Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16656 [0]
Given Kudos: 217
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V45
GPA: 2.9
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Status:wanted to change the world after college… then realized, maybe i will stick to earning some money!!!
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing
 Q41  V23 GMAT 2: 600  Q41  V29
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [0]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: GMAT - Timeline [#permalink]
Yes, it seems you are going in the right direction.

You didn't comment at all on text anxiety or stamina during the exam. These two items can and have routinely tanked people's scores.

Also, why would you post the exact same thing twice in such a short period of time? I have merged your threads.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: My GMAT PLAN [#permalink]
Hi Ranjith,

Many thanks for your response.

My response on your points are:

I can't sit for non-stop 5 hours because of my work commitments. But I give 5 hrs a day. 2 in the morning and 3 in the eve. During weekends I can invest around 7-8 hours.

I agree about the full commitment. Beleive me as this is my 4th attempt to give GMAT a go I won't be doing it half heartedly.

I wasn't doing any particular activity apart from thinking about GMAT all the time and deciding whether its worth taking GMAT again/ can my score be increased after I have exhausted most of the standard material available in the market? But again i think its the quality that matters and not the quantity and therefore I am working hard on basics. Any thoughts from you or anyone on this will be much appreciated.

Please guys if you can help me that would be great and many thanks to everyone in gmatclub for solving and explaining the things in every minute detail.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Thanks Mohater and apologies for posting the same thread. This was mainly because of no reply received from anyone. Normally I get a reply within 2 minutes so when I didn't get one for 24 hours I thought I may have posted it in the wrong place :?

As far as stamina and anxiety is concerned, I get nervous when I start my exam and that took a toll on me. My biggest problem on the exam was as soon as I am not 100% convinced that I have answered a particular question correct, I loose my confidence and it affects the whole exam. And considering my previous scores (Highest 460) I think I never got first 5 or 10 questions correct which afftected my performance because I knew I wasn't doing well after seeing the standard of questions.

But saying that this could all be because I never ever scored in high 600's in any of the practice tests and therefore I didn't have any confidence. Again I think it all boils down to learning and getting the basic concepts right and then building.

What are your thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Status:wanted to change the world after college… then realized, maybe i will stick to earning some money!!!
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing
 Q41  V23 GMAT 2: 600  Q41  V29
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
enigma123 wrote:
Hi Ranjith,

Many thanks for your response.

My response on your points are:

I can't sit for non-stop 5 hours because of my work commitments. But I give 5 hrs a day. 2 in the morning and 3 in the eve. During weekends I can invest around 7-8 hours.

I agree about the full commitment. Beleive me as this is my 4th attempt to give GMAT a go I won't be doing it half heartedly.

I wasn't doing any particular activity apart from thinking about GMAT all the time and deciding whether its worth taking GMAT again/ can my score be increased after I have exhausted most of the standard material available in the market? But again i think its the quality that matters and not the quantity and therefore I am working hard on basics. Any thoughts from you or anyone on this will be much appreciated.

Please guys if you can help me that would be great and many thanks to everyone in gmatclub for solving and explaining the things in every minute detail.

I agree with the quality of basics that you are talking about. But your basics will improve only when you master its application on different problems. With that your speed and accuracy should also increase. So bottom line quality and quantity goes hand in hand.
For your problem of exhausted materials, I would suggest you to redo them again and this time make it like only if you get the reasons why the option is correct and the other options are wrong correct, you get that question right. By doing this you will not only improve the quality of applying your basics but also will be left with lot of questions which will look totally new to you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hello everyone - As you know I have written previously about my plan and got some really goo didea from you guys. One of the things I read on this forum is to book the exam well in advance so that oen can put the strategy, plans in place. Therefore, I booked my exam for 04th October this year. As I am planning to apply only in Exec MBA of LBS,
can someone please tell me what score will put me in a better position considering:

I have 11 years of work ex in Management consulting.
Worked in various geographical locations
UK National
Done quiet a lot of Charity work
Able to get good recommendations
Does anyone know whether recommendation from an alumni adds more value or not?

Also, can someone please let me know if its a good idea to get the quant done first and then start with verbal and not mix the two?

I look forward for your comments guys.
GMAT Club Bot