Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 01:57 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
avt247 wrote:
Indians appear to make majority of that wait list. I will interpret that as an indicator/estimator of the overall applicant pool.

bingo
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Quote:
U wudnt want to do that in India..she might jus scream Rape!!!lol

Really ? I know India have big problem with this, but I didn't know causally come up and talk to someone will get you that reaction lol
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Oh, and by the way. I troll through the entire Jan 2013 thread, and they only come up to 45 pages for all 3 round. We are up to 46 just one round lol.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Thanks for the reply Pratik. I called them 4 times but no one is there to answer my query. Anyways, I have written to them and I think its submitted. A bit relieved.

Just made 2 more errors in the form :) Wrong GRE score and uploaded transcript twice !! Anyways, not much concerned about it.

Thank you everyone for the help. All the best to round 1 people.

[/quote]
I had written to them to confirm if they had recieved a complete application and they replied in the affirmative. Recommend you write to them and verify, though if a reciept was generated, your application must have been complete.
Hope that helps[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

[/quote]

U wudnt want to do that in India..she might jus scream Rape!!!lol[/quote]
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
Quote:
U wudnt want to do that in India..she might jus scream Rape!!!lol

Really ? I know India have big problem with this, but I didn't know causally come up and talk to someone will get you that reaction lol

bro i was jus pullin ur leg:)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
Oh, and by the way. I troll through the entire Jan 2013 thread, and they only come up to 45 pages for all 3 round. We are up to 46 just one round lol.

cos of people like us who hv submitted their applications...gone thru the interviews...n are now waiting with bated breath:)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
docks007 wrote:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

U wudnt want to do that in India..she might jus scream Rape!!!lol[/quote][/quote]

bhai..bas masti kar raha tha...no offences to anyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
riseNshine wrote:
ducceus wrote:

cos of people like us who hv submitted their applications...gone thru the interviews...n are now waiting with bated breath:)

I don't usually troll forum. I registered for this forum a while back, and never made any posts until recently. I am curious tho now many actually got interview and how many actual get accepted. Obviously, the people who get interview will continue posting, so as the people who get accepted. If you look at page 1 of this post, there are a lot of people add themselves to the list, but I never see them posted.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
ducceus wrote:

I don't usually troll forum. I registered for this forum a while back, and never made any posts until recently. I am curious tho now many actually got interview and how many actual get accepted. Obviously, the people who get interview will continue posting, so as the people who get accepted. If you look at page 1 of this post, there are a lot of people add themselves to the list, but I never see them posted.

exactly..jus goes to show we r more excited than others..or mebbe we hv more time in our hands!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
I have just submitted my applications after a few heart stopping moments over an issue. Writing it for the reference of R3 applicants maybe:
1. pdf application showed only 56/57 fields complete. Spent an hr racking my brains on it. To resolve this, just click the 'Highlight existing fields'. This will show all the mandatory fields.In my case, I had not ticked Not Applicable for Military Service option.

One thing I want to check is that, while my adobe form crashed after i hit submit button and did not generate an receipt, i have received the upload receipt mail confirmation from INSEAD and also uploaded the supporting documentation and made payment on online application centre. Now, Should i be too worried about adobe crashing or is the mail confirmation from INSEAD sufficient?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
alphagmat wrote:
I have just submitted my applications after a few heart stopping moments over an issue. Writing it for the reference of R3 applicants maybe:
1. pdf application showed only 56/57 fields complete. Spent an hr racking my brains on it. To resolve this, just click the 'Highlight existing fields'. This will show all the mandatory fields.In my case, I had not ticked Not Applicable for Military Service option.

One thing I want to check is that, while my adobe form crashed after i hit submit button and did not generate an receipt, i have received the upload receipt mail confirmation from INSEAD and also uploaded the supporting documentation and made payment on online application centre. Now, Should i be too worried about adobe crashing or is the mail confirmation from INSEAD sufficient?

Maybe send an email to admissions to confirm?

Good to know, i didn't know there is "highlight existing fields'
'
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Faced exact same issues. I never knew highlight field option is for that :-( Anyways, managed to fill all fields but still pdf crashed. I finally managed to talk to AdCom member in France. She said if you have got receipt then there should be no issues. And even if there would be an issue you can send your pdf file by mail to admissions team. Reciept is the proof you submitted on time.

I am relaxed now. I anyways mailed my file as she suggested.

alphagmat wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
liljminmin wrote:
alphagmat wrote:

Maybe send an email to admissions to confirm?

Good to know, i didn't know there is "highlight existing fields'
'

You'd probably have received your coordinator name along with confirmation. You can always check with him/ her to see if your app is complete or not. It's a good idea to be in touch with the coordinator throughout the process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I think we beat this horse to the dead already, but here is admission insights o.O
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jngcu8fdnWo
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have not recieved any mail from any coordinater. I have a question: On this forum on the 1st page, I can see someone applied for round 2 and has got a reject. Is that possible ? Are we not supposed to get the result on 19th July ?

'[/quote]

You'd probably have received your coordinator name along with confirmation. You can always check with him/ her to see if your app is complete or not. It's a good idea to be in touch with the coordinator throughout the process.[/quote]

Originally posted by docks007 on 13 Jun 2013, 01:08.
Last edited by docks007 on 25 Jun 2013, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Submitting the application was a harrowing experience. As with others here, the PDF shows 3 required field unfilled when we check the progress on the PDF form. After looking at all fields once again and deciding that something was wrong with the PDF, I finally hit the Submit button and there is an error message saying that required fields are incomplete with the list of fields which need to be filled in. Thank God! They have put that information. So I quickly go back and realize its the additional essays such as reapplications essay is causing the problem. I put in a "Not Applicable" in the field and clicked on"Submit" again.

Saw "sending/transferring data" as the status and the progress bar move once completely and started again, when the "Show Application Receipt" button pops up. I am about to take a sigh of relief when ADOBE READER CRASHES!!! What in the world!! The "Show Application Receipt" button has also disappeared. I take a deep breath, open the PDF again and hit on "Submit" again.... A few more tense seconds and Adode crashes again!! Cursed under my breath! How could they do this!

I kept doing the same thing again and again in a loop for the next 1 hour, maybe submitted my application like a 100 times. All the same. Meanwhile I googled and found out that a few other people had the same problem, but they did get a confirmation mail and all went well. I searched my inbox, spam, everything, but there was no mail either... Frustrated and suspecting my network I submitted it again from another computer on a different network. This time the data went through, but it opened a "Already submitted" error page. This really freaked me out. I did not have an application ID, no mail and still I was seeing an "Already submitted" page.

Immediately typed out a mail to the support guys at Etheryl asking them to help me with this, but it was already late in the night so I was totally freaking out. Finally gave up at 1 in the night and tried catching some sleep which was impossible due to my frayed nerves!

Next day I was so tensed I skipped work... and waited for a response, checking my mail every 2 minutes. In the meanwhile shot a mail to INSEAD adcom team asking for help. Around noon, both replies came and they asked me to send my application form. Nisha from INSEAD had replied and she copied one lady called Diana from Etheryl tech support to help me out. Diana replied back saying she did not find my name in the system and I should send her my application Id for verification. I told her once again that I am worried about not getting my confirmation mail in the first place and attached my application form for reference. No reply! - 2 hours later - No reply! - I shoot another mail - No reply! - Another two hours - No reply.

I almost gave up for Round 2. Around 7 in the evening Diana replied back saying the application got submitted successfully and gave me my application ID. When I saw the mail it showed the submission time as the first time I had submitted the previous day. Fired up the link, attached the other documents and finally paid the fee. Before that I knew that one reco had been submitted and I matched the reco numbers to make sure it was my application. So after all docs were submitted, I called up my other recommender and asked him to submit my reco, which he did in the next couple of hours. Finally all green on the page, and I take a deep sigh of relief!

Lessons learnt -
1. The PDF gets submitted even if crashes. Just wait for the confirmation mail.
2. If you do not get confirmation mail, send a copy of the application PDF to netapply2insead@etheryl.net and they will sort it out.
3. The guys at Etheryl and INSEAD will give you a quick reply and we do not need to breath down their necks!

However, I got a couple of mails about INSEAD moving to an online website based application, which should resolve the PDF issues.

Those of you who faced such troubles and still not sure about their application status - dont worry, you will be considered in Round 2 mostly if you have tried submitting your application before the deadline. Those who are about to, better get your apps submitted well in advance and dont wait till the last date like me. :-D
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48  ...  134   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts