Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi everyone,

I'm finishing up my penultimate year at my university and I was wondering if I can get some feedback about my chances for getting an offer for LBS MiM. Here's my profile:

GPA: 3.83/4.00 after 6 semesters at small semi-selective school in U.S.
Degrees: BBA in Finance & Bachelor of Accountancy
GMAT: I have not taken it yet, but I'm getting 680-700 on practice tests.
Internship: 9 months at boutique private equity firm

In the fall I'm going to apply to Masters programs at LBS, LSE, and HEC Paris. Do I have a shot at any of these? Many thanks for your feedback!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys, just finished my interview with an alumni on 11 May. Does anyone know how long will it take for them to get back to me? Thanks =)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mine came as long as my interviewer sent the form. However, interviewers have 2 weeks to send the form.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
If you had an interview at lbs its should take a week. If you had it via Skype or at another country it would take 2 or 3 weeks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Dear dawnunder and realfancy

How was the interview? Would you mind sharing your interview experience? My interview is scheduled next week and i'm so nervous. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. x
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Rejected. Oh well I gues it's off to LSE for me. A few things to say. If ur goal is banking... Don't tell them. This year only 20% got a banking job. Also if your non-euro your chances are slim to none. Out of all the Asian candidates I talked with none have been able to secure a position in the UK. 60% so far for people with an offer (whole program). Out of the Asian two are working in banking, but in China and they're working with local funds. If your German and want to work for big 3 consulting then your chances are decent. Most of the applicants got a job in Germany and Italy.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey guys, I am interested in applying for LBS MIM program and I have started my GMAT preparation since 2 months and I am planing to give the exam in Aug 2012. Can you please tell me the average GMAT score that is most preferably required while applying..??

In the course website i have seen 684 approx...but i wanted to listen from you guys...so please help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:LBS
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys,

I'm a graduate of the MiM program at LBS (class of 2011). Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about the course. And I'm not sure what this nonsense about needing to be wary of Lisa Mortini is, but she's really cool. If you want to come to LBS, you need to know what you have to offer and why you want to come here, but any interviewer will ask you those things. No need to be extra wary of Lisa :-)

For all the admits, welcome to the LBS family. Everyone else, good luck with your applications!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
do not focus entirely on your GMAT. Mine was extremely low. However, I had many other things to offer and I got accepted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
akshay90112 wrote:
hello everyone....i am also applying this september.....i am doing bachelor of commerce from the University Of Delhi and have an average of 70% which is quite a decent score with respect to the marks given by the institution.....i have participated a lot in various societies and clubs in my college....planning to give gmat soon and possibly sure of getting 680 or so.....a major drawback regarding my profile is that i have not done any internship.....will that affect my applicattion a great deal ?? :roll: ...
Friends please throw some light over the issue..... :) :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got GMAT 620 and I have just received an offer.

For LBS, their class average is 685, with the range 600-780. They suggested a score of 700 is seen as competitive.
Anyway I applied 4th July, I was then offered an interview on 24th July. And today 30th July now I have just received an offer.
I agree with many who said GMAT is only a part, I would say it accounts for 10% of everything they consider.
If I were to suggest anything, if you get anything above 680, don't worry about retaking. Instead, spend more time on researching and putting together your application essays.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys. I am keen on the Masters in Management programme scheduled to begin in Sept 2014. I have done my Bachelor of Commerce from H.R college ( University of Mumbai ) and scored 86% ( which is quite good ). Also i am completing part 1 of Masters in Commerce to get 16 years of education ( required for Imperial ). Also i am a Chartered Accountant having cleared all my exams in the first attempt. The Chartered Accountancy course has a compulsory 3 year articleship/internship as a part of the academic course which i had undertaken for 3 years with Deloitte which basically means i have interned for 3 years ( not sure if this qualifies as work exp ). Also , i was a director in the Rotaract Club of Bombay Hill South where i was awarded with the best creative director award for the year 2009 - 2010. In my opinion i also have a very good record of co-curricular activities. I have just started with my GMAT class. Just wanted to know when is it the best time to apply and what score should i roughly be looking at to compliment by profile to get me in. Also with the profile that i have what are my chances of getting accepted if my GMAT scores turn out to be good.Also , Is imperial a better option ? FT rankings say so. Just wanted a heads up guys. Hoping for a reply from someone looking at MiM 2014 or an alumni. Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
--double post--

Originally posted by lowgpa101 on 12 Aug 2013, 09:26.
Last edited by lowgpa101 on 12 Aug 2013, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wanted to get my profile reviewed for the MiM/MMS/MSc Management programs out there.

Ill state all that I can in bullets for now.

I want to apply to :
1. Duke
2. UV M Comm
3. LBS
4. LSE
5. HEC Paris
6. CEMS ( Confused every mediocre student )
7. Imperial College

As you can notice Im going for the brand here and Im sure that the placements they have are better than what my college does.
I am looking to stay in the US/UK with my job for a few years before pursuing an ExecMBA/PhD depending on where I want to place myself.
Money -- Willing to take up a loan of upto 80 lacs.

Profile:

Indian National
BE Comp Sci from Manipal University
Graduating in 2014 July. Expected CGPA of 7+

Experience :
Internship with Ernst&Young ( Management Consulting arm - 2 months )
Two Startups cofounded. Both Pvt Ltd now. Not so impressive balance sheets
IT Sector & Manufacturing (3D Printers). Have had decent clientele.
Active in this sphere for 2 years now.

Founding member of a Not for profit trust chaired by Ex Alcatel Asia CEO.

Have my 8th semester internship left. Can be a research or industry based one as well.
Plan to apply once I have completed. Will pursue other interests / job for a year till the results are out.

I want to be a management consultant ( read pseudo intellectual at McKinsey )

LORs not an issue. Lot of people love me.

GMAT : Will apply only after I cross 720.

Big question :
Can I Make it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
^ You'll definitely get into one of those schools at least..

I got on with A LOT less. But I am British and that helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

would you know if LBS admits applicants with a little lower than the minimum requirement GPA of 2.1? or are they very straight forward about this that if you don't meet the 2.1 then you are out?

thanks
Sandy

ryanmhyung wrote:
I got GMAT 620 and I have just received an offer.

For LBS, their class average is 685, with the range 600-780. They suggested a score of 700 is seen as competitive.
Anyway I applied 4th July, I was then offered an interview on 24th July. And today 30th July now I have just received an offer.
I agree with many who said GMAT is only a part, I would say it accounts for 10% of everything they consider.
If I were to suggest anything, if you get anything above 680, don't worry about retaking. Instead, spend more time on researching and putting together your application essays.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
The London Business School (LBS) Maters in Management interviews are usually one on one and are taken by an alumni of the school. One thing to keep in mind is that alumni’s are looking for students who firstly, fit the stringent criteria of LBS and secondly, who will tend to be great networking partners in the near future. Someone who they won’t mind meeting on weekends for a chat and who have the characteristics to prosper in the environment of LBS & the corporate world.

It is easy to forget in your nervousness that these alumni’s were students themselves sometimes back, and hence perfectly know how you must be feeling. They will be usually less critical of your faults so we suggest don’t be nervous, smile at them, make good eye contact and have an open and frank conversation with them.

Most of the LBS interviews are more of long chats, with the interviewer asking a few key questions and the interviewee answering them in depth. Also these interviews tend to have a number of competency based questions, such as the ones listed below.

So, what kind of questions are asked in a LBS interview??

Here are some questions from an interview of one of our clients:

-So tell me about yourself.
-Why choose LBS?
-Which other colleges are you aiming for?
-How do you think LBS will help you attain your goals
-What are you passionate about?
-Give me some examples of how you have followed you passion
-I read that you have mentioned education quite a few times in your essays, what are your opinions about this industry in your country.
-Tell me about an incident where you led a group of people and what you learnt from it
-What would you do, if you were in a group at LBS where each person is from a different nationality and a different undergrad major? How would you handle them if you were the leader of the group? Especially if the subject is something you aren't familiar with?
-Tell me how will you contribute to your school and your peers?
-Any questions for me?

The interviewer was really nice and friendly, and even remarked that the interviewee will do really well at LBS, if she is selected.

Verdict
She received the acceptance letter in 2 weeks’ time, and was super happy about it!

-This interview was copied from our site https://www.mim-essay.com/lbs-mim-interview-questions/ Check us out, we have much more information about how to excel the interview round & ace the whole application process!

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 14 Jun 2015, 08:27.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 04 Nov 2019, 06:50, edited 5 times in total.
GMAT Club Bot
LONDON BUSINESS SCHOOL - MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT 2013 [#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts