Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 15:20 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 15:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 314 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 182 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.69
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: 3 Weeks to Exam... and got a SIX on Quant in Practice Test [#permalink]
actressinpink wrote:
Also, it is worth noting that I downloaded the software TODAY, and I was under the impression that any bugs in the software had been fixed as of April 5th.

I thought I read somewhere on here that the new download has been marking things wrong like crazy. Have you gone over your results? I know it used to mark every Integrated Reasoning question wrong, but I thought it's been happening to people's quant scores too
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
The math score seems entirely too low. Even if we remember that one's score depends more on the difficulty level of the correctly answered questions than on the actual number, a 6Q due to 15 wrong answers feels way off. That score seems doubly suspicious after you mentioned your previous score of 700 and other members on this thread commenting on some bugs in the new test version.

For now, treat it as a fluke and don't freak out. Just review your incorrect answer choices and then move on.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement!

I contacted GMAC about this issue and after a lot of correspondence, they determined that the new software does still have some bugs. (obviously!)

They also told me my correct scores though, which are a Q40 and V37. They then told me that my correct total score is 540. Call me crazy... but that STILL seems low for my individual scores. I emailed customer service and asked to verify that score... maybe this was a typo?

Anyway, thanks again for your help and hopefully GMAC fixes all of the bugs in the software soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Hello. If you've had a lot of preparation, I would still be on the optimistic side. The purpose of the practice exams (depends on how you see it) is more so to help us prepare under similar conditions, and is not meant to tell you how you'll do on the real exam.

On a focus group as this, we're surrounded by great and inspiring stories and a "dismal" score can sometimes be discouraging. However, it means that we have a decent concept of the information. By narrowing our focus to our weaknesses perhaps we can identify some areas that can drastically affect our score! If it bothers you that much, you're only 3-4 hours away from finding out another score. Regardless of what that score is i think it'll benefit you if you haven't already to spend these last couple weeks targeting areas that you're scoring low in. Let us know how you do!!!! Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
11 days to go, and the GMAC did confirm with me that that is my actual score (540). I took an MGMAT practice test over the weekend and scored a 680. Maybe it's simply pre-test jitters, but I'm just worried that the GMAC changed their scoring algorithm or something. There shouldn't be a 140 point difference in the scores, in my opinion.
GMAT Club Bot