Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 06:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 8

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 03:47
BrunoNovo wrote:
Dear LBS, please, for the love of all which is holy, DO NOT send me an e-mail 2 days before decision that has absolutely nothing to do with the decision...

I absolutely had heart failure for a moment then! Especially as it starts with 'Do you have what it takes...' but it was just an update about LBS!!!

2 days left :)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 2

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 05:02
BrunoNovo wrote:
Dear LBS, please, for the love of all which is holy, DO NOT send me an e-mail 2 days before decision that has absolutely nothing to do with the decision...

It does get your hopes up doesn't it? I then spend the next 20 minutes reading between the lines for clues on admission decision haha
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 11:21
Rhetorical question: Say you were admitted to LBS on Thursday, but received an offer for you dream job today. Is there any logical reason to decline the job offer to do the MBA?

Assume that money is of no importance. Also assume that these are mutually exclusive choices, if you do the MBA you cannot get the job after.

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 8

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 11:45
This post received
KUDOS
Bosun182 wrote:
Rhetorical question: Say you were admitted to LBS on Thursday, but received an offer for you dream job today. Is there any logical reason to decline the job offer to do the MBA?

Assume that money is of no importance. Also assume that these are mutually exclusive choices, if you do the MBA you cannot get the job after.

If money was of no importance, I would go to LBS and then set up my own company to have the dream job I want rather than have someone give it to me.

However, I think that doesn't really answer your question! What would you do?
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 8

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 04:21
This post received
KUDOS
1 more sleep, hope we all wake up to good news on Thursday morning!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 2

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 05:37
This post received
KUDOS
LondonCity wrote:
1 more sleep, hope we all wake up to good news on Thursday morning!

Here here.
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 07:51
At LBS tonight for their open evening. Going to enjoy it and the dream and then either way tomorrow I should be fine. Also will enjoy the lovely Windsor :)

Plus, the fact I can think of nothing else makes it quite appropriate. Now I don't have to bore friends with my worrying and MBA chat!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 2

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 08:21
This post received
KUDOS
Also waiting for decision tomorrow, fingers crossed and good luck to all!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 6

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 09:24
This post received
KUDOS
Have they told what time the decision will be sent?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 8

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 09:32
This post received
KUDOS
gafear wrote:
Have they told what time the decision will be sent?

Could be anytime. Their website says they can be sent late into the evening. Good luck!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.15
WE: Accounting (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 23:40
did someone already got a reply ?

This waiting time is nerve wracking...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 20

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 00:23
Nothing here. I'm betting they'll go for the 5pm London time again...
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 01:43
BrunoNovo wrote:
Nothing here. I'm betting they'll go for the 5pm London time again...

I think you are right, so 7 hours to go!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 2

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 03:24
This post received
KUDOS
This is painful, I wish they'd made the decision day tomorrow and then surprised us all by notifying a day early!
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 04:14
mbaplusplus wrote:
This is painful, I wish they'd made the decision day tomorrow and then surprised us all by notifying a day early!

It is super painful! I oscillate between being really hopeful and being absolutely certain I didn't get in. Oh the pain!
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 05:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Stage 1 decisions today
Good afternoon from a frosty London! We are busy in the office finalising decisions for candidates, it has been a fantastic start to the year. Kudos to those of you who have submitted applications, we have read some fantastic essays and the calibre has been higher than I have ever seen at this point in the […]

Read the rest of this entry...
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 07:00
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Managing Communications with your Admissions Team: In-Person Networking Tips
  Hello to all and welcome  to our final session on effective communications. We truly love to travel in the MiM Team and meeting some of you at events around the world is always a treat. Similarly, you may be passing by London and want to visit campus and meet with us. You want to […]

Read the rest of this entry...
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 07:44
Theres like 1 more hour left...ne1 get nething?? this is getting annoying.....
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 07:55
Not long now really, just 1 hour. Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern

Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 08:27
Tick Tock......
Re: London Business School Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2013, 08:27