Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: kaplan's "road to business school" fair. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
highwyre237 wrote:
I haven't been, but am debating going to the one in Boston. Regarding the schools that will be at each city, their website states "Participation varies by city - check your location's agenda for participating schools." Has anyone been able to track down an agenda? I learned about this even through Tuck's website, but they arent listed as a participating schools...

Hi Highwire,

I think some of the agendas haven't been finalized yet (I know, we're cutting it to the wire!), but expect panels of admissions reps for both presentations and Q&A, as well as some opportunities for GMAT prep questions and a chance to network with those representatives, existing students, and other aspiring applicants.

P.S. I'll be at the Boston one--say "Hi" if you see me!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
KapTeacherEli wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
I haven't been, but am debating going to the one in Boston. Regarding the schools that will be at each city, their website states "Participation varies by city - check your location's agenda for participating schools." Has anyone been able to track down an agenda? I learned about this even through Tuck's website, but they arent listed as a participating schools...

Hi Highwire,

I think some of the agendas haven't been finalized yet (I know, we're cutting it to the wire!), but expect panels of admissions reps for both presentations and Q&A, as well as some opportunities for GMAT prep questions and a chance to network with those representatives, existing students, and other aspiring applicants.

Thanks, Eli. Any other hints of what programs will be there? I'm also in the Boston area and am trying to figure out whether that time could be better spent writing essays (which of course depends on what schools will be attending).
Director
Director
Send PM
kingfalcon wrote:
KapTeacherEli wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Hi Highwire,

Thanks, Eli. Any other hints of what programs will be there? I'm also in the Boston area and am trying to figure out whether that time could be better spent writing essays (which of course depends on what schools will be attending).

with the amount of essays you're writing, you shouldnt even waste time posting this question lol.
Thanks for the post Eli, keep us updated!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:

with the amount of essays you're writing, you shouldnt even waste time posting this question lol.
Thanks for the post Eli, keep us updated!

Ha! You're tellin' me! I'm definitely thinking I may end up dropping one or more, but I figure I might as well shoot for the stars since it's still early!
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Send PM
Expert Reply
kingfalcon wrote:
The agendas are still a WIP, I'll let you know as soon as they're live. Meanwhile, are there any particular schools you're curious about? I can probably confirm they'll be there on a case-by-case basis.
Director
Director
Send PM
KapTeacherEli wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:
The agendas are still a WIP, I'll let you know as soon as they're live. Meanwhile, are there any particular schools you're curious about? I can probably confirm they'll be there on a case-by-case basis.

For Boston - Tuck (I know they arent listed, but they claim they'll be there), Cornell, Duke, Stern
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Send PM
Expert Reply
highwyre237 wrote:
KapTeacherEli wrote:
kingfalcon wrote:

For Boston - Tuck (I know they arent listed, but they claim they'll be there), Cornell, Duke, Stern
Yes to all four in Boston!
Director
Director
Send PM
KapTeacherEli wrote:

Perfect, I'll see you there
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Send PM
Expert Reply
highwyre237 wrote:
KapTeacherEli wrote:

Perfect, I'll see you there

Whoops, I have to make a correction!

Unfortunately, Stern and Cornell will not actually be at the Boston Road. But Tuck and Duke will, as will a other great schools such as Emory and Georgetown. Sorry again for the confusion, and I look forward to seeing you there!

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
The fairs tend to be a waste of time. I think the individual school information sessions are much more valuable.
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Send PM
Expert Reply
racerk123 wrote:
The fairs tend to be a waste of time. I think the individual school information sessions are much more valuable.

Sorry you feel that way--but I'd encourage you to give it a chance! We have an online fair on Sunday, 8/19. There's no overhead, so if I'm wrong and it isn't useful to you, you can just log out. But I'm sure you'll get some valuable insight from it!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Is there an agenda available online for New York somewhere? why is it so hard to find? There's no link to any agenda for any of the cities on the kaptest website for the fair.
Director
Director
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
Is there an agenda available online for New York somewhere? why is it so hard to find? There's no link to any agenda for any of the cities on the kaptest website for the fair.

I went to the Boston one on Mon, there was never an Agenda for it available online.

All in all it was fine, surprisingly not crowded, so plenty of time to interact with Adcom and student reps.

noteworthy Schools there

Dartmouth Tuck - Spoke with them, great interactions
Duke Fuqua - Great talk with student rep, some clarifications on essays from an adcom
UCLA Anderson
UT McCombs
CMU Tepper
Emory Goizueta
UNC Kenan-Flagler
USC Marshall
IU Kelley - Great talk with their Adcom, got an app fee waiver!
Georgetown McDonough
ND Mendoza
Vandy Owen

All in all a great turn out from the 10-30s and a few randoms and local schools. I didnt wait longer then 5 mins to speak with anyone. If you are comfortable with the app process, feel free to arrive late and skip the panel, it was fine, but not worth skipping the chance to grab dinner before the fair.

If you are wondering about 1 or 2 schools on their list, go to the schools respective events pages, they should list the fair there.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Stayed for five minutes and left. Turns out the portion with the school tables was not scheduled to start until 7pm.

If I had known this beforehand, I would have stayed at the office later and shown up at 7. Instead I chose to leave rather than delay my evening by an hour. I'm going to the school's own info sessions anyway, and will see them then. I used my time better this evening to work on my essays.

There was a large amount of Kaplan staff milling around doing nothing. You would think someone from Kaplan would have had time to send an email with the agenda to all registrants or post it online on the website.

Originally posted by Ward2012 on 15 Aug 2012, 17:25.
Last edited by Ward2012 on 15 Aug 2012, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
Ward2012 wrote:
Stayed for five minutes and left. Turns out the portion with the school tables was not scheduled to start until 7pm.

If I had known this beforehand, I would have stayed at the office later and shown up at 7. Instead I chose to leave rather than delay my evening by an hour. I'm going to the school's own info sessions anyway, and will see them then. I used my time better this evening to work on my essays.

There was a large amount of Kaplan staff milling around doing nothing. You would think someone from Kaplan would have had time to send an email with the agenda to all registrantsor post it online on the website.

Yeah, the panel was pretty useless. For everyone else planning on attending one of these, show up an hour late.
GMAT Club Bot