Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 04:02 It is currently 02 May 2024, 04:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Is it wise to mention Work experience w/o relieving letter? [#permalink]
CriticalSquareMBA wrote:
Hey there,

Could you rephrase your question? What exactly is a relieving letter? And what do you mean "good term with the employee"? Were you fired? Or did you quit? Or are you asking if it's ok that you don't have a letter proving you worked there?

Would love to help you but I can't quite understand your question.

Look forward to the clarification,

Bhavik

Hi Bhavik, Thanks for your replying.

In one company i got fired and in another i quit. Relieving letter is same as a work experience certificate that i dont have.

So yes my question is can i mention these 2 years of work experience to the Adcom??
Send PM
I guess the confusing aspect of this question is, if you didn't report it - what would you do? You have to report all of your employment to the degree of detail that the particular program specifies. You don't need documentation to prove you were fired. When they conduct the background check (if you're accepted) they'll either find out or validate what you told them.

If you didn't tell them - you'd have to say what you did in those two years. What would you say? You clearly worked.

I hope that helps,

Bhavik
Director
Director
Send PM
CriticalSquareMBA wrote:
I guess the confusing aspect of this question is, if you didn't report it - what would you do? You have to report all of your employment to the degree of detail that the particular program specifies. You don't need documentation to prove you were fired. When they conduct the background check (if you're accepted) they'll either find out or validate what you told them.

If you didn't tell them - you'd have to say what you did in those two years. What would you say? You clearly worked.

I hope that helps,

Bhavik

So i believe its better to mention those 2 years of work Ex...But what if the adcom asks about the validation from Day1 to Last day of my job( First questions will they do this at the time of interview or after the admission?)....Though i can validate my first day of the job with the documents but i certainly dont have any leaving proof.
Send PM
They validate your employment and other aspects of your application after you're admitted. It's expensive and they don't have the time to do it for the 9,000 applicants every year.

Don't worry about having documentation - they don't ask you for it generally. It wouldn't be very objective if they did and would introduce quite a bit of risk to their process. They'll verify it with your employer.

Bhavik
Director
Director
Send PM
CriticalSquareMBA wrote:
They validate your employment and other aspects of your application after you're admitted. It's expensive and they don't have the time to do it for the 9,000 applicants every year.

Don't worry about having documentation - they don't ask you for it generally. It wouldn't be very objective if they did and would introduce quite a bit of risk to their process. They'll verify it with your employer.

Bhavik

Thank you so much, quite relieved to know this. But does that mean that i dont have to show them my salary slip, IT return etc.

One last thing how much importance does adcom gives one they ask and verify about the employee, and if at all they hear something negative,will that directly impact on the candidature?
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey there, you're quite welcome. No, you don't need to show those documents at the time of application. The verification cross checks all of that.

As for the importance, it depends on what is found. Generally, if they invite you to interview they will ask why you have two 1-year work experiences and they'll probe you to find out what happened - you'll have to divulge you were fired from one and that you quit from the other. They won't let something like that go undiscovered during the admissions process. Generally speaking, unless they find untruths in your application, the verification process goes smoothly. However, if you lied about where you worked or grossly misrepresented your salary, etc. - that'll be grounds for a revocation of your acceptance.

Bhavik
GMAT Club Bot