Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 22:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 57
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 13:15
Just received my interview invite today at 4:30.

Submitted: 10/10
Under Review: 10/24
Interview Invite: 10/31
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Posts: 523
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 13:44
unit157 wrote:
Just received my interview invite today at 4:30.

Submitted: 10/10
Under Review: 10/24
Interview Invite: 10/31


Congrats! Good luck!
_________________

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2011
Posts: 39
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 14:02
unit157 wrote:
Just received my interview invite today at 4:30.

Submitted: 10/10
Under Review: 10/24
Interview Invite: 10/31



Congtats on your invite! Did your status change online from "Submitted" to "Interview Invitation Sent" or anything like that? Let us know how the interview goes. Best of luck!!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 111
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q44 V51
GPA: 3.6
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 18:11
Got an email notifying me the app was under review on 10/21 and an invite to interview on 10/29. Submitted on 10/12 a few hours before the deadline.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 57
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 18:45
nycbiker wrote:
Congtats on your invite! Did your status change online from "Submitted" to "Interview Invitation Sent" or anything like that? Let us know how the interview goes. Best of luck!!!


Thanks!

They updated the application page and sent emails for each part of the process. It went from submitted to under review to invited to interview.

Hope that helped!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2011
Posts: 39
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 18:58
unit157 wrote:
nycbiker wrote:
Congtats on your invite! Did your status change online from "Submitted" to "Interview Invitation Sent" or anything like that? Let us know how the interview goes. Best of luck!!!


Thanks!

They updated the application page and sent emails for each part of the process. It went from submitted to under review to invited to interview.

Hope that helped!



Great yes that does help! I put my work email as the main contact for Cornell. I will check my online status in case I have some doubts about email filtering.

Good luck man!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: 2012!!!
Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 193
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 18

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 20:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
Congratulations unit157!! My application went under review on 10/25. I hope Cornell sends the interview invite email by end of this week, else I guess its game over. :?
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Posts: 523
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 158 [1] , given: 4

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 10:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
Got an invite to interview earlier today...

Submitted - 10/7/11
Under Review - 10/21/11
Invited to Interview - 11/1/11

Good luck, everybody!

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 107
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 18

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 14:47
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Folks,

I figured I oughtta do a debrief of my interview at Cornell.
Overall, it was very straight forward and conversational, and I really enjoyed my visit.

Interview Questions
I interviewed on campus with a member of the admissions team. (S)he asked typical interview questions:
Walk me through your resume
Why MBA?
Why Cornell?
Tell me about a time when you...
...[engaged in various team work scenarios]

Impressions of Cornell
Again, I was really impressed with what I saw of Johnson. Every student I spoke with for 30 seconds made me write down their name and email address just in case I had any questions. They were just normal students too, not people who the admissions office had scheduled to participate in an admissions day event. The class I sat in on was very engaging and involved a lot of discussion, even though it wasn't conducted in a "case study" format. I thought Ithaca was beautiful, but that's obviously my personal opinion. I’d put it on par with Charlottesville, except for the climate, of course. Everyone sounded very happy with their internship/job prospects too.

Do's and Do Not's
I'm sure I committed a Faux Pas or two, so I don't intend to sound like a pr*ck when I write this, but I thought I'd share some observations from the other prospectives who were there that day.
-Don't sit in the admissions office if you have free time during your visit day. This indicates that you have no interest in engaging with current students. Hang out in the Atrium, and you'll have a chance to have some great conversations with students.
-Don't repeatedly ask whether Cornell's distance from NYC will make it harder for you to get a job in banking. This makes it sound like you think you're an absolute lock for an IB job and the only thing that could possibly hold you back is the 4 hour drive. I'm sure it's fine to ask, but don't belabor the point.
-Use the Connect with Johnson portal to reach out to some students who are pursuing your field of interest before you interview. It will make you sound more knowledgeable in the interview, prevent you from asking redundant questions, and ideally provide you with people to talk to while you're on campus. This applies to any school, really.
-Pay attention to the email they send about parking arrangements. I didn't and was almost late to the admissions office.

Hopefully that was helpful. I’m not sure if there is any other information of value that I can share, but certainly let me know if you have any questions.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jun 2007
Posts: 199
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 49

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 08:53
Is round 3 at Cornell similar to Round 2 at other schools? I may have to move to Round 3 and was curious if it is okay. I want to be in Round 2 but just curious if it is the same drop off of moving a round 2 january deadline to a round 3 march deadline where your chances plummet. Any ideas?
_________________

GO BLUE!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2011
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 09:03
I submitted the application on Oct 12
Under review on Oct 21.
No call yet. Till when do the calls for 1st deadline happen?
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Posts: 523
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 09:25
sujs71287 wrote:
I submitted the application on Oct 12
Under review on Oct 21.
No call yet. Till when do the calls for 1st deadline happen?


I believe they invite applicants to interview until a couple of days prior to the decision date.

Last year, the R1 deadline was on October 5th. The latest report of any GMATClubber getting invited in R1 was on December 7th, although some R2 applicants were invited before the poster. The first reported acceptance call was then reported on December 16th.
_________________

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2011
Posts: 39
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 11:13
Just got an invite 1:32PM EST

I am pretty happy. I actually made a promise to myself (after not hearing back from HBS) and frustrated with Booth's forums speculation that I was NOT going to obsessively check my personal email and this forum and going to actually focus on work. I put my iPhone in my bag and just logged into gmail to check for a family email to saw an invitation to interview for Cornell. Yay!

Also, my status did change to "invited to interview" online.

Good luck to everyone. I never visited Cornell but I am going to try to interview there from NYC!
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Posts: 523
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 12:08
nycbiker wrote:
Just got an invite 1:32PM EST

I am pretty happy. I actually made a promise to myself (after not hearing back from HBS) and frustrated with Booth's forums speculation that I was NOT going to obsessively check my personal email and this forum and going to actually focus on work. I put my iPhone in my bag and just logged into gmail to check for a family email to saw an invitation to interview for Cornell. Yay!

Also, my status did change to "invited to interview" online.

Good luck to everyone. I never visited Cornell but I am going to try to interview there from NYC!


Congrats, nycbiker! I just moved to the northwest, so I unfortunately won't be able to sign up for an on campus interview. Enjoy your visit to Ithaca!
_________________

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: Simon MBA Candidate 2014
Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Posts: 26
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q39 V44
GPA: 3.09
WE: Project Management (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 8

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 13:09
threestripes wrote:
nycbiker wrote:
Just got an invite 1:32PM EST

I am pretty happy. I actually made a promise to myself (after not hearing back from HBS) and frustrated with Booth's forums speculation that I was NOT going to obsessively check my personal email and this forum and going to actually focus on work. I put my iPhone in my bag and just logged into gmail to check for a family email to saw an invitation to interview for Cornell. Yay!

Also, my status did change to "invited to interview" online.

Good luck to everyone. I never visited Cornell but I am going to try to interview there from NYC!


Congrats, nycbiker! I just moved to the northwest, so I unfortunately won't be able to sign up for an on campus interview. Enjoy your visit to Ithaca!



I second the congrats, nycbiker!

Threestripes, I live in the northwest as well, and I'm hoping I get an early enough interview invite (or an invite, period) that I can find a mildly affordable ticket to Ithaca. It will be a long journey.
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Posts: 523
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 158 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 13:21
biehniac wrote:
threestripes wrote:
nycbiker wrote:
Just got an invite 1:32PM EST

I am pretty happy. I actually made a promise to myself (after not hearing back from HBS) and frustrated with Booth's forums speculation that I was NOT going to obsessively check my personal email and this forum and going to actually focus on work. I put my iPhone in my bag and just logged into gmail to check for a family email to saw an invitation to interview for Cornell. Yay!

Also, my status did change to "invited to interview" online.

Good luck to everyone. I never visited Cornell but I am going to try to interview there from NYC!


Congrats, nycbiker! I just moved to the northwest, so I unfortunately won't be able to sign up for an on campus interview. Enjoy your visit to Ithaca!



I second the congrats, nycbiker!

Threestripes, I live in the northwest as well, and I'm hoping I get an early enough interview invite (or an invite, period) that I can find a mildly affordable ticket to Ithaca. It will be a long journey.


I just took on a new role, so taking a day or two off of work within the next month or so will be impossible. I was based in NYC until yesterday, so I would have been able to book a trip up to Ithaca had I received the invitation at least a few days earlier. Of course, just my luck, the invite was sent while I was in transit to the NW yesterday. I'm not complaining though. It's still an invite after all.
_________________

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 21:39
Congratulations to all who received invites so far.. Hope my invite is on the way and is stuck somewhere on their email server
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Posts: 447
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 78 [0], given: 157

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 21:53
Did international students started getting interview invites?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: 2012!!!
Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 193
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 05:38
I am an international student... still waiting to hear back from Johnson. Under review since 10/25... gosh! :roll:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 28 Nov 2010
Posts: 53
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 07:39
I am an international student as well and still waiting..
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2011, 07:39
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 22:02
Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2012 app2012 4 28 Feb 2012, 15:50
91 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! ariel 1420 05 Aug 2010, 23:37
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  72    Next  [ 1425 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.