Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1575 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Tangaroo wrote:
Hopefully we'll all find some way to bump into each other at the Pre-Term then! :)

Agreed... so how do we identify each other?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
CFACharterholder22 wrote:
Tangaroo wrote:
So how many GMAT Clubbers attended pre-pre-term? I was unable to make it - how was it?

It was a lot of fun. I got to meet mbaatthebigapple, rkaushik, and businesschic. I think the thing I liked most about it was that almost no one knew anyone else so that made for a very friendly environment. You could just walk up to any person or even a group, introduce yourself, and they would all be happy to talk with you for a long time. I probably talked to 15 to 20 different people and there were a lot of really nice people with a very diverse set of backgrounds. The other cool thing was they had stickers for your name tag so you could figure out who is in your core group. Altogether, it was a really good time and I'm glad I went.

Yes, I completely agree. It was a nice get-together where one gets to meet a lot of people from interesting background. I am glad I met some of the clubbers. Unfortunately, I couldn't meet a few other people who had responded to my post prior to Pre-Pre. Hopefully, we can catch up during the Pre-Term.

I was also really surprised to know that many had never heard of this (or any similar) forum and were on their own all along during the app process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
Tangaroo wrote:
Hopefully we'll all find some way to bump into each other at the Pre-Term then! :)

Having gone to the Pre-Pre, I think the best way to do this is to exchange names (and maybe some clues about demographics/appearance) through PMs prior to the event. I hope they will be issuing a name tag at the Pre-Term too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Did you guys join the FB group for our incoming class? I think it's at about 100 ppl at the moment. Also, some people have already started creating FB core groups because there's no one talking on the core bulletin boards on the stern site.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Tenore wrote:
Tangaroo wrote:

The pre-pre was really fun. I arrived a little late but stayed until 10:30. After getting few :?: faces when I asked about GmatClub, I stopped asking. However, I did meet rkaushik.

Maybe we can put a small dot on left bottom corner of our nametags for pre-term to indicate our gmatclub association. :-D

Either way, meeting any classmate will be a pleasure.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
corky wrote:
If you wish to re-apply to the Part-time MBA program within one year of your last Part-time application, you can do so under Stern's abbreviated re-application process.

This information is from the NYU Stern website. Does this mean that re-applicants cannot submit Essay 3 again? Past re-applicants can you please throw some light on this issue. I am planning to use an essay editing service for the reapplication process and I don't want to spend a fortune if I won't be able to use Essay 3.

Essay 3 is optional for reapp. If you feel you can improve on your Essay 3 then you should go ahead. I personally did not resubmit the 3rd essay.

If it helps, I will also share my reapplication story. I had applied for Fall 07 and I was put on the WL for quite long. When I was finally dinged, firstly, it was very close to the spring deadline and secondly, I had hardly anything new to include in the spring app. I still applied, and I was among the first ones to get dinged in Spring. Still, there were quite a few reapplicants who made it in Spring (so don't lose hope). For the Fall application, I improved my GMAT, worked on my Essays (1 & 2) and took a finance class (in addition, there were few other improvements at work). I guess those worked. I understand how it feels to be put on the WL and get dinged later. Don't give up.

All the best to the reapplicants and everyone on the WL.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'll put together one mass PM where we can reply with our real names and describe ourselves or link to facebook for pics - be on the look out for it! If you don't receive it later today, please just PM me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey guys I sent out the mass PM about pre-term - please let me know if you have NOT received it. I attached so many names to it, I hope it didn't bounce!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi fellow Orange core members,
I have created the NYU Stern Langone 08 Fall Orange Core on FB.
https://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/g ... 709&ref=ts
Looking forward to ours being a tight bunch!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am now officially enKROLLed as a Stern student! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 783 [0]
Send PM
Hello all,

I am applying for Spring 09, and my app is due Sept 15th. Unfortunately my essays need more work and I dont want to submit something that I can improve on. Having said that would it be a big disadvantage submitting a week late ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
It's risky. Who knows if they'll leave registration open after the deadline again. Also, it might mean they process your application after they go through the people who submitted on time. That could be a big disadvantage.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yavasani wrote:
Hello all,

I am applying for Spring 09, and my app is due Sept 15th. Unfortunately my essays need more work and I dont want to submit something that I can improve on. Having said that would it be a big disadvantage submitting a week late ?

Last year, someone applied on Sept 29th and was admitted on Oct 9th.
Check out ioiio's story: https://gmatclub.com/forum/102-t48310?sk=t&sd=a&start=140

However, you DO put yourself at risk, as CFA points out. You’ll have to weigh the risk vs. the projected improvement and decide on which approach gives you the best total chance. In my opinion, if you can turn a questionable app into a winner, then it pays to take the risk. Alternately, if your app is strong enough to get you in as it is, then don’t miss the deadline just to polish it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
any NYU indian applicants, did you guys convert % to equivalent GPA...

I have 90.2% In my undergrad...should i specify this in my resume as it is without conversion?

thanks
sv6
Intern
Intern
Send PM
You can leave it as a %. There's no need to convert it into US-equiv. GPA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 523 [0]
Send PM
Folks,

I have applied to the Spring 2009 Part-time program at NYU. While all components of my application were submitted on time one of my recommendation provider missed the deadline and was a day late. Is this a big deal ? Does this mean that my application is going to be rejected/wait-listed ?

I sent an email to the adcom folks, asking for a couple of days of extension on my recommendation and this is what they wrote :

"Thank you for your message. To meet the deadline, the recommendations needed to be submitted by September 15th. If not, admissions will be on a space available basis."

What does this mean ?

Can someone who is more experienced and has been through the process please shed any insights into this.
The only reason my recommender got delayed was with all this Lehman fiasco going on at work, he hardly had anytime to finish it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
neelesh wrote:
Folks,

I have applied to the Spring 2009 Part-time program at NYU. While all components of my application were submitted on time one of my recommendation provider missed the deadline and was a day late. Is this a big deal ? Does this mean that my application is going to be rejected/wait-listed ?

I sent an email to the adcom folks, asking for a couple of days of extension on my recommendation and this is what they wrote :

"Thank you for your message. To meet the deadline, the recommendations needed to be submitted by September 15th. If not, admissions will be on a space available basis."

What does this mean ?

Can someone who is more experienced and has been through the process please shed any insights into this.
The only reason my recommender got delayed was with all this Lehman fiasco going on at work, he hardly had anytime to finish it.

Neelesh,

I don't think it will be an issue at all.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60