Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 84 [2]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.66
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
LadyRoadWarrior wrote:
mpg2011 wrote:
I want to provide my insight into sooner vs. later. It's only my opinion, so bear with me.

Booth's process is very transparent and there was an article about it on Poets and Quants. Two people read your file and both have to agree. If one doesn't, than the file goes through a third person to decide.

Therefore, IMO, the people who receive the invites in the later days are the ones who needed to be further evaluated.

With that said, I have heard NUMEROUS cases in which the candidates who needed to be 'further' evaluated ended up being very interesting to the adcom post interview and even got in with scholarships. Whereas, some candidates that seemed to have no red flags ended up coming flat and getting dinged.

So in the end, you never know. I just don't think the interview invite process is 100% random.

MPG - I think this is a highly likely scenario and my anecdotal/personal evidence supports it. Though I would probably switch your "red flags" comment to "fit" :P

My profile is a less clear match for Booth than it is for the other schools I have applied to. In those other cases, I received my interview invites very quickly, whereas for Booth I had to wait until the bitter end. I think it's likely that I needed the third evaluator.

In any case, best of luck to those who are yet to interview, and for those waiting - HANG ON - it's so close now.

I agree Lady! Not red flag, but fit.

With that said and if our scenario pans out, you sparked an interest to Booth and may end up admitted with a scholly down the line!!

If you do end up getting the invite, I think you are as good to go, or better than everybody else. Considering they REALLY evaluated you and want to get to know you better.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Booth decided to find send a chat invite. Bad timing. Arrghhhh !!

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by Rosser on 14 Feb 2012, 06:47.
Last edited by Rosser on 14 Feb 2012, 07:16, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Finally got my invite 4:50 CT yesterday. I had lost hope :)

Hang in there everyone

nath99
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I'm prepping for R3, but just had a chat with someone that got into a top-tier program and they advised me to wait it out for another year before I apply. I feel totally thrown off track now. And there doesn't seem to be much stats on R3 admits available. Anyone have any feedback with respect to this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Send PM
kdn wrote:
I'm prepping for R3, but just had a chat with someone that got into a top-tier program and they advised me to wait it out for another year before I apply. I feel totally thrown off track now. And there doesn't seem to be much stats on R3 admits available. Anyone have any feedback with respect to this?

R3 is definitely viewed as more difficult than R1 and R2, but having said that, I know a guy who got in to Booth in R3 last year with a full-ride. That's just anecdotal evidence, but I hope it provides a counterpoint to what you've heard from others.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
mpg2011 wrote:
I want to provide my insight into sooner vs. later. It's only my opinion, so bear with me.

Booth's process is very transparent and there was an article about it on Poets and Quants. Two people read your file and both have to agree. If one doesn't, than the file goes through a third person to decide.

Therefore, IMO, the people who receive the invites in the later days are the ones who needed to be further evaluated.

With that said, I have heard NUMEROUS cases in which the candidates who needed to be 'further' evaluated ended up being very interesting to the adcom post interview and even got in with scholarships. Whereas, some candidates that seemed to have no red flags ended up coming flat and getting dinged.

So in the end, you never know. I just don't think the interview invite process is 100% random.

I don't know, mpg. I definitely have a few flaws in my profile and Booth is not the obvious fit for my background and career goals. However, I was invited on the first day. I know there are multiple reads of an application, but I don't think it means that your app sailed through if you were invited early. I wouldn't be surprised if my app needed a 3rd review but if it was one of the first ones read then it got through the process a bit sooner.

I don't know how comfortable I feel about inferring anything about the quality of application or how it's viewed by Booth based on the timing of the invite.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
thinking on applying round 3,,,any feedback regarding acceptance rates??
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Any invites today ?
I was on the Booth consulting & strategy chat today and the Ad-com staff said that all invites would be done by COB tomorrow and anyone not getting an invite should consider it as a ding. No ding emails would be sent out separately.
Now I'm nervous. Just 3 more invite timeframes left - today evening, tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Delayed post - got an invite Feb 10th, 11:50EST.

Good Luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
mpg2011 wrote:

The admissions committee has to review thousands of applications during each round- not hundreds, thousands. It's crazy to think that you might be a "fringe" candidate just because you received your interview invitation later in the process. I think it's much more likely that your application was simply near the end of the line! Why is that hard to believe?

Moreover, who's to say that the third "decision" person would stall the process in any meaningful way? Maybe these "third opinion" applications are the first that they review each morning- we simply don't know.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
mpg2011 wrote:

Booth's post-submit process is detailed here - calling-all-2012-chicago-booth-fall-applicants-116701-800.html#p1003705
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ding! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
day of Ding....I m the first one to get....it seems..... :shock:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V40 GMAT 2: 730  Q50  V39
WE 1: 3 years IT+Telecom
WE 2: 2 years Analytics + Consulting
Send PM
did you guys receive an email about the DING?
Aringo Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Mannn,

Still no hearing, I suppose I'm heading towards a ding...

My submission on the 3rd of January could be the only reason why it took so long...

Yeah, I am still hopefull :roll:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Research (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Booth accepts recommendation letters until one week after the deadline. Does that mean they started reviewing applications after 11 Jan?

One of my recommendations was submitted on Jan 7th. I am hoping that's the reason why I haven't yet got the invite yet... I know it's wishful thinking but I am trying very hard to be positive! :|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Thanks bizschoolprep.

So here are the quotes from the admin director:

Quote:
Each of these Admissions Fellows reports up to an admissions director who does his or her own read of the application, independently, after which he or she also votes whether or not to interview. If there is a a match, the candidate is invited to interview, otherwise the application will then come to me for a third review.

and

Quote:
The application reading process may be a little random so do not try too hard to find a coorelation between the submitted date to the interview invite date with that of your friend.

Well, I agree it may be a little random.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  83   84   85   86   87  ...  117   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts