Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 17:15 It is currently 06 May 2024, 17:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Stacy Blackman Consulting Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 175 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Dhruvgupta89,

With regards to which schools to apply to, I want to emphasize that the location where you attend a program will have a large impact on your experience. As an example, although Columbia and NYU have world-wide networks, students will always be drawn to finance and consulting due to the proximity to New York City. If you know there are certain industries you are more interested in, you should look at the location where that industry is located (Ex: Entertainment and Los Angeles, Technology and Silicon Valley, etc.). It's just as important to know which industries you are not interested in as it is to know which industries you do want to pursue.

For your application, your numbers certainly indicate that you have the intellect and focus to thrive in a top tier MBA program. Nothing about his story makes me think there is any reason why you cannot be admitted, but nothing stands out telling me why you should be accepted into a top program. All of the reasons why a top program would admit you are in the details of your work experience, personal experiences, personality, values and overall story.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you for the prompt reply.

I will be building on the details around work experience, personal experience and goals over the next few months. I have a bit of time before application deadlines come around, so will spend as much time as possible in building my candidature. I am relieved to see that you see potential in the application, and that the numbers are in place for a run at good schools.

Last thing, in the time frame (I want to apply for Fall 2013) that I have, how many schools can I apply to? I've read about people applying to 5-6 programmes, is it possible to apply to more (say 8)? The thought process here is, I'm not desperate to get into an MBA in fall 2013, and can push it out to 2014 to pick up more experience. I understand that this year is a bit too early in terms of age and experience, so I am only going for the top schools in the country. Filling out a few more forms gives me a chance to earn some interview calls, and hopefully places me in a better position if I need another go at it.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Dhruvgupta89,

With regards to how many schools you should apply to, it depends on the individual. If you do decide to apply to 6-8 schools, we recommend you apply among multiple rounds. As an example, select 3 schools to apply to in the 1st round, and 3 additional schools to apply to in the 2nd round.

Best,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
GMAT Club Bot