Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg's R2 Pant poopers and R1 Waitlists

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1533 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 08:00
When does Kellogg Release R2 decisions?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 08:03
rhyme wrote:
When does Kellogg Release R2 decisions?

March25/26
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1533 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 08:08
venky1979 wrote:
rhyme wrote:
When does Kellogg Release R2 decisions?

March25/26


Oh thats right... a few days after I have to give out my $$$ to the GSB. I still havent made up my mind between the two schools. Sigh.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2007, 08:13
rhyme wrote:
venky1979 wrote:
rhyme wrote:
When does Kellogg Release R2 decisions?

March25/26


Oh thats right... a few days after I have to give out my $$$ to the GSB. I still havent made up my mind between the two schools. Sigh.


whats up with ur kellogg wait list what are they saying??
I mean did they give u any reason for waitlist
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2007, 17:48
Venky - Asked my friend. Her response:

yes Queens is reputed for a strong MBA program. but the disadvantage is that it is in Kingston...so pretty far away from everything. Sometimes they have satellite campuses - but i haven't heard much about it...

York in Toronto (Schulick School of Business) is equally reputable but has the advantage of being in the city so possibility of working during the day (or network for that matter) since classes are in the evenings.

Both are on par - but I personally would go with Schulick...


venky1979 wrote:
kharma wrote:
Venky thanks - You are definitely calming my nerves on this (at least a little). I never knew this was such a big deal until I saw all those threads out there. I definitely stuck to page/paragraph limits. And used 1 inch margins along with a 10 font.
So I guess we'll see where I come out.

:shock:

Goshdamn I really hate this waiting limbo.


I have question for u siince you are from Canada
Does Queens actually have the reputation that businessweek claims i.e DOes the Industry really recognize it widely???
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2007, 00:42
kharma wrote:
Venky - Asked my friend. Her response:

yes Queens is reputed for a strong MBA program. but the disadvantage is that it is in Kingston...so pretty far away from everything. Sometimes they have satellite campuses - but i haven't heard much about it...

York in Toronto (Schulick School of Business) is equally reputable but has the advantage of being in the city so possibility of working during the day (or network for that matter) since classes are in the evenings.

Both are on par - but I personally would go with Schulick...


venky1979 wrote:
kharma wrote:
Venky thanks - You are definitely calming my nerves on this (at least a little). I never knew this was such a big deal until I saw all those threads out there. I definitely stuck to page/paragraph limits. And used 1 inch margins along with a 10 font.
So I guess we'll see where I come out.

:shock:

Goshdamn I really hate this waiting limbo.


I have question for u siince you are from Canada
Does Queens actually have the reputation that businessweek claims i.e DOes the Industry really recognize it widely???


Thanks for the Info :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 182
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2007, 16:22
My Kellogg application has changed "completed" today. however, although I requested an interview but I haven't heard from them.
I don't quite understand the underlined line part. My interview has not been conducted, why do they still submit to thr Adcom? What do they mean? Please help to clarify?

All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). As the majority of decisions are updated twice a week, we recommend checking the status on Tuesday and Friday, between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Please note the majority of decisions will be posted during the last several weeks of the deadline.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 00:54
GMATcram wrote:
My Kellogg application has changed "completed" today. however, although I requested an interview but I haven't heard from them.
I don't quite understand the underlined line part. My interview has not been conducted, why do they still submit to thr Adcom? What do they mean? Please help to clarify?

All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). As the majority of decisions are updated twice a week, we recommend checking the status on Tuesday and Friday, between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Please note the majority of decisions will be posted during the last several weeks of the deadline.


They want an app to be complete in all respects before the processing and checking team forwards to decision making adcom
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Posts: 1408
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 01:04
venky1979 wrote:
GMATcram wrote:
My Kellogg application has changed "completed" today. however, although I requested an interview but I haven't heard from them.
I don't quite understand the underlined line part. My interview has not been conducted, why do they still submit to thr Adcom? What do they mean? Please help to clarify?

All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). As the majority of decisions are updated twice a week, we recommend checking the status on Tuesday and Friday, between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time. Please note the majority of decisions will be posted during the last several weeks of the deadline.


They want an app to be complete in all respects before the processing and checking team forwards to decision making adcom


I also have the same thing. My intv is long over. I am not sure whether the interviewer updated the system.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2006
Posts: 37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 05:56
Just an FYI
Someone over in the BW forums stated they got their admin for R2 - looks like the releases are starting. Good luck to all!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 06:00
kharma wrote:
Just an FYI
Someone over in the BW forums stated they got their admin for R2 - looks like the releases are starting. Good luck to all!


cool Kellogg is still behind me for TOEFL which I am taking up tomorrow :(
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 1816
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 07:13
venky1979 wrote:
kharma wrote:
Just an FYI
Someone over in the BW forums stated they got their admin for R2 - looks like the releases are starting. Good luck to all!


cool Kellogg is still behind me for TOEFL which I am taking up tomorrow :(


Good Luck ! :).... The issue about TOEFL is more related on the exam itself that sometimes refuses to work than on your skills in english ;)... A crazy thing to resume :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 202
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 08:23
I'm having my toefl tomorrow also...
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 08:29
antapple wrote:
I'm having my toefl tomorrow also...

1) Are u in for R2
2) Where are you giving TOEFL
3) Are you giving CBT/iBT??

If iBT then the issue is that u will get ur score only after 15 business days (21 calender days)

I worried if Kellogg would actually consider my case even though in e-mail they have promised to do so :(
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 09:47
antapple wrote:
Didn't apply to KEllogg yet. Not sure it I will.
I'm going to London to do a iBT there, in Lisbon we only have PBT now, and I have a dreadfull handwriting...


I am going to Bournemouth Dorset
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 202
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2007, 14:48
had a crappy exam
cant believe i bombed on toefl...
i was so tired, dont think i'll get a minimum... so probably see you next year!
damn it!!!!
still cant believe it!
oh well, maybe i'll just try to have it waived being english and all.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2007, 03:30
antapple wrote:
had a crappy exam
cant believe i bombed on toefl...
i was so tired, dont think i'll get a minimum... so probably see you next year!
**** it!!!!
still cant believe it!
oh well, maybe i'll just try to have it waived being english and all.


Relax if you are confident of 80% in LC and RC and spoke clearly in spoken part and ofcourse written you must have done well considering the time that was given

Just wait for the results
BTW where in UK are u from?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 202
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2007, 06:21
I will but i'm confident I did bad.
I couldn't even concentrate...
the thing is I'm not in the UK, I wen't yeasterday morning (from Lisbon portugal), got there at 10a.m., then having lunch trying to find the place that was still kind of way from the city center.
i had slept only 5 hours or so...

Well that's what you get trying to be a smart@ss
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2007, 06:32
antapple wrote:
I will but i'm confident I did bad.
I couldn't even concentrate...
the thing is I'm not in the UK, I wen't yeasterday morning (from Lisbon portugal), got there at 10a.m., then having lunch trying to find the place that was still kind of way from the city center.
i had slept only 5 hours or so...

Well that's what you get trying to be a smart@ss


I had a similar experience
But I was pubbing all night woke up with head ache
But i travellled 3 hours to south of england (bournemouth)
and took my test at 1:30 pm

BTW if u are planning to do MBA next year then whats the hurry??
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2006
Posts: 665
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2007, 06:44
antapple wrote:
no, i'm still planing on doing it in 2007...
Just needed a new one for R3.
alreaDy applied to 1 school still applying to some others...
By the way do you know the minimum result for most schools?
And may one say he is native english? for example if applying as an englishman, would that be acceptable?


Well I had a bad experience with Kellogg
Though I am Indian It consulting from Big3 They still didnt consider my case and insisted on TOEFL. Some colleges like Kellogg and Berkeley are real jerks in this regard

Now i am not sure what cut off is but this is my second attempt in TOEFL I had given PBT in 1999-2000 and had done badly but I got 670/677
which was a very good score.

Many feel that they messed up Toefl especially in listening comp but dont worry most scores I heard of come out well over the expectations
  [#permalink] 25 Feb 2007, 06:44
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Stanford R1 & R2 - pants pooping 06/07 lepium 57 29 Dec 2006, 15:13
Kellogg R1 & R2: Pants pooping thread continues - ELSEWH rhyme 4 27 Dec 2006, 09:23
Pants Poopers Strike Back: Wharton R1 & R2 helg 135 15 Dec 2006, 04:14
GSB R1 and R2: Lets the pants pooping commence! rhyme 723 13 Dec 2006, 06:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Kellogg's R2 Pant poopers and R1 Waitlists

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23    Next  [ 445 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.