Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:01 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Re: NYU(Stern) out of the top 10 [#permalink]
jmr71483 wrote:
In general, I think it takes several years to truly shift a school's reputation and quality. That being said, I am not the least bit familar with any school's rankings prior to last year. If the rankings didn't get mixed up a little bit each year, the magazine wouldn't sell!

True. The rankings are going to change a little bit at the top every year, and often, some school will jump up 10-20 spots in the mid 60's to top 50 range.

I'm actually more interested in the law school rankings because law school has taken quite a few shots over the past couple years for being a grad school education bubble and the scam bloggers really have become mainstream., and I wonder if the stats are still so astronomically high for most of the Top 50, both for the GPA and the LSAT. Something has gotta give when the app numbers dropped from 2010 to 2011's incoming classes. The 2012 incoming class, there could be a bigger drop in average stats for most schools. There could be a shake up of some degree at the top as well because of the drop in applications...

As for business school there are fewer students applying too for the MBA at least, but it's nowhere close to what we saw with law school.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Darden, Fuqua, Johnson, Ross, Stern and Yale SOM will all take turns taking the 10th spot in the rankings. Although there will be times when one or two from this group will sneak into the top nine, most rankings will have them in the top 10-15 for years to come.

With that said, it is interesting that, as far as I remember, the last few rankings that have come out have had Stern in 13th-15th instead of 10th-12th. I wonder if Yale's proximity to New York City and Cornell finally getting a chance to have a building in the city will affect NYU's ranking in the long term.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot