Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:09 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 680 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: mgmat sc gudie..confusing? [#permalink]
o dear.... i have the latest version the 4th edition that has prac questions from OG 12...

by confusing i mean...the text goes on and on with very few infact one single example or at times no example of what they are saying...i really liked their guide on RC, hav the cr guide but have used powerscore instead and loved it ! but this one seems a drag! or is it because i m not a native speaker :S...but i know my grammar isnt that bad...
i thought about getting powerscore sc but i hav read reviews saying that mgmat is much better....do u think i should refer to some other book before studying from mgmat sc?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
zzxxdd wrote:
o dear.... i have the latest version the 4th edition that has prac questions from OG 12...

by confusing i mean...the text goes on and on with very few infact one single example or at times no example of what they are saying...i really liked their guide on RC, hav the cr guide but have used powerscore instead and loved it ! but this one seems a drag! or is it because i m not a native speaker :S...but i know my grammar isnt that bad...
i thought about getting powerscore sc but i hav read reviews saying that mgmat is much better....do u think i should refer to some other book before studying from mgmat sc?

I doubt not being a native speaker is the problem. The text is very LONG, but it provides the rules needed to solve the problems. It also has a VERY long list of idioms.

If you want a toned down version of MGMAT SC, try to score a third ed copy (but you will need 11ed OG and 1st ed Official Verbal).

Maybe the "beefed" up content is too much for you and you want more practice problems and examples?

I benefited greatly from the revised 3rd ed (same as the 4th ed, but refers to the 11ed OG and 1st ed Official Verbal). I also had the normal 3rd ed and preferred the "beefed" up version.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i hav a copy of the third ed...maybe i can go over that frst and then complement it with the 4th one...?

also i wanted to know...am planning to take the gmat early to mid november...so far i havnt taken any prac test hav just gone through rc and cr guides along with the questions in the review books...i am planning to get done with math this week and take a test in abt 7 days time...do u think thats ok? or is that too late and i should take a test now?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
You have plenty of time to get practice tests in.

We normally recommend people take a practice exam as a diagnostic test to create his/her study plan, but you're well past that point.

Taking a test in 7 days is fine. Just remember: don't burn out on practice tests. Taking practice test after practice test is not always useful and you might burn out.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
You can ask Emily or Michael here if you have any specific MGMAT questions: manhattan-gmat-class-discount-everything-about-mgmat-84213.html
GMAT Club Bot