Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 08:59 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Which school would you attend?

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [1]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg vs Ross vs Tuck [#permalink]
Bookmarks
I agree with everyone else in saying that ultimately Tuck and Kellogg will give you an equal shot to get into MBB. I know you said you're indifferent on geography, but I'd spend some time thinking about where you'd like to live after school. Because while both of these schools could take you to any office for MBB, you may find yourself wanting to stay where your network is strongest and where your classmates are going. As someone who is interning in a different region than most of my classmates, I can say that it is certainly something worth considering!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
I thoroughly appreciate everyone's thoughts thus far regarding my decision.

A little more background:

I attended a very large school in a big city (west coast) for undergrad, so I'm not necessarily turned off by the idea of having a similar experience for b-school (or a completely opposite experience for that matter as well). I am also bringing a partner (and a couple of kids) with me to school. We love the Chicagoland area and really enjoyed visiting Kellogg during DAK. We are coming to Hanover for ASM in April, and I think we could certainly fall in love with living in a more remote area as well.

Ultimately, I could see us heading to an office either back west (or south), but both my wife and I are also completely open to living in the northeast as well.

Talking to alumni from both Tuck and Kellogg, it appears that both schools have a good presence at most consulting offices throughout the US (of course Kellogg has a larger footprint given its numbers) so I don't think either school will gate my ability to work at certain office.

I honestly just think it will boil down to which school feels more like "home" for my family. For folks who have picked either Tuck or Kellogg, I'd love to hear your rationale as to why you chose the school you did.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.82
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
A first word problem I hope to have...the only thing I have to add, it is in your best interest to speak with students at each school who were accepted by MBB (both internships and full time offers), and determine how their stats compare to yours. I have friends who were former recruiters at Bain, and they have said they have fairly established GMAT cut-offs that vary depending on the school you attend. So, for example, it may be easier to get an interview at Kellogg with a 720 (arbitrary GMAT score), than at Tuck and especially Ross. I don't see a GMAT score in your profile, so if you're rocking a 760, my post is probably useless. Otherwise, I hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.1
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I think it's just going to come down to "feel" for you on this one. MBB prospects are the same at each school. Student body will be great at both places. Kellogg's proximity to Chicago is big for some people, but if you're truly indifferent about that, then it will likely just be a gut feeling that will make your decision for you.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72922 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
bdepp wrote:
I think it's just going to come down to "feel" for you on this one. MBB prospects are the same at each school. Student body will be great at both places. Kellogg's proximity to Chicago is big for some people, but if you're truly indifferent about that, then it will likely just be a gut feeling that will make your decision for you.

Not to hijack the thread, Bdepp - would you mind sharing where you are planning to go?
You have quite a portfolio of options. Have you made up your mind/leaning a certain way or you will let the schools Woo you? 8-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.1
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
bb wrote:
bdepp wrote:

Not to hijack the thread, Bdepp - would you mind sharing where you are planning to go?
You have quite a portfolio of options. Have you made up your mind/leaning a certain way or you will let the schools Woo you? 8-)

I'll officially make my decision this weekend, but it would take a big change of heart for me to not pick Kellogg. I'll definitely update my own thread in this forum to let people know what I decided.

It would be nice if Kellogg tried to woo me with some $$$ though!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1130 posts