Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 09:08 It is currently 02 May 2024, 09:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Simon (A)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
rwbaut wrote:
Thanks for the feedback Linda. I do have some volunteer experience, tax preparation and academic tutoring for low-income Asian families in my community. Among the schools you mentioned, which ones would you consider as my reach schools, target schools and back-up schools? Thanks again, and I really appreciate your help.

Cornell, Georgetown, UNC, NYU, UT, Duke and UCLA

I would say the reach schools are NYU, Duke and UCLA. The competitive schools are Cornell, Georgetown, and UNC. I might be being somewhat conservative here because while your academic stats are very competitive at even the stretch schools, I didn't sense much leadership in your post and initially there were no extra-curricular activities. Again, if you can boost the leadership (or if you have it and I just don't see it in your brief post), you would be much more competitive at all the programs.

You might be interested in a webinar we are having in a few weeks. We haven't even started publicizing it yet. "The Smart Timeline for 2013 MBA Applicants" will be held on March 14 at 10 AM PT/1 PM ET. It's free, and it will cover a suggested timeline to prepare for a round 1 2013 application.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback, and I will surely attend the webinar! About "back-up/safety" schools, which would you recommend given my background and post-MBA career goal?
Send PM
Expert Reply
rwbaut wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, and I will surely attend the webinar! About "back-up/safety" schools, which would you recommend given my background and post-MBA career goal?

For you, Georgetown, UNC, and UT would probably be your back-up schools.

Thanks for joining us at the webinar!

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot