Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:19 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Gebruikt steigerhout is supersterk en een prachtige houtsoort om meubelen van te maken. Na het schuren en reinigen zijn de steigerhouten
planken als nieuw en perfect om robuuste meubels van te maken. Sanders Woodworks heeft jarenlange ervaring in het reinigen en bewerken van steigerhouten planken
en u zult versteld staan van ons vakmanschap!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Sustainability
GPA: 3.64
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi,

My background consists of 5 years in the US military followed by 5 years in the DDC and SaaS sales and engineering industry. I have had a diverse set of experiences in my life and I believe that will lend itself to being a competitive advantage on my applications. I am targeting Kelly School of Business for the Spring 2013 start. I had considered the MBA@UNC program but it was around 98k where as I can leave the Kelly school of business owing around 12k after my GI bill and company tuition reimbursement. My target score based on the feedback here and the Kelly website needs to be around 680-700. I have yet to take the GMAT and I have yet to take a practice exam so I am unsure how close/far I am from my target.

-Phil
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I am new to this group and I have encountered a gmat dilemma. I had already given my gmat in February and scored 590. Plus, I did a blunder of choosing the program of EMBA when I had my chance of entering the five colleges of my choice instead of full time MBA. Now I am planning to give GMAT again., but I am a little bit confused as to whether I should go for the previous score or give the GMAT again? Will I be able to get good universities for 590? Please reply soon...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Sustainability
GPA: 3.64
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
sonsid wrote:
Hello,

I am new to this group and I have encountered a gmat dilemma. I had already given my gmat in February and scored 590. Plus, I did a blunder of choosing the program of EMBA when I had my chance of entering the five colleges of my choice instead of full time MBA. Now I am planning to give GMAT again., but I am a little bit confused as to whether I should go for the previous score or give the GMAT again? Will I be able to get good universities for 590? Please reply soon...

Sonsid,

For me the quant is the part of the exam I seem to be struggling with. I would ask what your nationality is? It seems from your writing style that English is not your primary language. If that is the case I would also ask what your verbal score was. From the "lurking' I have done on these forums I have seen the reoccurring theme that improving your verbal score has a substantial impact on your total GMAT score.

I hope these observations are helpful. I would also ask what you are doing from a planning perspective.

-Phil
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
My name is Zeel and I am a student of Engineering. I want to do an MS in General Management which is why I have taken a date on the 21st of August to give my GMAT. I am hoping to score a 750. I don't have any real wrok experience and although it is not a criteria for an MS program it definitely gives you an edge. Since I don't have that I really need to focus on getting a really good GMAT score. I have very little time to prepare now and I don't really know if I am doing enough. I have solved completely the 11th OG and found it pretty solvable. Now that the 13th OG is available I am wondering if I should buy that as well? I am also reading the Manhattan GMAT SC Strategy Guide and I am finding it really helpful. I plan to solve the Kaplan800 as well and give the 6 MGMAT tests. Is there anything else that I am missing that I really should do?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
My name's Alex and I'm planning to write my GMAT within the next 2-3 months and apply to US and UK schools in January. I come from a finance-focused education background (i.e. undergraduate business degree and CFA), with almost 4 years of experience in real estate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Human Resources
GPA: 3.5
WE:Human Resources (Education)
Send PM
Hi,
I have been planning for GMAT for quite some time but just couldn't take it
Now I have started preparing for it and will be taking the test sometime in late September/ early October
Planning for an MBA with strategic management/ hrm and ob concentration
Went through many GMAT forums and found this one to be the best :P

Hope this forum will turn out to be lucky for me :)

Intended plan for MBA: 2013-15
Aiming for an 740+ GMAT
undergrad gpa 3.5 (Dual Degree of BA and Law )
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 11-01-2016
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi - This is Anuj. I'm from Mumbai, India and in to IT just now.

Targetting 7** - let's see how it goes.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,
My name is Ajay and I am currently working as a software preofessional in Pune, India.
I plan to take the GMAT on Sep 1 and preparing for the same since the last two months.
I have another month to go and I'm worried and excited at the same time!

About myself, I am a Telecommunication Engineer and have been working for the last 2 years.
My hobbies include playing the guitar and long distance running apart from reading and playing half a dozen other sports!

I aim to score around 730 atleast on the GMAT but am currently VERY VERY far from it.
I've done a couple of mock tests from Manhattan and realized that I really need to pull up my socks in the verbal section.

I find SC the most challenging followed by CR and RC.

The current resources I use are the OG (12th Ed) and the Manhattan SC book.

Thanks and hoping to have a fruitful last month of studies!
--Ajay
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3049 [0]
Given Kudos: 157
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Send PM
Hi ajay, welcome aboard!! :)

As you will be appearing in the test within next one month, I would suggest that you should emphasise on taking as many CATs as you can. "Concept building and follow up tests" strategy would not work, you would have to learn the pattern recognition strategy and apply that on all the CATs you take in next 30 days.

Best of luck & keep us posted!!! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Husain,

Thanks for your insights.

I have taken 3 tests already from MGMAT and these are my scores -
1) 580
2) 590
3) 610

Will keep you posted on the progress!
:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi All,

My intention of joining this forum is to get expert advise from the experienced lot here as I have taken the GMAT twice, last month and three years back...with disappointing scores! What was most shocking for me was a dismal performance last month, after having prepared for over three months!

Self Analysis: I screwed up both the sections, yet, I am somehow confident on Verbal. With Quant, I have some doubts, and mainly its the lack of being in top form, as I have done well in high school maths, so my basics are not that bad. I am from an engineering background and over 6 years of working experience now.

I would want to take the exam yet again within one month's time and would want to see myself getting not less than 48 in Quant and 38 in verbal!

Honestly, after last month's debacle, i am totally clueless on figuring out what went wrong...my last two GMAT Prep (with IR) had 720 and 710 scores, with 40 in verbal once - no repeated questions from OG or practice!

I am heavily disappointed by my past performances!

Help!

RS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Hi guys,

I am a student from Austria (no kangaroos) and took myself 3 months for completing my bachelors thesis + preparing for GMAT - then i will work before my master studies. A friend recommended GMATclub... read a study plan and some stuff, looks pretty nice to get an overview.

Let's do it! Best regards
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: LBS '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am a Geotechnical (Civil) engineer, with about 6 years of work experience. I completed by undergrad from IIT, India and Masters from Virginia Tech, both in Civil Engineering. I am interested in relocating to Asia – Pacific and my top choice right now is INSEAD, Singapore followed by Indian School of Business. My target score is 750, but truthfully, I will be satisfied enough with 700-740 to not go for a retake.

This forum has helped me tremendously only within a month of my being active. I was very poor in Combinatorics and Probability, but was surprised at how much I improved just by going through the discussions.

Currently I am at 690 (Q 47 V 38), my diagnostic GMATPrep score. I was short on time in each and every section, including AWA and IR :D. My weak areas are SC, CR and inequalities. I also hope to improve my time management skills.

Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GoalStanford wrote:
I would start first.

I have BS in computer science&engineering and am in IT field working in sillicon valley(san jose,ca) past 10 yrs.My goal is to make it to the top biz schools ,Stanford would be my first preferrence.I want to become a techie entrepreneur and an MBA from Stanford would help realize my dream.

My traget score is mid-700's.

How far am I from it? Currently very far away.My strong area is math and weak area is verbal RC. Just started my preperation last week but I believe in my analytical skills and was excellent at math during my school/college days,got good foundation on english grammer from my school days.Coupling this with hardwork, I strongly believe I can make it happen.

it's cool to see you here. Your GMAT goal is ambitious and I believe you can do it.

I am currently working on GMAT too, and my goal is 700+:) I am still not close to it, my weak part is math and I am doing all I can to improve it. Judging by your name, may I ask are you thinking about Standford? If you do, I am thinking that direction too. haha.

By the way, I am siwen, from China, and I am working for EMC.(a storage solution provider based in US.)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
Send PM
Hi all,

I did my Bachelor of Finance degree from the Australian National University. I graduated last year and have been working in a consulting firm. I have been prepping for GMAT on and off for quite a few months and I finally scheduled the test on Sep 2. Getting nervous as I only have some 20 days left. I finished the 8 manhattan guides but then took a break from my GMAT prep. Started brushing up on the material yesterday. I am aiming for 700+ but not feeling very confident at the moment. To get into my top choice I would ideally need a 740. Although I've always been good in maths, I find that in GMAT I am doing better in verbal than in quant. So I am just planning to be as thorough as I can...wish me luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I wanna to download GMAT Integrated Reasoning Questions
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  47   48   49   50   51   52   53  ...  66