Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:42 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, International Business, Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
 Q48  V36
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q45  V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, SUpply Chain & Logistics, IB
Schools:CMU, Ross, Kellogg, Case, OSU, Stanford, Kelley
 Q48  V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Current Student
 Q45  V38
Send PM
Re: Kellogg School of Managemnt - MMM Program [#permalink]
manasa wrote:
hi domtri33,

I am interested in the MMM program and would be applying for R2.
This is the kind of program I have been looking for. I did talk to people from MIT-LGO.. it looks like I am gonna have a very slim chance there as I do not have permit to work in the US

B.E. in Industrial Engineering & Management- I am not sure how to convert it to GPA but I have topped my university
GMAT 720
4+yrs of automotive industry exp in India

I would like to enhance my profile with the MMM program and get into Strategy Management positions..

Could you tell me my chances of getting through?
Also I would like to visit the school.. is it a good idea?

manasa,

Glad to hear that you are interested in the MMM program. Looking at your profile, it seems like the program could be a good fit for you.

I will apologize right now, and say, really, I'm not in a position to gauge if you will get into Kellogg or not. In all honesty, the admissions process is a bit of a black box. That being said, I would certainly suggest visiting Kellogg and trying to sit in on a MMM class.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operation, Supply Chain, Product Management
Schools:MIT Sloan 2012
Send PM
Hi domtri33

Thanks for all the great insights on the MMM program. I am a little confused about the prerequisite at this point. I emailed Kellogg ADCOM in September and was told there is NO prerequisite required. But from the weblink you provided, there is a prerequisite in probability/statistics.

I did not study statistics in undergrad (nor graduate school). Do I need to enroll at a communitity college in spring for a statistic class?

Thanks
Current Student
 Q45  V38
Send PM
jzd wrote:
Hi domtri33

Thanks for all the great insights on the MMM program. I am a little confused about the prerequisite at this point. I emailed Kellogg ADCOM in September and was told there is NO prerequisite required. But from the weblink you provided, there is a prerequisite in probability/statistics.

I did not study statistics in undergrad (nor graduate school). Do I need to enroll at a communitity college in spring for a statistic class?

Thanks

I would recommend taking a prob and stats class if you can. Though I don't think its explicitly required, it will definately make your life easier when you get here. Also, depending on what you did your undergrad in, it may help your application.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
domtri33, I ended up applying to the MMM program and am application complete w/ interview. Do you know if there is any difference as to when MMM applicants will get decisions? I know that the final review process is random and that decisions are released on a rolling basis. Since there's no special requirements, I imagine there isn't any early or later notification but figured I'd ask just in case.
Current Student
 Q45  V38
Send PM
gregarious wrote:
domtri33, I ended up applying to the MMM program and am application complete w/ interview. Do you know if there is any difference as to when MMM applicants will get decisions? I know that the final review process is random and that decisions are released on a rolling basis. Since there's no special requirements, I imagine there isn't any early or later notification but figured I'd ask just in case.

gregarious, congrats on your decision! Best of luck! As far as notifications go, no, MMM are not on any type of different time line than everyone else. You have to remember, though MMM applications are viewed for both the MEM program and MBA program, most of your classes will be for the MBA so your profile is also evaluated beyond just the other MMM applicants. I know this is a very frustrating and nervous period, but try and relax.....who am I kidding, I was on pins and needles :)

Again, good luck and hopefully you will get some good news soon.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Operations
Send PM
Found out today that I'm dinged from MMM through the status check. Have to say I'm disappointed but glad that I at least found out relatively early in the month. domtri33, thanks for your advice in this thread and good luck to those still waiting!
Current Student
 Q45  V38
Send PM
gregarious wrote:
Found out today that I'm dinged from MMM through the status check. Have to say I'm disappointed but glad that I at least found out relatively early in the month. domtri33, thanks for your advice in this thread and good luck to those still waiting!

gregarious, sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the rest of your applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan LGO, Kellogg MMM R1, Ross R2, Duke R1, UNC R1
Send PM
domtri, thanks for all the insights on the MMM.

I have been looking for this kind of program due to my Supply Chain background and mi intentions to continue working in Operations/Supply Chain. This made me narrow down my options to LGO at MIT, MMM at Kellogg and the Tauber Institue in UM.

A couple of weeks ago I received the acceptance email from Kellogg, which has made me very happy, since it already covers all I want, but am still waiting for the MIT response to make a final decision. I was going to apply to Ross in R2, but I think MMM is a better choice than Tauber, even if Michigan would offer some scholarship (do you think that too, or a scholarship above 30% would make you change your mind?).

About MIT... do you see MIT's brand name as a big support for the program? What would you think between LGO and MMM? Or even between Sloan MBA vs MMM?

Thank you very much and I hope you all guys have some great holidays.
Current Student
Send PM
LGO won't release a decision until late March. How will you hold your place of acceptance at the MMM program?

I also applied to the LGO but I have decided not to apply to the MMM only because I "want" to be as close to NYC as possible and Boston is only 4 hours away.

MMM is a fantastic program. The LGO does offer the "6 month partner company internship".

guille wrote:
domtri, thanks for all the insights on the MMM.

I have been looking for this kind of program due to my Supply Chain background and mi intentions to continue working in Operations/Supply Chain. This made me narrow down my options to LGO at MIT, MMM at Kellogg and the Tauber Institue in UM.

A couple of weeks ago I received the acceptance email from Kellogg, which has made me very happy, since it already covers all I want, but am still waiting for the MIT response to make a final decision. I was going to apply to Ross in R2, but I think MMM is a better choice than Tauber, even if Michigan would offer some scholarship (do you think that too, or a scholarship above 30% would make you change your mind?).

About MIT... do you see MIT's brand name as a big support for the program? What would you think between LGO and MMM? Or even between Sloan MBA vs MMM?

Thank you very much and I hope you all guys have some great holidays.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan LGO, Kellogg MMM R1, Ross R2, Duke R1, UNC R1
Send PM
I can make the deposit in Kellogg until the last day of March. If I haven´t received a final decision from MIT, I will just pay it.

Now, do you know when does LGO sends the invites to interview? If it is like the R1 process, it should be by the end of January/first week of February. Considering that:

If i get an interview, i'll have the answer before the Kellogg deadline, so no problem.
If i get a ding and am derived to R2, and get an invitation to interview for Sloan R2, the decision will be posted after the Kellogg deadline. I'll just pay Kellogg and make a final decision after MIT's response.

I know my chances at LGO are low, since i'm an international (Peru).
Current Student
Send PM
You are right I believe MIT will start sending out invitation in late January. I think it will work out great for you regarding the deposit deadline since I belive LGO will give you an answer by 3/8/10.

You can't lose.
Current Student
 Q45  V38
Send PM
Saw some interesting questions in the applications section about MIT LGO. Just wanted to bump up this thread as a few of the folks interested in LGO may also have some interest in MMM.
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: $ Finance $
Schools:Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
 Q50  V37
GPA: 4.0
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Send PM
so what is the difference between lgo and mmm? does mmm provide an internship? what are the costs like?
Current Student
 Q45  V38
Send PM
mainhoon wrote:
so what is the difference between lgo and mmm? does mmm provide an internship? what are the costs like?

So I think the biggest difference is that in LGO, you pretty much have to start your post MBA career in manufacturing at whatever company sponsors you. In MMM, there is no such requirement. That being said, as a MMM you also are not sponsored, so you are paying the same tuition as a regular MBA student. As with most regular MBA programs, sponsorships are not "provided" for MMMs. You do however have access to certain opportunities through the program that regular MBAs don't have.

If you look back at my original post on this thread, I think I go into a lot more detail about what exactly the MMM program is all about.
Director
Director
 Q50  V37
Send PM
My understanding is that this is not the case. There is no requirement that you work for the partner companies at all. Its just that you need to do a 6month internship with them.

"So I think the biggest difference is that in LGO, you pretty much have to start your post MBA career in manufacturing at whatever company sponsors you. In MMM, there is no such requirement"
Director
Director
 Q50  V37
Send PM
Can you clarify how are the MMM and the LGO different in terms of flexibility? I am not clear on that. Thanks

gregarious wrote:
Great post! As a prospective MMM applicant, many of the myths/facts that you talked about were exactly what I've been thinking about as I decide whether or not the program is suitable for me vs. the normal MBA. The point of being engaged/disengaged in particular is especially helpful. I was also concerned about having fewer Kellogg electives available but your breakdown alleviates that worry and I hadn't even thought about how that could be an advantage in terms of bidding.

Since there isn't much of a Sloan presence here, I wanted to clarify as an applicant a few comments you had on MIT LFM program (now called LGO - Leaders for Global Operations). First, as one might infer from the name change, the manufacturing aspect has been de-emphasized to include the broader area of operations. Also, while students are guaranteed 6.5 month internship with a partner company but there is no hard requirement to work for any partner company. However, the program FAQ does say that most students take a role in manufacturing or operations companies and should make a "good faith effort" to consider the program partners. The FAQ further states "Students seeking careers in banking, financial services, or consulting should consider programs other than LGO that are more aligned with these career goals." I definitely agree with your point that the LGO/LFM program is more narrowly focused than MMM and that's why I'm having a tough time comparing the two. Although the MIT program seems very well integrated, because of an early start in June and the 6.5 month internship, the overall program schedule is pretty different from any other MBA program.

Anyways, thanks again for your insight into MMM and hope to hear more about your thoughts on it!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Kellogg MMM (accepted), Harvard (accepted), Stanford (Ding), MIT LGO
 Q47  V39
WE 1: 8 years at matriculation
Send PM
Any more updates on how the LGO porgram compares with MMM from current students? I got in to MMM this year and I am reapplying to LGO as well (after getting an interview last year). I think if I get in to both it will be a very tough decision. I am not sure what I want to do in the future, so I don't really know what school would tailor best to my interests.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2