Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: LBS/INSEAD Profile strength evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Bilalkhan118 wrote:
Thanks a lot for helping me.

Here is a first cut (very short) summary of my essays.

I want an MBA because
a. I want to switch industries to finance (Preferably corporate finance) and
b. at the same time I am looking for vertical growth in my career.
I am positive that MBA from either one of these schools will go a long way in helping me achieve these goals.

I have been successful in several leadership roles during my professional career.
I managed the complete demand planning process for two business divisions (a AED 250 million Personal Care division and a AED 120 million Frozen foods division).
As a part of the S&OP project team, I introduced and implemented the S&OP process in the businesses. This included introduction of a forecasting process. The implementation of this process significantly improved forecast accuracy and customer service level for the business and resulted in substantial reduction of working capital.
During my tenure with SIEMENS Pakistan (my first job after school), I managed the planning & production process for SIEMENS Pakistan’s PKR 2,500 MILLION Power Transformer factory, led a production team comprising of 2 team leaders, 50 workers and 12 apprentices in a labor union environment and was responsible for duration and quality of the complete Power transformer Production process. My achievements were:
-Reduction of overall production waste by 7% through performing periodic product/process analyses for quality improvement
- Generation of a 20% decrease in Production cycle time by introducing new Production time management techniques
I plan to write about these experiences in my essays.
Also I have had several leadership experiences in sports (Cricket, Squash, Table Tennis, etc). I plan to write about these experiences in detail.

I plan to use my MBA for gaining valuable international exposure. Both of these programs are tailored in a way that their students learn at lot from the community and the multicultural environment. I want to maximize the international advantage that these programs offer. I grew up in a developing economy. I want to take these international experiences back to my country to help it grow in whatever way I can.

I am planning for a 12-15 month break from work at max and these are the best schools that offer a 1-year or so MBA.
The other schools I might consider are Oxford and Cambridge.

Thanks again for your help

Hello again!

Okay a few thoughts good sir,
and please excuse if they seem very direct:
- Your goals are quite unrealistic. I know you want to move into Finance, but so does every single other Indian and Pakistani applicant I have met (until they change their goals). EOF course everyone wants to make more money, but there aren't that many jobs out there, and unless you are highly skilled, have great connections or previous experience, it's not a good idea to present these as goals (which doesn't mean you can't try to make it happen of course)
- Also realistically speaking, very few people move industries and move UP at the same time. If you move to a new industry, normally you will actually have to take a step down until you have gained the requisite experience.
- I would also recommend you opening up your list to other one-year programs, both on the mainland, and in the US. Your school list is a bit overly ambitious given your background and GMAT score - maybe programs in Germany Switzerland which have very strong banking industries, HEC in France could be good.

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions, do not hesitate,
Best,
JF
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts