Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 05:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Need help urgent

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT Date: 11-30-2011
GPA: 3.1
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 29

Need help urgent [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 20:58
Hello,

I scored 620 in my GMAT (V-30,Q-45).

My quant scored in five MGMATs varied from 43-45, so the scores at real GMAT mirrored the same, my verbal was also in the same line (i scored 2/3 points higher all the time at MGMATs)

I am retaking my GMAT on 14th Aug, my target score is 700+

1) Is it feasible to grow from 620 to 700+ in two months or i am being very ambitious ( i know this is subjective, but neither am i super human not am i too dull )

2) i am pretty confident on scaling my quant from 45 to 48, but I honestly do not have any clue on how does one progress on verbal with time. I am a non native speaker.

3) I started my prep a few days ago with SC, i worked on basics and fundamentals for 3/4 days. I started attempting questions of OG 13, and i feel so disappointed that my accuracy turned out to be the same for OG - 72% for all the problems. I witness the same trend in my SC (rights and wrongs)

does this mean

a) I am going wrong in my prep
b) It takes time to improve beyond 30 (my target for verbal is 38)

I have to have 38 in verbal else i can never touch 700 in my dream also, but i am terribly confused over what to do ?

To work more and more on fundamentals ?
Practice more and work on strategies ?

With Quant i know i am good, and feel confidence to improve, but it is really damn difficult to understand as of now what to do with this verbal ?

The resources i am using for verbal are

1) MGMAT
2) e-gmat

thanks
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 11

Re: Need help urgent [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2012, 21:10
From what I understand, MGMAT verbal is slightly "easier" than the actual GMAT verbal and the MGMAT math is slightly "more difficult" than the actual GMAT.

Your scores reflect this as well.

You obviously have a lot of room to improve with your V30. How did you prepare for verbal before the exam? What types of verbal questions did you struggle with?

I think two months is plenty of time, given that you can consistently put in the time and effort.

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Re: Need help urgent   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2012, 21:10