Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:14 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GRE 1: Q163 V170
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 748 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GRE 1: Q163 V170
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [4]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Kellogg: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Kudos
As I understand, on the 25th, adcom members will be calling all applicants who have been accepted in the program. The calls start early in the morning an go until late in the evening. Before the end of the day ( before midnight on 25th) all applicants will receive an email and the application status will change. So, by then you will know if you were accepted, not accepted or waitlisted.

If you are waitlisted, then Kellogg assign you a waitlist manager, who usually contacts the applicant some 7-10 days later.

Need to know more?........ visit pages 38-45 on this forum. You will know all about the R1 applicants.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:
Does anyone know what the timing will be like on March 25th? Will there be an end-of-day notification for everyone who's getting a ding or will be earlier in the day? Will the updates be by phone or online portal? If it is by phone, what is the approximate timing that the call should come in by if someone is getting an acceptance? Just wanting to build a sense so that I'm not obsessively checking my phone/online portal all day.

I'm on the waitlist, so I can speak to my R1 experience. I got my message about being on the waitlist after ~5:30 pm cst. Calls go out through the day and started around 9am.

Try not to drive yourself too crazy.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
R2 applicants, has there been any communication at all from the school since your interviews?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
1of2 wrote:
R2 applicants, has there been any communication at all from the school since your interviews?

nope
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
j0yd1v1s10n wrote:
anon1 wrote:

dont bother checking it at all that day and look on the day after if you're that concerned about it. doesn't matter if you find out the 25th or the 26th, if you get in you get in, if you dont you dont. finding out as soon as you possibly can makes no difference whatsoever

That's not what I asked, but thanks for trying.

For whatever it's worth, it does, in fact, make a difference to me to find out as soon as possible, for quite a few reasons. Not exactly sure how you would know whether it makes a difference to me...

I think that person was just trying to put you at ease. In reality, does 24 hours really make a difference? Maybe, maybe not. This is a stressful time for all of us and probably a good time for everyone to practice relaxation and not worrying about things they can't control. But different strokes, different folks...

I can tell it's that time of the round again because folks are getting snappy! :lol: :lol:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: My Favorite Kellogg Class: Customer Analytics

After spending 10 weeks with Professor Zettelmeyer, I can definitely say Consumer Analytics was my favorite class of the quarter. The course focuses on the quantitative analysis of customer data to improve your marketing efforts, so we spent class time focusing on utilizing the mounds of data that companies have to better acquire, nurture, and retain customers. Along with lectures, the cases that we did in class were actual problems facing businesses today, so I am walking out with a stronger knowledge of how real companies use demographic information and previous actions to better serve customers (along with how Comcast knows exactly what offer to give me in order to not cancel my cable service!). - Mitch Colgan

Mitch Colgan is a 2nd year student blogger who is majoring in international business, marketing and marketing management.

Filed under: Uncategorized Tagged: academics, classes, Kellogg Student Experience, Mitch Colgan, My Favorite Kellogg Class
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have a question.
I changed my telephone number recently after interview and I sent an email about this update to admissions.
They have not replied to me yet relating whether they are aware of this change.
Does that mean I am dinged ? because they do not need my new number....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Other
Send PM
Of course not. I believe they updated your phone number.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Okay so I did not receive anything after the interview waiver - so I am guessing its over for me! Good luck all for the decision week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Does anyone know if Kellogg calls acppeted aplicants before the decision deadline?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.77
WE:Project Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
mbarfl wrote:
Does anyone know if Kellogg calls acppeted aplicants before the decision deadline?

As far as I know, they don't. You receive a call at the decision deadline day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
So I had some time to kill today, and I called the admissions office. This is what I learnt:

1. The application status does not update once the interview has been completed ( no wonder my page still says application submitted).. The guy on the phone, told me to not worry about it and wait for the decision.

2. All decisions will go out on Tuesday. The school will use multiple avenues to reach applicants (email, phone etc). Application status will be updated through the day and there is no order to things.

hope this helps and good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GMAT 1: 760 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.84
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
vxs918 wrote:
So I had some time to kill today, and I called the admissions office. This is what I learnt:

1. The application status does not update once the interview has been completed ( no wonder my page still says application submitted).. The guy on the phone, told me to not worry about it and wait for the decision.

2. All decisions will go out on Tuesday. The school will use multiple avenues to reach applicants (email, phone etc). Application status will be updated through the day and there is no order to things.

hope this helps and good luck to everyone!

Thanks for the info!! I know some schools start calling a few days before the decision date so that is helpful to know. Good luck!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Students meet with Rwanda President Paul Kagame
Students on one of Kellogg’s Global Initiatives in Management (GIM) trips met and talked with Rwanda President Paul Kagame yesterday. Kagame told the students:

“Some believe there is one part of the world that specializes in democracy and another that knows nothing about it. Democracy cannot just be fancy words. It must be based on giving people the capacity to fully participate in creating an environment that ensures human dignity. It is about respecting who people want to be and not what others feel for or about them.”

See more photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulkagame/sets/72157642638815164/

About Global Initiatives in Management (GIM): A cornerstone of Kellogg’s international curriculum is the GIM program. GIM began in 1990 when a group of 27 students organized a course and a two-week trip to what was then the Soviet Union. Since then, the program has expanded greatly, covering five continents and hundreds of international destinations. Today, 250 students participate annually in the program, which offers courses to Kellogg’s full-time and part-time programs.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life, Uncategorized Tagged: academics, experiential learning, GIM, Kellogg Student Experience
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Booth calls the day before their official release date (Thursday), So Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be double decker days of either joy or pain for a lot of people. Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
See you all in the chat room on Tuesday. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Good luck to all. Hopefully, I will be able to share the joyous news with you guys on Tuesday.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  68   69   70   71   72   73   74  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts