Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2544 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Candidate from India:
Got calls from all other B schools.
No call till from Kellogg although I spent the maximum time for Kellogg application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
afabmp wrote:

it's been said a thousand times but I think it's worth mentioning again: the interview is a PART of the application, not a pass/fail. A bad interview (if yours even was) is not a ding like a good interview is not an admit.

thanks for the support, afabmp. i know its been said a thousand times, but try telling that to a kid who thinks he blew his only chance at kellogg :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I interviewed with Kellog almost a month back. The interview invitation email specially asked me not to do anything apart from just giving interview. Now there no updates from adcom committee. Application portal also does not suggest that I was interviewed. The application portal just says application has been submitted.

Is it same for everyone ? Should I email adcom committee asking for any updates on my application ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Don't think you have to worry on that front. I was interviewed on the 18th Feb and didn't have to take any action post that. It's the alumnus who would have submitted his/her feedback directly to Adcom. I don't think the status on the portal changes either from "Applied" to "Interviewed".
AFAIK, the status changes only once- on the big day directly :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm a R2 applicant and I only submitted my scanned GMAT report when I applied. Do I need to have GMAC send an official GMAT report or is it not required yet?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Student Experience: Kellogg Win at Private Equity Buyout Case Competition

The winners of the 2014 Wharton Private Equity Buyout Case Competition. From left, Emma Gergen ’14, Keith Roux ’14, Garrett Greer ’14, Ben Kaplan ’15 and Andrew Welch ’14.

A team of Kellogg students recently took first place at Wharton’s 14th Annual Private Equity Buyout Case Competition for their approach to purchasing Abercrombie & Fitch. With only five days to develop the plan and 30 minutes to present, the competition provided a valuable opportunity for the team to put the skills they’ve learned at Kellogg to the test.

On working as a team

We started by carefully considering how well we would work as a team. Before we developed our approach, we wanted to be sure that our goals were aligned and our skills complemented each other. We knew that we would need a team with strong transactional experience, and everyone on the team had this, but we also knew that we would need a more holistic set of capabilities. Our team had a unique combination of private equity, consulting, investment banking, CFO and legal experience. We kicked off by soliciting everyone’s top three thoughts/ideas on the case, formulating a collectively agreed upon plan of attack, and then apportioning responsibilities based on relevant experience and capacity.

— Benjamin Kaplan ’15

On what set their presentation apart

One of the major themes that is reiterated across many of the classes at Kellogg is even the most sophisticated and brilliant strategy has very little value if it isn’t executable. This theme played a major role in our decision to limit our focus to only two critical strategic initiatives that we felt could be executed with a high degree of certainty and would have a meaningful impact on the profitability of the business. Our focused approach allowed us to complete a very detailed level of analysis. The result was a defensible investment thesis that was rooted in a well-defined, actionable valuation creation strategy.

— Keith Roux ’14

On the Kellogg education

In particular, Professors Petersen and Lys were instrumental in providing us with not only a solid financial foundation but also a strategic lens to consider the case through. However, more broadly, our approach incorporated frameworks and academic concepts learned through courses such as operations, marketing and strategy. Our effective teamwork was facilitated by our frequent team-based projects in Kellogg, and our influential communication skills were honed by our MORS classes.

— Benjamin Kaplan ’15

On why case competitions are important

Case competitions are a great way to bridge the gap between the academic setting and real world environment. Furthermore, they are a great way for teams from different schools to showcase their real world capabilities in highly competitive environment. Kellogg is collaborative, but competition is imperative for continuous improvement. This competition allowed us to showcase how Kellogg’s well-rounded students and education drive excellence in private equity.

— Benjamin Kaplan ’15

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: Abercrombie & Fitch, Case Competition, kellogg school, private equity
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Other
Send PM
Yes, you need to send the official report to Kellogg via GMAC ASAP!

1of2 wrote:
I'm a R2 applicant and I only submitted my scanned GMAT report when I applied. Do I need to have GMAC send an official GMAT report or is it not required yet?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Last night I had two different dreams back to back. In the first, I was waitlisted by Kellogg and in the second I was accepted.

What does this mean?

Haha, just thought I'd share since I assume most of you are as consumed by this as I am!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [2]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Kudos
imnotslydexic wrote:
Last night I had two different dreams back to back. In the first, I was waitlisted by Kellogg and in the second I was accepted.

What does this mean?

Haha, just thought I'd share since I assume most of you are as consumed by this as I am!

It means you are not drinking enough alcohol.... :beer :drunk :drunk :drunk
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
GetThisDone wrote:
Hi,

Are there any more Indian aspirants who got an interview waiver and have got ding/admitted/an invitation to interview later.

I have received an interview waiver and haven't heard from them since. Wondering if this is as good as a ding or should we still have some hope :(.

I'm loosing hope too. We are too close to the final notification deadline..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
nj511 wrote:
GetThisDone wrote:
Hi,

Are there any more Indian aspirants who got an interview waiver and have got ding/admitted/an invitation to interview later.

I have received an interview waiver and haven't heard from them since. Wondering if this is as good as a ding or should we still have some hope :(.

I'm loosing hope too. We are too close to the final notification deadline..

How many Indian applicants got phone interview after waiver? any idea?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: MENSA India
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V32
GMAT 3: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 4: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I am Indian and got a waiver too. Still waiting for the interview invitation.
Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
themagus wrote:
Hi Guys,
I am Indian and got a waiver too. Still waiting for the interview invitation.
Good luck to everyone!

any idea on till when we should wait? last years' trends?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
to all those who are waiting for a possible interview call after waiver - do not lose hope yet. there is still a chance that some invites might go out. after all, there is a reason why kellogg does not do rolling invites, and clubs everything together on the D day.

i myself got waived, but completed a skype call on 4th march.

my two cents ...
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Guys,

I have updated the first post of this thread with Kellogg's Twitter and Facebook feeds to get real time updates related to admissions and events from Kellogg.

Best,
Narenn

Tweets

FB Updates

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
a good way to estimate no of calls might be to do a count of how many confirmed admits we have ... then compare with an average intake of 450. not counting the 100 or so for the 1 y program.
i myself am an applicant in the 1y program, therefore will fall in the second bucket.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Student Perspective: BMA Black History Month Debate

Students and faculty debate immigration reform.

I had the unique privilege of serving as a student-debater in the Kellogg Black Management Association (BMA) debate on immigration, as part of Black History Month. The prompt specifically asked what limits (if any) should be placed on legal immigration. I teamed with Dean Z (Elizabeth Ziegler, the associate Dean of MBA Programs and the Dean of Students) and our formidable opponents included Ashley Thomas (a 1st year from Arkansas, who is very involved in the BMA) and Professor Ben Jones, who literally has advised the White House on immigration reform. Further, another top professor, Professor David Besanko, moderated the debate. Needless to say, Dean Z and I (the “Z Team”) had our work cut out for us.

Our debate was in front of over 150 people (half of whom watched the debated live-cast in another room). Our debate focused on legal immigration, which can be a very emotional topic. This question has a deep personal meaning for me. My mother’s side has roots tracing back close to the Mayflower, while my father immigrated to the US from Yugoslavia when he was 16. By the graces of the United States education system and the extraordinary teachers who pushed him, my father was able to attend university in the United States and to pursue a career in business. Immigration is not a cut-and-dry topic, and it has become particularly more complex as demand continues to increase and as countries consider the right levels of immigration and their preferred types of immigrants. For example, in the United States, there are an inordinate amount of different types of visas, each with their own process, quotas and expectations. Given that each team was debating for or against views that were not necessarily in line with their personal views, we (the participants) agreed to keep the actual debate content and discussions confidential.

I’m proud to have participated in a Kellogg tradition of student-faculty debates. There was a fantastic one this past fall around the (potential) taxation of sugary-beverages and there was one this week around the impact of privacy as it relates to spying and national security. Any experience speaking publicly is a good one (and we do a lot of speaking/presenting at Kellogg), but to debate is particularly dynamic. We had to develop our thesis, do the proper research, figure out our argument’s weak points and then determine how we would effectively communicate this in order to win over our audience. It was remarkably similar to past jobs in which I would pitch projects or investments to my bosses. You obviously need the facts on your side, but communicating the how and why is just as critical as the what. And, this was a brilliant exercise in that.

Matt Zafirovski is a second-year student in the 2Y full-time MBA program from Chicago. Prior to Kellogg, he worked for Groupon International in South Korea and Japan, for Chicago Public Schools, and for McKinsey & Company. Over the summer, he worked at Apple in the iPhone commercial group.

Filed under: Academics, Career, Student Life Tagged: Black History Month, Debate, Immigration, Kellogg Black Management Association
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  67   68   69   70   71   72   73  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts