Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:26 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
I figured it was somewhere in india.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Or sooner should we get a call Wednesday or Thursday.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mark4124 wrote:
Or sooner should we get a call Wednesday or Thursday.

Yea, but I'm figuring I wont get one Wed or Thurs, Ill probably find out friday with an app check.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Y?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
maybe rhyme got too nervous of checking too frequently...
Believe me, I am like the kid in "the sixth sense" (but I'm cuter)...only difference is that I can sense admitted people , not dead people....In my sense, I see that both of you are admitted to Cornell...
Do you guys feel secure now?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:

Yes, that is my country. Just for the sake of defending, I won't defend. Hiding from truth is not patriotism but its jingoism. I drove a lot in India and its really scary. Believe me, on the stop lights, there is literally few inches of space between vehicles and two wheelers generally try to squeeze in those few inches. Even a local FM radio stations in Delhi has named a evening program (at office time) as Bumper To Bumper. Last time when I visited India after spending few years in US, I was so frightened that I did not (in fact I could not) drive at all. Major problem is mixed traffic. There are range of vehicles (from animal pulled to 18 wheelers) on the road and virtually no body drives in lane. Another thing is honking. If you drive for an hour in the city with windows open, I am sure you will get a headache. But in big cities, situation is a lot better and things are improving very fast.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm used to traffic - I grew up around Los Angeles. What was really surprising was how aggressive all of the drivers in the video were. Even those on scooters! Just in the brief running time of the video, it was clear that if you are not aggressive, you would cause an unbelievable traffic backlog in a matter of moments.

It's just an interesting video.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mark4124 wrote:
Y?

Cause my track record so far is getting last minute invites - or at least middle ground invites for interviews. GSB took over a week, Cornell invited me with just 10 days left in their interview cycle. So I figure my luck (or lack thereof) in timing will continue and I'll hear back on Friday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ps_dahiya wrote:
rhyme wrote:

Yes, that is my country. Just for the sake of defending, I won't defend. Hiding from truth is not patriotism but its jingoism. I drove a lot in India and its really scary. Believe me, on the stop lights, there is literally few inches of space between vehicles and two wheelers generally try to squeeze in those few inches. Even a local FM radio stations in Delhi has named a evening program (at office time) as Bumper To Bumper. Last time when I visited India after spending few years in US, I was so frightened that I did not (in fact I could not) drive at all. Major problem is mixed traffic. There are range of vehicles (from animal pulled to 18 wheelers) on the road and virtually no body drives in lane. Another thing is honking. If you drive for an hour in the city with windows open, I am sure you will get a headache. But in big cities, situation is a lot better and things are improving very fast.

I second that...i have driven a motorcycle in India for a long time...now that i reflect back, i am not sure how i managed to still be alive :lol: (though i came close on couple of occasions)...
The situation depicted in in the video is true for almost all cities in India...that's why i think that when there is chaos around, Indians feel at home and hence perform better than others :twisted:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
luminos24 wrote:
that's why i think that when there is chaos around, Indians feel at home and hence perform better than others :twisted:

By "there is chaos around", did you mean...the application process? :) :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
*chuckle* well it isn't this bad everywhere - but for all those gasping westerners, I can assure you that the drivers in the footage would not have batted an eyelid...it's sort of, well, "so?" out there. I've been on bikes for years in my hometown and turns out I'm still alive. Traffic sense is awful but pockets are improving. But what can I say, my country is the most chaotic sustaining democracy in the world, we believe in true freedom including freedom from all traffic laws!! hehe
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:) yea i saw that video on reddit before. i've only driven in the quiet roads in india (that too without a license :oops: ) ... wasn't as bad as the vid.

BTW, rhyme, mark and the others...ALL THE BEST for CORNELL. Hope you guys get in and then advise us how to bring the house down!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]