Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
corky wrote:
Thanks for the db update. I was waiting for it. I had called NYU today and the person said that the WL is still open and that till I get a decision on my Fall 08 application I cannot re-apply for Spring 09 semester. Also she mentioned that wait listed people would have to wait for more time (basically till September 15) till we get an email regarding the final application status :(. I don't understand one thing if we wait till 15th Sept would we not miss the deadline and in turn not be able to apply for Spring 09 semester! Does anybody have any thoughts about this unique situation :?

I know you are waiting too. here is my suggestion. Prepare your application and cancel the waitlist before you send out.

(anyway no hope for us now. The admits are more than last year now if I am right).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
bkk145 wrote:
Anyone curious about the Langone Retreat, here is the official link:

https://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~retreat/ret ... ?page=home

It will be held on Friday, September 19th - Sunday, September 21st 2008. There is also facebook group for this event. Just search for "Langone Retreat 2008".

I registered for this last week. My NetID still doesn't work but thankfully my gf goes to NYU so she knew about the events. It looks like for the near future the retreat and the welcome back drinks on 9/3 are the only events. Anyone know of anything else?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
bkk145 wrote:
Anyone curious about the Langone Retreat, here is the official link:

https://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~retreat/ret ... ?page=home

It will be held on Friday, September 19th - Sunday, September 21st 2008. There is also facebook group for this event. Just search for "Langone Retreat 2008".

The retreat costs $245?!?! And it's on a weekend after the classes start!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
reversemix wrote:
It looks like for the near future the retreat and the welcome back drinks on 9/3 are the only events. Anyone know of anything else?

Do you mean the "pre-pre-term" on 9/3? I thought it's on 9/5 (fri). Or is this different?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is the NYU Stern Fall 08 class full or is there still room for us WLs?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
corky wrote:
Is the NYU Stern Fall 08 class full or is there still room for us WLs?

Who knows for sure? While I wouldn't get very optimistic this late in the game, from what I understand, it’s still possible.

The database as at 449 now. I would imagine the adcom is about to shift gears to preparing the Langone spring apps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Just called admin and they said the orientation for fall is going to be on Sep12th, so they are not closing the waitlist in case someone drops off. And yes, WL people cannot reapply until we get official letter from them...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If you wish to re-apply to the Part-time MBA program within one year of your last Part-time application, you can do so under Stern's abbreviated re-application process.

The following items are NOT required for re-applicants:

* Essay 3
* One letter of recommendation (only one of the two letters of recommendation is required)
* Transcript(s) (unless you have taken additional coursework)
* Official GMAT and TOEFL (unless you have new scores to report or your scores have expired)

This information is from the NYU Stern website. Does this mean that re-applicants cannot submit Essay 3 again? Past re-applicants can you please throw some light on this issue. I am planning to use an essay editing service for the reapplication process and I don't want to spend a fortune if I won't be able to use Essay 3.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dinged :cry:

I think you have to make decision by yourself. I also don't think they will ding you just because you write essay 3.

What I am confused is how to write different essays in so short time. No more activity, no much improvements!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
The DB is at 451
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Welldone sorry to hear about your ding. What time today did you hear from them? I am expecting to hear something today too. At least that will get me started with my essays so that I meet the deadline. Also like I mentioned in my previous post I am planning to use a essay editing & preparation service this time (which I am sure will cost me a fortune). :|
Manager
Manager
Send PM
corky wrote:
Welldone sorry to hear about your ding. What time today did you hear from them? I am expecting to hear something today too. At least that will get me started with my essays so that I meet the deadline. Also like I mentioned in my previous post I am planning to use a essay editing & preparation service this time (which I am sure will cost me a fortune). :|

about 1.5 hrs ago. Thanks. Good luck to you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was looking at Fall 07 application analysis posted by someone on the forum (please see below)

Fall 2007 general facts:
- Applicants: 1077*
- Admission rate: 46%
- Admits: 495*
- Percent of admits who enroll: 92%
- Final class size: 456

So NYU admitted 495 students in total and 456 out of those enrolled. Does this mean that WLs still have a chance? I was just curious! :?:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
corky wrote:
I was looking at Fall 07 application analysis posted by someone on the forum (please see below)

Fall 2007 general facts:
- Applicants: 1077*
- Admission rate: 46%
- Admits: 495*
- Percent of admits who enroll: 92%
- Final class size: 456

So NYU admitted 495 students in total and 456 out of those enrolled. Does this mean that WLs still have a chance? I was just curious! :?:

I posted that way back...

I think the hope for the waitlist guys lies in someone de-registering prior to the start of class. It’s possible that a handful of spots will open up that way. You have to figure that a few people will have serious life events, or their financing may fall through, etc…

But as far as the database, it consists of those who were accepted, decided to attend and paid the $1000. The 495 number from last year includes 39 people who were accepted last yet declined their acceptance. Those 39 would not have appeared in the database.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
corky wrote:

I'll add my 2 cents since I'm a re-app. I personally did not apply for the Spring semester because one, I got dinged after the registration date but more importantly, I didn't feel like there were any substantial improvements in my app that would help adcom to view me differently. For my re-app, I did use Kaplan's admin advisor to look over my app. I was advised not to rewrite essay 3 because my advisor thought my original essay 3 was pretty good. I changed my long term goal in essay 1 because I didn't feel like my previous long term goal was ambitious enough. I also changed my IT based resume that submitted the first time around to be more business oriented and to reflect my move into management. Lastly, I retook the GMAT to improve my score from a 660 to a 700. I think the best time to reapply is when you feel like you've improved in a few different areas that increased your competitiveness. Otherwise, it's just hoping that the next group of applicants are of lower caliber than the current group.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guys, today is the Pre-Pre-Term. If anyone who is attending is interested in meeting up with fellow Gmat-clubbers, please PM me. Let's figure out a way to identify each other.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
So how many GMAT Clubbers attended pre-pre-term? I was unable to make it - how was it?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60