers and insurance cards. Unless it's major, you just move on. That's rubbin', and rubbin' is racing.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 18:58
I figured it was somewhere in india.
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 19:04
Or sooner should we get a call Wednesday or Thursday.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 19:08
Mark4124 wrote:
Or sooner should we get a call Wednesday or Thursday.

Yea, but I'm figuring I wont get one Wed or Thurs, Ill probably find out friday with an app check.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 20:00
Y?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 22:19
maybe rhyme got too nervous of checking too frequently...
Believe me, I am like the kid in "the sixth sense" (but I'm cuter)...only difference is that I can sense admitted people , not dead people....In my sense, I see that both of you are admitted to Cornell...
Do you guys feel secure now?
CEO
CEO
Schools: Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 22:23
rhyme wrote:

Yes, that is my country. Just for the sake of defending, I won't defend. Hiding from truth is not patriotism but its jingoism. I drove a lot in India and its really scary. Believe me, on the stop lights, there is literally few inches of space between vehicles and two wheelers generally try to squeeze in those few inches. Even a local FM radio stations in Delhi has named a evening program (at office time) as Bumper To Bumper. Last time when I visited India after spending few years in US, I was so frightened that I did not (in fact I could not) drive at all. Major problem is mixed traffic. There are range of vehicles (from animal pulled to 18 wheelers) on the road and virtually no body drives in lane. Another thing is honking. If you drive for an hour in the city with windows open, I am sure you will get a headache. But in big cities, situation is a lot better and things are improving very fast.

SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - MBA CLASS OF 2008

SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 22:48
I'm used to traffic - I grew up around Los Angeles. What was really surprising was how aggressive all of the drivers in the video were. Even those on scooters! Just in the brief running time of the video, it was clear that if you are not aggressive, you would cause an unbelievable traffic backlog in a matter of moments.

It's just an interesting video.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2006, 04:01
Mark4124 wrote:
Y?

Cause my track record so far is getting last minute invites - or at least middle ground invites for interviews. GSB took over a week, Cornell invited me with just 10 days left in their interview cycle. So I figure my luck (or lack thereof) in timing will continue and I'll hear back on Friday.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2006, 08:33
ps_dahiya wrote:
rhyme wrote:

Yes, that is my country. Just for the sake of defending, I won't defend. Hiding from truth is not patriotism but its jingoism. I drove a lot in India and its really scary. Believe me, on the stop lights, there is literally few inches of space between vehicles and two wheelers generally try to squeeze in those few inches. Even a local FM radio stations in Delhi has named a evening program (at office time) as Bumper To Bumper. Last time when I visited India after spending few years in US, I was so frightened that I did not (in fact I could not) drive at all. Major problem is mixed traffic. There are range of vehicles (from animal pulled to 18 wheelers) on the road and virtually no body drives in lane. Another thing is honking. If you drive for an hour in the city with windows open, I am sure you will get a headache. But in big cities, situation is a lot better and things are improving very fast.

I second that...i have driven a motorcycle in India for a long time...now that i reflect back, i am not sure how i managed to still be alive :lol: (though i came close on couple of occasions)...
The situation depicted in in the video is true for almost all cities in India...that's why i think that when there is chaos around, Indians feel at home and hence perform better than others :twisted:
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2006, 12:38
luminos24 wrote:
that's why i think that when there is chaos around, Indians feel at home and hence perform better than others :twisted:

By "there is chaos around", did you mean...the application process? :) :roll:
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2006, 14:42
*chuckle* well it isn't this bad everywhere - but for all those gasping westerners, I can assure you that the drivers in the footage would not have batted an eyelid...it's sort of, well, "so?" out there. I've been on bikes for years in my hometown and turns out I'm still alive. Traffic sense is awful but pockets are improving. But what can I say, my country is the most chaotic sustaining democracy in the world, we believe in true freedom including freedom from all traffic laws!! hehe

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2006, 18:20
:) yea i saw that video on reddit before. i've only driven in the quiet roads in india (that too without a license :oops: ) ... wasn't as bad as the vid.

BTW, rhyme, mark and the others...ALL THE BEST for CORNELL. Hope you guys get in and then advise us how to bring the house down!

I believe its yogurt!

[#permalink] 13 Nov 2006, 18:20