Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V610
GPA: 3.77
WE:Research (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Please -- GMAT 720 WE 2+ Good acads [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Aha! You are a self-employed founder!
Of what? And how big? And what successes have you had? And do you have employees? Do you hold patents? Do you have a turnover? Have you gotten seed money?
Because in a situation such as yours, obviously the single most significant fact for the Bschools is the success (or potential success of your firm). If they feel you are a future Jeff Bezos, you could get in everywhere. If they feel that you haven't enough PROOF of success (or potential success) it might weaken your candidacy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Sir,

I have been self employed only for a month now having completed 2 years of service in an automotive electronic company. It is a very small scale venture started with the help of a couple of friends. It is not planned to develop fully as as start-up venture and we don't have any set plans for revenues or employees.

As mentioned in my first post , I am looking at it as a learning exercise to judge my strengths and weaknesses as an entrepreneur and to get an idea about the challenges faced in the Indian market-place. These would help me to understand my areas of improvement so I can focus on them during the course of my MBA.

The plan is to launch a software product based on the target demographic of age 40+ to help them in using the features of computers and other smart devices effectively. For this purpose , we have decided on a launch event for getting feedback from potential customers.It is for this event that we got sponsors in just one month which I considered to be an achievement :oops: and possibly an indicator fro potential success :oops:

Even in case the venture takes off , I still plan to focus on obtaining academic knowledge first and the venture will be carried forward by my friends.

I hope this phase won't be a major factor in my profile as I plan to apply no later than Round 2 for the schools i.e. the total time passed would only be a couple of months.

Regards
Aditya
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Aha... I see now that we are digging a bit deep. I think that your profile is good enough to make you competitive or better at all of the schools on your list. You may even add one more school which is a bit tougher, but has a great Entrepreneur or IT program like Haas, McCombs, Babson.

If you are going to use your entrepreneurial experience for your goals, it will be key that you prove that you are doing stuff and getting places (as much as possible, even if its just a few months). I hope this helps!
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts