Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 04:43 It is currently 03 May 2024, 04:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Re: UCONN vs Babson PT MBA Decision Assistance [#permalink]
I'm not particularly familiar with UConn and Babson, and I'm not even from New England. But my gut is telling me that Babson is better than UConn overall, but UConn has a larger alumni base, and a much more active one too, at least in large part due to the fact that the women's basketball and men's basketball teams are elite powers, esp. the women's team. however, the UConn PT program according to their website is in Hartford, Stamford, and Waterbury, which aren't closer to Boston, which is where I assume you are closer to. So if you are a great networker, etc., UConn looks like a good choice.

If you live closer to Boston than Hartford, I would strongly consider Boston College (I even got solicitations from them a month ago but I'm in DC so no point applying there). It also has a large and active network like UConn does, and is an overall better program than UConn and Babson, minus entrepeneurship. If your employer is willing to pay for your MBA, then I would think that they would be willing to pay for Boston College as well, unless the CEO at your company is from UConn and is bitter about BC's departure to the ACC perhaps. but that is a very petty reason for not footing some of the bill at one of the best regional programs in New England (I know HBS and MIT are there, but they are more national).
GMAT Club Bot
Re: UCONN vs Babson PT MBA Decision Assistance [#permalink]