Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:35 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
contraidentukl wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
contraidentukl wrote:
Are you going to interview on campus?

Does anyone know if Cornell is neutral in its stance on students who interview on vs. off campus? This week is Spring Break and tickets to Ithaca are over $700...

Where are you comming from?

I'd say if you're in the northeast, go. If not, I wouldnt worry too much. Good luck!

I'm in California. I really want to go visit the campus, not only to show that I'm serious, but also because I want to get a feel for the culture.

Hmmm, your call. I agree though, getting a feel for the campus is important, and will really come through in your passion for the school during your interview. I can't say, all things equal, interviewing on campus will help improve your chances, but this seems like a great chance to find out if you could see yourself in Ithaca for 2 years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE:Accounting (Education)
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:

Hmmm, your call. I agree though, getting a feel for the campus is important, and will really come through in your passion for the school during your interview. I can't say, all things equal, interviewing on campus will help improve your chances, but this seems like a great chance to find out if you could see yourself in Ithaca for 2 years.

I found the campus visit to be pivotal for my interviews (and essays). It turned me off from some schools and lit a fire for others. Your talking points will resonate. If it's unfeasible though, talk to as many current students as possible and identify connections to what's important to you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
pgreco86 wrote:
Seen wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
So just as an FYI, I received my invitation for an interview this morning.

Lol, looks like I was completely wrong. Congratulations, Oladipo4!

Congrats on the Interview Invite. Quick Question - What time of day do we believe these interview notifications will be received? Additionally, did you receive the invite via e-mail notification or telephone?

I got mine at around 8:30 AM CST and the notification was by email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
contraidentukl wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
Domestic

Does anyone know if Cornell is neutral in its stance on students who interview on vs. off campus? This week is Spring Break and tickets to Ithaca are over $700...

I think I am going to try to interview on campus. I think it can only help your chances and in my opinion, the website seems to stress the importance of making it to campus.

However, I'm in Houston and if the ticket is over $600 I may reconsider.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I am an Indian and still I didn't get any notification. Does that mean it is a ding or can I wait till 25th of this month??
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Oladipo4 wrote:
contraidentukl wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
Domestic

I think I am going to try to interview on campus. I think it can only help your chances and in my opinion, the website seems to stress the importance of making it to campus.

You should fly to NYC/Philly and drive from there. That's what I did during my class visit. and I am from Houston as well.
Director
Director
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
contraidentukl wrote:

You should fly to NYC/Philly and drive from there. That's what I did during my class visit. and I am from Houston as well.

Oh agreed, flying into Ithaca or even Syracuse or Buffalo is expensive... I'd go to JFK or LGA.
Intern
Intern
Daniel: Shi
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
BMN wrote:
I am an Indian and still I didn't get any notification. Does that mean it is a ding or can I wait till 25th of this month??

Are u applying for AMBA or the 2-yr program?

One of my friends applying for AMBA got an interview invite recently. But her application has been under review bascially since her submission according to her application status.

It's said the competition is more fierce among applicants for the 2-yr program. I'm still waiting for my notification. My status was changed to "under review" just last week so I suppose the adcoms just started processing a new batch of applications. so it may still take the adcoms some time to send out invites. if my friend can get an interview, i think i definitely have a shot....:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
If you fly into NYC, the Campus to Campus bus that runs 3 times daily is convenient and not that expensive ($80 each way I think).
Director
Director
Send PM
ctgmat123 wrote:
If you fly into NYC, the Campus to Campus bus that runs 3 times daily is convenient and not that expensive ($80 each way I think).

Although, for 160... it may be worth renting a car at the airport. It'd be nice to be able to check out the area, unless you plan of visiting NYC on your trip.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 141 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
That's a good point. After the time/cost to get from the airport to Manhattan - assuming you took a taxi - and the bus both ways to and from Ithaca, it would probably negate any costs you saved flying into NYC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
mathsdaniel wrote:
BMN wrote:

One of my friends applying for AMBA got an interview invite recently. But her application has been under review bascially since her submission according to her application status.

It's said the competition is more fierce among applicants for the 2-yr program. I'm still waiting for my notification. My status was changed to "under review" just last week so I suppose the adcoms just started processing a new batch of applications. so it may still take the adcoms some time to send out invites. if my friend can get an interview, i think i definitely have a shot....:)

I am applying for 2-yr pgm. My status too changed a week back to "under review". Don't take me wrong, but if your friend gets it doesn't mean you will get a shot. The reason why I am saying this is I have experience, my friend with less academics(and overall profile) got into Emory but I didn't get an invite too. Looks like, luck too matters :(

I wish all the best for both of us.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying a ticket to Newark which was slightly cheaper and slightly closer to Ithaca than La Guardia. Ended up with a ticket for 375 so even after rental car/gas costs it will be cheaper than flying into ithaca. Plus I likely would have needed to rent a car anyway.

And just an fyi, I was told that the latest you should interview on campus to be considered before the deadline is the 28th and even that is pushing it a bit. I ended up scheduling an interview for the 26th because the students are out for spring break the week before. I figured if I am going to travel all that way then I should get the full experience of a class/tour etc.
Director
Director
Send PM
Oladipo4 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying a ticket to Newark which was slightly cheaper and slightly closer to Ithaca than La Guardia. Ended up with a ticket for 375 so even after rental car/gas costs it will be cheaper than flying into ithaca. Plus I likely would have needed to rent a car anyway.

And just an fyi, I was told that the latest you should interview on campus to be considered before the deadline is the 28th and even that is pushing it a bit. I ended up scheduling an interview for the 26th because the students are out for spring break the week before. I figured if I am going to travel all that way then I should get the full experience of a class/tour etc.

Are there a lot of open spots available to schedule an interview? I think you can get a pretty good estimate of how many people have been invited for an interview.
Intern
Intern
Daniel: Shi
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
BMN wrote:
mathsdaniel wrote:
BMN wrote:

I am applying for 2-yr pgm. My status too changed a week back to "under review". Don't take me wrong, but if your friend gets it doesn't mean you will get a shot. The reason why I am saying this is I have experience, my friend with less academics(and overall profile) got into Emory but I didn't get an invite too. Looks like, luck too matters :(

I wish all the best for both of us.

Does your friend have a GMAT score comparable to yours? I heard from a Johnson alum that adcom send out invites largely based on GMAT but make admission decisions with more pool diversity concerns....

Anyway, wish u good luck! I will keep you informed with my status.
Director
Director
Send PM
I hope that's that case. I heard from a current student that Cornell has been GMAT focused lately, and trying to increase its average score.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
I hope that's that case. I heard from a current student that Cornell has been GMAT focused lately, and trying to increase its average score.

That's discouraging. I don't plan to take that again anytime soon and was hoping other things would be strong deciding factors.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  63   64   65   66   67   68   69  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts