Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:54 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1492 [7]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1492 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 196 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: 640 What a blunder! [#permalink]
cyberjadugar wrote:
arpanpatnaik wrote:
Congratulations on the score cyberjadugar! I am glad you managed to fulfill both of your dreams :) Success stories like these motivate us(the ones who are still on the 640 stage) a lot :) What colleges are you planning to apply?

Regards,
Arpan

Thanks Arpan. I am still seeking advice from others for which b-school to apply. But it would mostly be US schools and ISB.

and all the best for your future endeavours!

Regards,

Thanks cyber! I have my GMAT date set in August. Preping for it as of now :) Lets hope for the best! wish me luck lol

I am sure ISB is quite reachable with ur profile. Also I feel you have a solid chance in many of the top 15 B-Schools. I am sure the consultants here would agree. Hope you get a gr8 college in this cycle :)

Regards,
Arpan
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Got my AWA/IR score today
AWA - 6 (of course, thanks to chineseburned)
IR - 7
:-D :-D :-D
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 634 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi cyberjadugar, congrats on the nice score! Even better with the excellent AWA and IR scores. Thanks for sharing your story with the community. My favorite line was to do the marathon once a week. I often remind students that doing a 3-hour exam is great but doing a 4-hour exam is better, as it more accurately simulates the test-day experience. I know time is a precious resource, but you don't want to train your brain to work well for 3 hours and then relax. Your verbal score will suffer tremendously if you're not mentally focused. It's worth mentioning again, especially for those of us who already struggle a little with the verbal section.

Thanks again!
-Ron
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Operations, Healthcare
GMAT Date: 05-24-2013
GPA: 3.77
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi cyberjadugar,

Congrats on the high score.Summed up with great AWA and IR score.
Can you give some pointers about the Quant section and the IR section please.How did you prepare for it,materials and rest.

Regards
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
VeritasPrepRon wrote:
Hi cyberjadugar, congrats on the nice score! Even better with the excellent AWA and IR scores. Thanks for sharing your story with the community. My favorite line was to do the marathon once a week. I often remind students that doing a 3-hour exam is great but doing a 4-hour exam is better, as it more accurately simulates the test-day experience. I know time is a precious resource, but you don't want to train your brain to work well for 3 hours and then relax. Your verbal score will suffer tremendously if you're not mentally focused. It's worth mentioning again, especially for those of us who already struggle a little with the verbal section.

Thanks again!
-Ron

Thanks Ron,

Indeed, in my first and second attempt, I was too tired to complete the test. So, either I was not stopping to ponder on my final answer choices. During the last few questions, I just waited to finish the exam (regardless of how my performance was going in last 10mins). But this time, I devoted required time per question and I was not at all in hurry to end the exam. :idea:
Sitting through the exam without exhaustion is really important. Your stundents too will sooner or later relaize your advice! :wink:

Regards,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1492 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AdvenofTintin wrote:
Hi cyberjadugar,

Congrats on the high score.Summed up with great AWA and IR score.
Can you give some pointers about the Quant section and the IR section please.How did you prepare for it,materials and rest.

Regards

Hi AdvenofTintn,

Thanks! I had previously prepared for CAT and GRE, so I was pretty much comfortable with Quant section. But you can use the maths guide available on gmatclub forum. Keep checking the questions here, sometimes you may find really innovative answers. You could also use MGMAT quant guide, but that is a little advanced book.

Also I had never ever done all the questions correctly in quant section till date. I found two reasons for this:
1. Concept was not clear - I referred back to the study material to get clarity on the topic.
2. Silly mistake - copying data incorrectly from questions, in DS falling for c trap questions or not considering all the cases.
By rectifying these shortcomings you could also aim for higher score.
PM me if you have any specific query.

Regards,
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts