Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:59 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.51
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Re: Calling All Consortium 2013 Applicants [#permalink]
Any other Stern applicants via the Consortium going to Diversity Weekend?

Also, I had my interview at Yale on Thursday. Things went pretty well but 30 minutes goes by really quickly. Only suggestions I have for those that haven't had their interview yet is to make sure you have the answer to your leadership example straight. Because of nervousness I stumbled a little bit but I got it together.

Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I got the same Texas McCombs email as well yesterday, I hope it's not a precursor to a ding! They did say that next steps would be mid-February, so the optimistic side of me hopes this just means they haven't looked at them yet.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
kriddick2 wrote:

Also, I had my interview at Yale on Thursday. Things went pretty well but 30 minutes goes by really quickly. Only suggestions I have for those that haven't had their interview yet is to make sure you have the answer to your leadership example straight. Because of nervousness I stumbled a little bit but I got it together.

Good luck to all!

I'll be there. There should be a ton of consortium folks attending.

Do you know when we hear back from Yale? All I've heard is "end of this month"
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Send PM
Gumbymc wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:

Good luck to all!

we should hear later this week (or mid of next week i hope?!) at latest i think.. and heres to Haas sending out some interviews as well :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I am an in-state applicant to Kenan-Flagler who applied via the Consortium. I recently received admission with a full-tuition fellowship. I assume this is not Consortium-based, since it didn't mention anything about the Consortium in the letter. What effect does this have on my chances for a Consortium fellowship from other schools, and from UNC (since the Consortium fellowship likely goes hand-in-hand with membership to the Consortium and its famous networking opportunities...making a Consortium fellowship preferable to a UNC fellowship). UNC was my highest-ranked Consortium school.

I also received a McCombs admit, and am much more interested in attending McCombs (though this is highly dependent on receiving a Consortium fellowship to it). Is there anything I can do at this point to improve my odds at McCombs (based on the news from UNC)? I ranked McCombs below UNC on the Consortium application.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.23
WE:Asset Management (Other)
Send PM
helpmehelpme wrote:
Gumbymc wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:

Good luck to all!

we should hear later this week (or mid of next week i hope?!) at latest i think.. and heres to Haas sending out some interviews as well :D

ok, fingers crossed for everyone.

Did you interview on campus or locally in SP? Are you coming to NYU for this Saturday's event?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
eggsnham wrote:
I am an in-state applicant to Kenan-Flagler who applied via the Consortium. I recently received admission with a full-tuition fellowship. I assume this is not Consortium-based, since it didn't mention anything about the Consortium in the letter. What effect does this have on my chances for a Consortium fellowship from other schools, and from UNC (since the Consortium fellowship likely goes hand-in-hand with membership to the Consortium and its famous networking opportunities...making a Consortium fellowship preferable to a UNC fellowship). UNC was my highest-ranked Consortium school.

I also received a McCombs admit, and am much more interested in attending McCombs (though this is highly dependent on receiving a Consortium fellowship to it). Is there anything I can do at this point to improve my odds at McCombs (based on the news from UNC)? I ranked McCombs below UNC on the Consortium application.

a good way to indicate this would have been to put them above UNC :) but now UNC can say hey well claim you for consortium since theyre higher.. and then the discussion would come down to you trying to convince UT to give you the same even though you didnt rank them above.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
helpmehelpme wrote:
eggsnham wrote:

a good way to indicate this would have been to put them above UNC :) but now UNC can say hey well claim you for consortium since theyre higher.. and then the discussion would come down to you trying to convince UT to give you the same even though you didnt rank them above.

I would have ranked MCombs the highest, but I never thought I would get in to any business school, period! I ranked UNC highest because I figured that as an in-state applicant my [low] chances would be high[est] there. To my surprise, I was admitted to both!

Back to my original question, should I indicate my infatuation for McCombs to them before the Consortium draft in March? If I receive a Consortium fellowship to McCombs, I will go -- 100% sure. There is still a 15-20% chance I will go to McCombs paying sticker (and turn down the UNC fellowship). At this stage in the game, is it worth mentioning to McCombs that I have received funding to UNC, but that McCombs, my dream school, is my #1 choice contingent on the fellowship? Or should I just keep quiet and hope for a fellowship at McCombs?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
eggsnham wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
eggsnham wrote:

I would have ranked MCombs the highest, but I never thought I would get in to any business school, period! I ranked UNC highest because I figured that as an in-state applicant my [low] chances would be high[est] there. To my surprise, I was admitted to both!

Back to my original question, should I indicate my infatuation for McCombs to them before the Consortium draft in March? If I receive a Consortium fellowship to McCombs, I will go -- 100% sure. There is still a 15-20% chance I will go to McCombs paying sticker (and turn down the UNC fellowship). At this stage in the game, is it worth mentioning to McCombs that I have received funding to UNC, but that McCombs, my dream school, is my #1 choice contingent on the fellowship? Or should I just keep quiet and hope for a fellowship at McCombs?

the issue with this is that i believe UNC -- having been ranked your #1 which they saw and they also went ahead and gave you full scholly most likely are going to say 'hey, we gave you our consortium scholarship' not 'hey, we doled out a full ride to you since you said we were #1 but want you to go ahead and have a better chance to accept somewhere else' by not giving you the consortium ride. that full ride is probably going to be them saying that theyre taking you as a first round pick, and therefore it would then be up to mccombs -- if they wanted to match it -- to match it. UNC COULD possibly not give you the consortium ride but it seems like they already did -- in advance -- and in the safety of protecting their own yield they are most likely not going to say 'yeah lets give him a chance for a full ride elsewhere and let two schools offer full rides from consortium'. does that make sense? you would be best to say something like 'well i really loved mccombs and id love to come here and came to this conclusion because of xyz after i submitted, is there any chance you can match?' but i doubt the *fellowship* as so named from the consortium will be coming from mccombs. not sure if you should say its contingent on the scholarship... i had a friend who went to a yale admit weekend ater being accepted with consort scholly @ NYU and he was able to talk to the dean and make the case then as well...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just curious - for all of y'all that got admitted to McCombs, have you had any notification email of a status update - basically, has your status being updated to "Admitted" or something like that? I still have no status updates published for me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Concentration: Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
I checked my Johnson status online and I am in!!!!! R2 applicant
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
golsey wrote:

Congrats...WL here (R2)...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
golsey wrote:

Congrats! I'm in as well!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Has anyone heard anything from NYU recently? I got notification 12 days ago that my application had been forwarded the adcom for review (which I know is on the later side) but still no word about na interview. I called admissions and they said consortium decisions won't be released until April 1, so at least there is still some time I guess.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Just interviewed with Ross on Sunday--anyone know when their decisions are going out?

p.s. Congrats in the admits!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
golsey wrote:

Congratulations!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kawasaki wrote:
Just curious - for all of y'all that got admitted to McCombs, have you had any notification email of a status update - basically, has your status being updated to "Admitted" or something like that? I still have no status updates published for me.

When I log in to GIAC there still is no change but when I go to https://mccombs-utexas-admissions.symplicity.com/ it has a congratulatory message with an option to accept the admissions.

I wonder if accepting before the draft will influence their decision (and if so, would it positively impact my chances?) for me to get the fellowship.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts