Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:49 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Ross (Michigan) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
aerien wrote:
nyama wrote:
I had my interview yesterday friday oncampus. They did a great job matching me with my interviwer. And no, its not a computer that makes the matching. Thanks to the great matching, my interview was a walk in the park. He focused on my resume, bssic questions. I told my story while answerimg the questions. totally different interview, a conversation really, he wanted to know more about me and my plans. he never asked all the staple questions, why mba, why now, why Ross, failure, weakness, etc. no such qns were asked.

At the end, he said that ross is looking for people like me, that he wil write the greatest rec he has ever written on my behalf. Etc. seemed he was more excited about my profile than me. like he became my greatest cheerleader in the space of 45 min. good luck to those still interviewing. on my part, I await news on March 15.

Posted from my mobile device

Somehow I find that part to be a little over the top. Interviewers are supposed tp be neutral -- positive phrases include your first part "[school] is looking for people like [you]", "you've really done your research and thing [school] is a good fit for you", etc. Unless you got really lucky & your interviewer stepped over some lines, I doubt anyone on GC has had a bschool interview that ended with "yes, I'm writing you a positive rec". Just my 2 cents. But regardless, best of luck with your apps. It's in the hands of the adcom now!

aerien, i just reported what happened. In fact, i paraphrased what the interviewer said, he was more emphatic than what i wrote. He had nothing to ask for most things, like, what do you do outside of class, etc, because, my resume, two pages long of many many things, amazing things. i think he could relate, inspired that someone can fight so hard, for so long, for a dream.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools: Ross '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
I really hope that was sarcastic :-D

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
EChopeful12 wrote:

nyama has people thinking that's he's possibly a fake candidate in the booth thread, but probably just someone with no filter and a 'different' point of view/outlook than most.

A review of his posts would suggest he's:
Some sort of UG followed by a Masters in Public Health, a Masters in International Relations (I haven't seen anything about business experience), from an African nation who has applied to: Booth, Ross, Kelly, Owen, WashU and Illinois
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I'm guessing this thread is going to be pretty quiet for the next two and half weeks. Anyone from the previous round have any suggestions on how to get info of the adcom status / progress? The admin blog hasnt been updated in a while : /
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Redtailedhawk wrote:
EChopeful12 wrote:

nyama has people thinking that's he's possibly a fake candidate in the booth thread, but probably just someone with no filter and a 'different' point of view/outlook than most.

A review of his posts would suggest he's:
Some sort of UG followed by a Masters in Public Health, a Masters in International Relations (I haven't seen anything about business experience), from an African nation who has applied to: Booth, Ross, Kelly, Owen, WashU and Illinois

Lol I sincerely hope I don't meet anyone with that sort of self-aggrandizing attitude.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
nyama wrote:
aerien wrote:
nyama wrote:
I had my interview yesterday friday oncampus. They did a great job matching me with my interviwer. And no, its not a computer that makes the matching. Thanks to the great matching, my interview was a walk in the park. He focused on my resume, bssic questions. I told my story while answerimg the questions. totally different interview, a conversation really, he wanted to know more about me and my plans. he never asked all the staple questions, why mba, why now, why Ross, failure, weakness, etc. no such qns were asked.

At the end, he said that ross is looking for people like me, that he wil write the greatest rec he has ever written on my behalf. Etc. seemed he was more excited about my profile than me. like he became my greatest cheerleader in the space of 45 min. good luck to those still interviewing. on my part, I await news on March 15.

Somehow I find that part to be a little over the top. Interviewers are supposed tp be neutral -- positive phrases include your first part "[school] is looking for people like [you]", "you've really done your research and thing [school] is a good fit for you", etc. Unless you got really lucky & your interviewer stepped over some lines, I doubt anyone on GC has had a bschool interview that ended with "yes, I'm writing you a positive rec". Just my 2 cents. But regardless, best of luck with your apps. It's in the hands of the adcom now!

aerien, i just reported what happened. In fact, i paraphrased what the interviewer said, he was more emphatic than what i wrote. He had nothing to ask for most things, like, what do you do outside of class, etc, because, my resume, two pages long of many many things, amazing things. i think he could relate, inspired that someone can fight so hard, for so long, for a dream.

I don't understand why you are applying for an MBA with a resume filled with two pages of epic greatness. Why not apply directly for the CEO position instead?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
he wants to be president of his country. (from the booth thread). he has very grandiose plans, but maybe they'll work out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I think that i'm happy with the waiting...at least one knows the end date. The other schools, they just let you wait in the dark, which is way way uncool. I just wish there was anything one could do to 'improve' the file at this stage. I'm thinking that if i don't get in this first time around, i have one last throw of the dice next year. Anyway, these are just thoughts of someone waiting for their fate. I wish everybody the best.

As an attendum, i thought the ross building was really nice, and they even have free wireless internet for visitors. And the people seemed nice. On my interview day last Friday, while on the second floor, i asked one of the guys for directions to the admission office....and he said, "ah, i know why you are here. You look nervous." I don't remember if i looked nervous...perhaps 9 hrs of battling snow, rain, sleet, while driving through the night to ross would do that to anybody. The guy went out of his way, taking me to the admission office, while urging me to relax. The people at the school seemed genuinely nice.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [1]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
sgrunt wrote:
I'm guessing this thread is going to be pretty quiet for the next two and half weeks. Anyone from the previous round have any suggestions on how to get info of the adcom status / progress? The admin blog hasnt been updated in a while : /

The period between the interview and a decision is IMO the worst part of the process. At this point, there's literally nothing you can do and no more information that can be had. Just sit back and wait for the calls to come out. They usually start a day earlier than the stated date.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [2]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
WE:Engineering (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
method wrote:
sgrunt wrote:

The period between the interview and a decision is IMO the worst part of the process. At this point, there's literally nothing you can do and no more information that can be had. Just sit back and wait for the calls to come out. They usually start a day earlier than the stated date.

Good luck!

Or maybe it's time to dig up that hobby from your resume. Anything to keep that stress in check.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
This really is the worst. I wake up every day and start panicking over what I said/didn't say in my interview.

This process is awful. I just want to give them $100,000 for a shiny degree. Who else do you have to convince to give $100,000 to!?!?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
https://rossblogs.typepad.com/admissions ... sions.html

Soojin Kwon with an updated blog post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Redtailedhawk wrote:
https://rossblogs.typepad.com/admissions/2013/02/at-the-height-of-round-2-decisions.html

Soojin Kwon with an updated blog post

Thanks for the link. Always sweet to hear about what's going on with the files...!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Agreed. based on previous years posts, I think around next Friday there will be a final pre-R2 decision post to let people know when the phone calls will go out
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was combing through 2012 and 2011 threads.

2013 This thread is 32 pages (2 weeks til r2 decisions)
2012 54 pages at the same point
2011 105 pages at the same point

I'm going to check around to see if its a ross thing or an across the board thing. obviously a few chatty posters can make big impacts.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Redtailedhawk wrote:
I was combing through 2012 and 2011 threads.

2013 This thread is 32 pages (2 weeks til r2 decisions)
2012 54 pages at the same point
2011 105 pages at the same point

I'm going to check around to see if its a ross thing or an across the board thing. obviously a few chatty posters can make big impacts.

bb has mentioned that traffic isn't down and that the lower post counts are most likely due to how the board now tracks applicants. Previously, a user had to post in the thread to be manually updated on the roll call, but now it is managed automatically.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Send PM
Probably just a lot of lurkers anxiously awaiting admin decisions.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  73   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts