Last visit was: 06 Jun 2024, 06:56 It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 06:56
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [2]
Given Kudos: 154
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.96
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 640 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Re: 720(Q50 V37) What I was about to do wrong. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi ManuDiCapri, congrats on your score. It's always uplifting when you score better on the actual exam than on any practice test! It's all about stress management and performance under pressure, qualities that will help you in business school and well beyond.

Your technique for RC is certainly curious, but it's good to be able to stay connected to the passage. Many people report feeling lost or disconnected when tedious passages arise, so finding a way to be doing something (anything, really) keeps your brain from wandering too much. I can't say this exact strategy will work well for everyone, but it's certainly a good idea to do something similar to keep your brain engaged.

Best of luck!
-Ron
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VeritasPrepRon wrote:
Hi ManuDiCapri, congrats on your score. It's always uplifting when you score better on the actual exam than on any practice test! It's all about stress management and performance under pressure, qualities that will help you in business school and well beyond.

Your technique for RC is certainly curious, but it's good to be able to stay connected to the passage. Many people report feeling lost or disconnected when tedious passages arise, so finding a way to be doing something (anything, really) keeps your brain from wandering too much. I can't say this exact strategy will work well for everyone, but it's certainly a good idea to do something similar to keep your brain engaged.

Best of luck!
-Ron

Thanx Ron,

It is truely uplifting to achieve more on the test day and I feel I did the right thing by taking a one day break just before the test. I feel it really broadened my perspective towards the tests when I was too much into the nitty- gritties of GMAT.

I agree my RC style might not serve everyone but it started with me writing salient points about each paragraphs, but slowly I felt I was not referring to them but the practice was helping my mind to stay focused. So I end up with this, but I still do write important numbers or years, or even where I feel the main point of the passage is located.

regards,
Aman
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37584 posts