Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 01:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg's R2 Pant poopers and R1 Waitlists

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2007, 12:42
mst wrote:
sm176811 wrote:
YEah I am done with the Interview. I have mixed feeling. On the whole I think it went well. But in retrospect, I think I was too agressive - not sure whether that is a good thing for Kellogg!

It lasted for almost an hour and focused mainly around standard questions:
- Resume related/career aspirations
- Why MBA/Kellogg?
- Some discussions around Kellogg.

What do you mean by too aggressive?

At times I feel it was very good, at times I feel it was bad. In general it went well, but I feel (in retrospect) that I was too agresive and demosntrated an authoritarian attitude. Not sure whether that is good. It felt like I was directing the interiew.

Like for example when she asked me to talk abt my immediate plans and why MBA - I said that I will explain long term view first to help her understand my short term views and how MBA will help me.

I am not sure whether she will construe that as not be able to answer questions directly!
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 185 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2007, 14:47
sm176811 wrote:
At times I feel it was very good, at times I feel it was bad. In general it went well, but I feel (in retrospect) that I was too agresive and demosntrated an authoritarian attitude. Not sure whether that is good. It felt like I was directing the interiew.

Like for example when she asked me to talk abt my immediate plans and why MBA - I said that I will explain long term view first to help her understand my short term views and how MBA will help me.

I am not sure whether she will construe that as not be able to answer questions directly!

I don't think there's anything arrogant with the way you answered the question. It makes sense to explain that MBA is your "secret ingredient" to get from A to B and start by explaning B first.

Arrogant, would be (exaggerated for clarity): "My long term goal is to get ahead of the bunch of losers who are happy by staying at their Jr. helpdesk clerk position because it has dental. I know I'm destined for great accomplishments but I need KGSM's MBA to provide the clueless HR staff at major companies of the reassurance they need to quell their insecurities about hiring such a bright star."
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2007, 02:37
sm176811 wrote:
mst wrote:
sm176811 wrote:
YEah I am done with the Interview. I have mixed feeling. On the whole I think it went well. But in retrospect, I think I was too agressive - not sure whether that is a good thing for Kellogg!

It lasted for almost an hour and focused mainly around standard questions:
- Resume related/career aspirations
- Why MBA/Kellogg?
- Some discussions around Kellogg.

What do you mean by too aggressive?

I think u thinking a lot abt it
Take a break
This happened to me
I went on a sight seeing tour to London for two days and that really helped.
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2007, 03:26
My status still says
Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials sent under separate cover and to verify all required items have arrived. As applications are processed daily, we recommend periodically checking the status between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.

How many in the same boat?
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2007, 05:16
Just curious
DOes Kellogg prefer to Waitlist most of the candidates rather than ding them at once??

ANybody any stats/thoughts on that??
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 1556 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2007, 05:28
venky1979 wrote:
Just curious
DOes Kellogg prefer to Waitlist most of the candidates rather than ding them at once??

Not sure if you mean when the decisions come out or if you mean whats more likely... Dings and accepts come out throughout the period they release decisions -occasional waitlists seem to have come out during that general timeframe as well, but the vast majority of waitlists come out on decision day.

Waitlists are reserved for people they would like to admit if they had space, so no, there is no preference to waitlist people over ding. By definition, the waitlist exists because they need to ensure an appropriate class size - and they don't offer slots to everyone on the waitlist - there's no need to artificially beef up the size.
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2007, 05:41
rhyme wrote:
venky1979 wrote:
Just curious

Not sure if you mean when the decisions come out or if you mean whats more likely... Dings and accepts come out throughout the period they release decisions -occasional waitlists seem to have come out during that general timeframe as well, but the vast majority of waitlists come out on decision day.

Waitlists are reserved for people they would like to admit if they had space, so no, there is no preference to waitlist people over ding. By definition, the waitlist exists because they need to ensure an appropriate class size - and they don't offer slots to everyone on the waitlist - there's no need to artificially beef up the size.

Yeah Idid mean whats most likely a ding or a waitlist.

So are you saying that in general waitlists are very less.

I had this question becuase yield of kellogg is 56% and as a result the waitlists would be more likely than dings or accepts (just a yield management strategy)
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 06:08
Well What happened to kellogg R2 pant poopers so many but so silent
Guys share ur feelings even if it is playing xbox to get ur mind off apps :)

If we aspire to study in the same class lets keep the converstation rolling :)
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 06:14
sm176811 wrote:
Anyone has any updates from Kellogg?

Are you for R2
post ur profile I will put it in the first message
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2007, 06:14
Hey Rhyme
I have posted your profiel on first message. Hope its ok with u
Director
Director

App status still says submitted [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2007, 10:20
Just called Kellogg regarding app status
and they got back saying that its normal that the app status remains submitted till end of feb.

Long Boring wait :(
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2007, 23:53
Any updates on Kellog R2?
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 02:30
sm176811 wrote:
Any updates on Kellog R2?

Not for me :(
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 05:45
I'm reposting this question from another thread - where the poster asked questions on essay spacing/fonts. I never even gave this another thought until I came across his question. And now my question as follows...

I submitted essays for Kellogg which stated "double spacing". Since it was the only school I applied to this year, I took that to mean "just don't single space" and used 1.5 spacing (on top of a 10 font). I didn't realize schools would actually specialize 1.5 had they wanted it... I know this is starting to sound really obsessive and trivial - but do you think they'd actually cross me off cuz of this?
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 05:56
kharma wrote:
I'm reposting this question from another thread - where the poster asked questions on essay spacing/fonts. I never even gave this another thought until I came across his question. And now my question as follows...

I submitted essays for Kellogg which stated "double spacing". Since it was the only school I applied to this year, I took that to mean "just don't single space" and used 1.5 spacing (on top of a 10 font). I didn't realize schools would actually specialize 1.5 had they wanted it... I know this is starting to sound really obsessive and trivial - but do you think they'd actually cross me off cuz of this?

No They usually want easily readable stuff. They dont want to struggle too hard

Usually people play around with spacing to ridculous extents that it becomes inconvenient for the adcom to read.

I would say If your essay is presentable and easily readable it would be just fine and 1.5 spacing would be ignored

I hope you have adhered to the pagelimits(paragraph limits) with minimal deviation.

If you have reduced the margins by an inch on all four sides, shrank the font to 9-, exceeded the page limit by a significant amount and yet used 1.5 font to present ur essays then the essay will come across as too wordy and that might be bad for u.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 06:04
Venky thanks - You are definitely calming my nerves on this (at least a little). I never knew this was such a big deal until I saw all those threads out there. I definitely stuck to page/paragraph limits. And used 1 inch margins along with a 10 font.
So I guess we'll see where I come out.

:shock:

Goshdamn I really hate this waiting limbo.
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 06:19
kharma wrote:
Venky thanks - You are definitely calming my nerves on this (at least a little). I never knew this was such a big deal until I saw all those threads out there. I definitely stuck to page/paragraph limits. And used 1 inch margins along with a 10 font.

I am with u
and my status still says submitted :(
I call them up and they said that it will continue to be till feb End
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 06:22
kharma wrote:

I have question for u siince you are from Canada
Does Queens actually have the reputation that businessweek claims i.e DOes the Industry really recognize it widely???
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 06:42
Oddly, I am more in tune with the U.S. rankings and reps rather than Canada. (I am in the US now and have been US-business oriented for several years).

Let me check with my friend though - she's still in the Canada businessland and quite up to speed. Will let you know what I find out!
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 07:59
kharma wrote:
Oddly, I am more in tune with the U.S. rankings and reps rather than Canada. (I am in the US now and have been US-business oriented for several years).

Let me check with my friend though - she's still in the Canada businessland and quite up to speed. Will let you know what I find out!

Thanks
  [#permalink] 10 Feb 2007, 07:59