Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 22:42 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Status:Accepting donations for the mohater MBA debt repayment fund
Own Kudos [?]: 1148 [1]
Given Kudos: 234
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
threestripes wrote:
Although I'm going elsewhere, I will always have a soft spot for Ross.

Stop Sucking up to us! You made your decision now move on! :-D

threestripes wrote:
P.S. explorer21, I will stop crashing the events already. :P

About the NYC Event, I never told you but when you told me the path (or whatever public transportation system you used to get home) was nowhere near Port Authority. Port Authority was at 42 and 7th and you took me way past that!

You earned yourself an enemy that night my friend!! Haha while I'll never ask you for directions, you are always welcome! Nice to meet you. Good luck with Fuqua and good luck pronouncing it when people ask you where you went to school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 2.86
Send PM
explorer21 wrote:

About the NYC Event, I never told you but when you told me the path (or whatever public transportation system you used to get home) was nowhere near Port Authority. Port Authority was at 42 and 7th and you took me way past that!

Didn't realize there were other gmatclubbers at the NYC event...

When is everyone going up to GBR? I'm flying in during the afternoon on Wednesday.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cunit2k5 wrote:

When is everyone going up to GBR? I'm flying in during the afternoon on Wednesday.

Didn't do a good job of letting others know we would be there. I guess there are too many other ways already with the google group and facebook.

My name is Dan V (everyone at the NYC event said "oh your the guy who posts all the time"... great to be known for that I suppose) and I'll be up Wednesday night. Driving 10 hours from Philadelphia.

We can try to meet up there though.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
explorer21 wrote:
threestripes wrote:
Although I'm going elsewhere, I will always have a soft spot for Ross.

Stop Sucking up to us! You made your decision now move on! :-D

threestripes wrote:
P.S. explorer21, I will stop crashing the events already. :P

You earned yourself an enemy that night my friend!! Haha while I'll never ask you for directions, you are always welcome! Nice to meet you. Good luck with Fuqua and good luck pronouncing it when people ask you where you went to school.

Hahaha. I'm not sucking up. I really do love Ross. I thought we had a deal that you'd be hooking me up with a ticket to a game when I come visit. Speaking of your school, when is your avatar going to change for good anyway? :P

Can't we at least be frienemies? Haha. I thought you said you were going to Penn Station! Or maybe you were too busy busting my chops to realize that I asked you if you were going to Penn Station or Port Authority. :lol:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
threestripes wrote:

Hahaha. I'm not sucking up. I really do love Ross. I thought we had a deal that you'd be hooking me up with a ticket to a game when I come visit. Speaking of your school, when is your avatar going to change for good anyway? :P

Can't we at least be frienemies? Haha. I thought you said you were going to Penn Station! Or maybe you were too busy busting my chops to realize that I asked you if you were going to Penn Station or Port Authority. :lol:

hahaha I'm kidding about sucking up. Who knows what i was babbling about that night. I probably did say Penn Station. The offer still stands yes. You are still Blue at Duke even if it is a devil. So you can scream go Blue without any compromising any allegiances.

As you can tell I am heavily leaning towards Ross. I will decide after this weekend (hopefully) because it is both GBR and Welcome Weekend (Tepper's Admit weekend).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Other, Other
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I've just been invited to interview at Ross after being waitlisted in R2. I really liked Ross since the beginning of my application process. Although, their policy of not supporting international student loans would be a major issue for me. I was wondering if any international admitted student can shed some light on the issue.. Is there a way around it? Or shall I simply decline the offer to interview as I have been accepted in two other schools.?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Veranna wrote:
Hi Guys,
I've just been invited to interview at Ross after being waitlisted in R2. I really liked Ross since the beginning of my application process. Although, their policy of not supporting international student loans would be a major issue for me. I was wondering if any international admitted student can shed some light on the issue.. Is there a way around it? Or shall I simply decline the offer to interview as I have been accepted in two other schools.?

Ther eis no option for loan for international applicants through ROSS. Personally, I checked with 10-12 banks and they can provide loans to international applicants. But there is a BIG condition: they need a US cosigner(Permanent Resident or Citizen) for sanction the lona, the amount does not matter. The only option left is to check for sources in your homeland.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
cunit2k5 wrote:
explorer21 wrote:

cunit2k5, explorer21 and I didn't plan on meeting there. I just figured out that he's the same guy who posted on the Facebook group that he's torn between Ross and Tepper. I approached him when I saw his name tag and introduced myself as threestripes.

explorer21, I knew there was no love lost between us even though I unintentionally led you to the wrong terminal! Have fun at GBR! It's a shame Thursday Night Lights probably won't happen anymore.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Other, Other
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
dbanerj wrote:
Veranna wrote:
Hi Guys,

Ther eis no option for loan for international applicants through ROSS. Personally, I checked with 10-12 banks and they can provide loans to international applicants. But there is a BIG condition: they need a US cosigner(Permanent Resident or Citizen) for sanction the lona, the amount does not matter. The only option left is to check for sources in your homeland.

Thanks a lot, dbanerj. Finding a co-signer would be near to impossible for me. Unfortunately, it appears that I'll have to decline the Ross interview offer.
Anyway, good luck to all the admitted students!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Can anyone who was at GBR give a run down as to how it went?? I wasn't able to make it due to work constraints, but still want to hear about what people thought of it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
msbroker wrote:
Can anyone who was at GBR give a run down as to how it went?? I wasn't able to make it due to work constraints, but still want to hear about what people thought of it.

I think most people enjoyed it. It was fun and there were a lot of activities going on throughout the day. We ate in the Big house (football Stadium) and even got to walk through the locker room, tunnel, and onto the field.

Every night there was an opportunity to go out and partake in tomfoolery with some pretty cool people. Everyone I met was genuinely friendly and interested in meeting others. People were accomplishment and interesting but no one was posturing or trying to sound like they were the greatest thing since sliced bread (there might be a few of those but 90-99% of the people didn't).

I was 90% sure I would attend when I went to GBR. At GBR, I drank the kool-aid and I liked it so now I'm 100% committed (as soon as I plunk down the deposit).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback! I also couldn't make it and would love to hear about peoples' experiences.

I am sure that you heard about a lot of Ross resources. Anything in particular that was new and exciting? Also I am leaning heavily towards Ross, so I am sorry I didn't make it to GBR, but would you recommend anything that we could do to sort of "catch up" on info that we didn't get? Hope that makes sense!

explorer21 wrote:
msbroker wrote:

I think most people enjoyed it. It was fun and there were a lot of activities going on throughout the day. We ate in the Big house (football Stadium) and even got to walk through the locker room, tunnel, and onto the field.

Every night there was an opportunity to go out and partake in tomfoolery with some pretty cool people. Everyone I met was genuinely friendly and interested in meeting others. People were accomplishment and interesting but no one was posturing or trying to sound like they were the greatest thing since sliced bread (there might be a few of those but 90-99% of the people didn't).

I was 90% sure I would attend when I went to GBR. At GBR, I drank the kool-aid and I liked it so now I'm 100% committed (as soon as I plunk down the deposit).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Makingbones wrote:
Thanks for the feedback! I also couldn't make it and would love to hear about peoples' experiences.

I am sure that you heard about a lot of Ross resources. Anything in particular that was new and exciting? Also I am leaning heavily towards Ross, so I am sorry I didn't make it to GBR, but would you recommend anything that we could do to sort of "catch up" on info that we didn't get? Hope that makes sense!

It was fun but they lay it on THICK, which is to be expected during a sell weekend. Lots of "show me how you're feeling by a round of applause" and "go blue" stuff, which personally got a little tiring by the end. It was a great experience overall, though, and really from a school perspective there was probably no new information that you have missed to this point. I was most interested in meeting my future classmates and current 1st years it seemed like a fun group.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
go blue!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
JaneKing wrote:
go blue!

cute.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
msbroker wrote:

There were some bits that I found informative (really enjoyed the strategy professor's mini-class; the panels were good), but I don't think that anything was 'revealed' to GBR attendees that cannot be found in the admit package or on the web. What I found really valuable was all of the time spent at social events with admits and current students. I walked away pretty pleased with the community.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
thugly921 wrote:
It was fun but they lay it on THICK, which is to be expected during a sell weekend. Lots of "show me how you're feeling by a round of applause" and "go blue" stuff, which personally got a little tiring by the end. It was a great experience overall, though, and really from a school perspective there was probably no new information that you have missed to this point. I was most interested in meeting my future classmates and current 1st years it seemed like a fun group.

agreed. It did get old by the end. Your dead on. Most people know what resources are available. Nothing earth-shattering but it was interesting to hear about MAP and other things I am interested firsthand. I was also most interested in future classmates the most and MBA1s.

I was going back and forth on schools for a while (3 months) and finally decided which brought on a huge wave of excitement, relief, and enthusiasm so I am probably more biased and excited than Thugly is since he/she is still deciding between some great schools.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts