Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 08:21 It is currently 23 May 2024, 08:21
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2401 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
lili45lili45 wrote:
So, this question was asked before-
How formal should the reception attire be? Has anyone attended a reception yet?

As an international woman applicant flying to London for the TBD + reception, I don't know what to pack :)

Hi there. I'm not going to the reception but my invite specifically refers to an "informal cocktail hour" and a "more casual setting" which suggests it doesn't need to be full business attire.

If in doubt, err on the side of caution though. I'm sure you can create a combo that enables you to become a little more casual if you suddenly notice everyone else is in denim!

Just relax and enjoy the event. Wish I could have made it!
Current Student
Send PM
Hey thanks JK

Is there any word limit for the responses to these questions?

Second, I read on last year's thread that there was a score-chart for giving scores to the applicant on different parameters, followed by a third question asking reasons for the scores given.

Does the same thing continue this year too, or is it just the two questions mentioned by you above?

JK1987 wrote:
aryabhata wrote:
Hi, can you please tell me the recommendation questions for the 2015 application? I've got to do some homework before I can have the questions sent to my recommender.

Thanks guys

1. How do the candidate's performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
2. Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Thanksgiving Break Update – Campus Visits and Office Closing
The MBA Admissions & Financial Aid Office will be closed for the holiday starting at 2 pm on Wednesday, November 26th. The office will re-open with its regular hours at 8:30 AM on Monday, December 1st.

Please note that there will be no campus visit program November 24-28th due to the holiday schedule; the last day for visits will be December 1st, before our students begin final exams and winter break. The visit program will resume for the spring semester on January 26, 2015.

If you have any questions about visiting campus, applications, or the MBA program please contact our office at mba-admiss@wharton.upenn.edu or 215-898-6183.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday,

The Wharton MBA Admissions & Financial Aid Team

The post Thanksgiving Break Update – Campus Visits and Office Closing appeared first on Engage with Us.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
aryabhata wrote:
Hey thanks JK

Second, I read on last year's thread that there was a score-chart for giving scores to the applicant on different parameters, followed by a third question asking reasons for the scores given.

Does the same thing continue this year too, or is it just the two questions mentioned by you above?

JK1987 wrote:
aryabhata wrote:
Hi, can you please tell me the recommendation questions for the 2015 application? I've got to do some homework before I can have the questions sent to my recommender.

Thanks guys

1. How do the candidate's performance, potential, or personal qualities compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
2. Please describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant's response.

The questions for recommenders and word count limit for their responses are on the application requirements page (see link below). Once you add them as recommenders in your application, they will be sent a link via email that will direct them to a page where they will submit the recommendation and fill out a score chart. The score chart will give them an option to briefly comment on scores given. I think most if not all the schools have the same recommender questions and chart to fill out now. At least that was the case for the schools I applied to.

https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... ements.cfm
Intern
Intern
Send PM
aryabhata wrote:
Hey thanks JK

JK1987 wrote:
aryabhata wrote:

Thanks guys

Apologies - the word limit for Q1 is 300 words and for Q2 is 250 words.

I'm not sure of any other questions/ score charts that recommenders need to fill out. These are the two questions available in the "Application Requirements" section of the Wharton Admissions page.
Current Student
Send PM
MBANY27 wrote:
aryabhata wrote:
Hey thanks JK

JK1987 wrote:

The questions for recommenders and word count limit for their responses are on the application requirements page (see link below). Once you add them as recommenders in your application, they will be sent a link via email that will direct them to a page where they will submit the recommendation and fill out a score chart. The score chart will give them an option to briefly comment on scores given. I think most if not all the schools have the same recommender questions and chart to fill out now. At least that was the case for the schools I applied to.

https://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admiss ... ements.cfm

Thanks MBANY and JK, I scanned the whole website, don't know how I missed that written so clearly on the requirements page!

Thanks for yoru help again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [3]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
Just arrived in Philadelphia! A lot more green here than there is in Toronto at the moment. In 9 hours I will officially be done with all MBA applications for life lol.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Just finished the tbd.. Had the 10 min interview. Was I supposed to stay afterwards? I kinda just chilled for a bit then left but I probably should have confirmed they didn't want to talk to the group as a whole after he interviews. Anyone have any experience on if anything happens after the interview or if I was supposed to leave? Fyi- it was an off campus interview.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
gtgpee wrote:
Just finished the tbd.. Had the 10 min interview. Was I supposed to stay afterwards? I kinda just chilled for a bit then left but I probably should have confirmed they didn't want to talk to the group as a whole after he interviews. Anyone have any experience on if anything happens after the interview or if I was supposed to leave? Fyi- it was an off campus interview.

Thanks!

Nope you're good.

In other news, I'm done! I found all the wharton applicants I met to be super down to earth. At HBS there seemed to be a ton of posturing and people trying to prove themselves to other apAplicants. Wharton was just so comfortable. Way more excited about wharton after the visit, so glad I went!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2401 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
gotti wrote:
gtgpee wrote:

Thanks!

Nope you're good.

In other news, I'm done! I found all the wharton applicants I met to be super down to earth. At HBS there seemed to be a ton of posturing and people trying to prove themselves to other apAplicants. Wharton was just so comfortable. Way more excited about wharton after the visit, so glad I went!

Same here, really loved my time at Wharton
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
In my one-on-one, the interviewer asked the usual, "Was that typical of how you behave in teams?" but followed with, "Really? Because no one disagreed with anyone EVER and not one person said a negative comment the whole time. Is that real?"

Threw me way off...
Did this happen to anyone?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Send PM
jasminea12 wrote:
In my one-on-one, the interviewer asked the usual, "Was that typical of how you behave in teams?" but followed with, "Really? Because no one disagreed with anyone EVER and not one person said a negative comment the whole time. Is that real?"

Threw me way off...

Ah that's interesting. I had dissension in mine.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JohnThunder wrote:
jasminea12 wrote:

Threw me way off...

We all got along in my group, and I think that dynamic is normal given that we were all attempting to demonstrate that we are team players. I am sure a lot of team-based discussions were as cooperative and harmonious as mine.

What threw me off was the interviewer specifically pointing that fact out and questioning whether it was a real dynamic.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GRE 1: Q170 V168
Send PM
jasminea12 wrote:
JohnThunder wrote:
jasminea12 wrote:

Threw me way off...

We all got along in my group, and I think that dynamic is normal given that we were all attempting to demonstrate that we are team players. I am sure a lot of team-based discussions were as cooperative and harmonious as mine.

What threw me off was the interviewer specifically pointing that fact out and questioning whether it was a real dynamic.

My group all got along as well--no dissention, no one was pushy. I was surprised, but pleasantly so.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
And did they ask you about that, did they question it in your one-on-one?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GRE 1: Q170 V168
Send PM
jasminea12 wrote:

Nope, not explicitly. I got the standard question about how I thought it went, and I said pretty much the same thing I said above: that I was pleasantly surprised at how well we worked together.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAFinally wrote:
jasminea12 wrote:

Nope, not explicitly. I got the standard question about how I thought it went, and I said pretty much the same thing I said above: that I was pleasantly surprised at how well we worked together.

Haha alright, guess I got the curveball question-- eek. I didn't know how to respond.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26  ...  55   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts