Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 16:53 It is currently 08 May 2024, 16:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 272 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="willget800"]look at the excel file in this chain of discussions we had.. that shows the books/topics used to study..

also this shows extensive list of items..

generally if you use the search button on this forum, you will find lot of useful things on the following:

books
time
planning for exam prep
general feedback on the exam[/quote]

Thanks for all the advice guys!!!
I have started my preparation with a diagnostic test..I got 490..I dont know how far I can go with this kind of a score..I have scored almost the same in both the sections...so have to stress on both.
As far as the preparation plan... I have planned to start with OG..
How do I access the excel sheet which is mentioned in the above thread??

Hema
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="willget800"]I am in.. Here is my weekly status report attached as excel..

this should be keep me motivated!!!!

awesome web site guys..[/quote]

Thanks ...I downloaded the excel sheet..
This is excellent!!! Especially the verbal tips and you get all the info on the preparation materials at one go!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
here is my weekly update in the excel file..

i am so close to giving up.........................

can some one please explain how to improve Verballllllllllllll.. I have tried everything... some of the gurus here?????????????? look at the file.. i mean whats left to do.. i keep trying.. i am right there.. i am down to 2 choices for almost all my mistakes..

does persistence pay? i guess i will know only on July 17th.
Attachments

willget800_worksheet.xls [128.5 KiB]
Downloaded 490 times

Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Persistence does pay!!!

Look at rhyme!! His story is inspirational to anyone to keep it going till you succeed.

Don't loose your calm ....stick to your learning schedule, learn from your mistakes..Review your strengths ..you will definitely go a long way..

Regarding the tips on improving your scores in verbal...our more experienced friends will help you!!

All the Best!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
folks in india [#permalink]
I'll be taking the test in chennai-- im doing some volunteer work there. I will be in bangalore in a couple of days-- can someone pls tell me where to buy the OG 11th edition and manhattan materials in b'lore?
thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I doubt any potential GMAT member will read this question! Please post your question as a seperate thread!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey, this is a Very useful thread. Thanks for all the helpful posts, especially the excel file...

I am taking the test in a little less than 5 weeks. I've been doing a Princeton Review online course for about 3 weeks already, and it hasn't helped me yet. Before any practice I tested a 680, and last weekend I got a 650.

So now I really have to turn up the heat if I'm going to reach my goal of breaking 710. I've got three more practice tests connect to the P-R course, so I'll at least do those as well as the rest of the lessons, of course. I suppose I'll also try to do as much as I can of the OG.

I work kind of a lot, so here's my goal:

1 hour of practice every weeknight.
4 hours of practice each weekend day.
At least 3 practice tests.
An increase of at least 60 points from my last practice test.

I'm intending those to be realistic targets -- I realize it's not as much studying as some of you are doing, but I'm not sure how much I can handle. If the practice tests don't improve, then I'll increase my regimen.

I'll post my further results...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
This thread and various other posts in GMAT club were very helpful in arriving at a final GMAT test plan.
I have bought Kaplan CP, Kaplan Math workbook, OG 11th edition.
I have started off with OG and Kaplan Mathbook. I am registered with a test prep company and I have their prep material as well.
I find GMAT club more helpful in GMAT test taking and preparation strategies than the test prep company.
I have devoted about 2 hours of work on weekdays and 6-8 hours on the weekends. I had started in a very un-organised way, studying and taking tests in which ever order I fancied, but now, with the help of the excel sheet in this post, I have made a systematic study plan. I realised that I have to concentrate working on my mistakes as well. I lost track of what mistakes I made. I will have to search for all those papers and start making a mistakes work list.
This is the update on my preparation.
Keep it going guys!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
glad things are working... awesome..

thats the very advantage of forums where we share and learn!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Can you please share as to how to access this excel file ?

willget800 wrote:
I am in.. Here is my weekly status report attached as excel..

this should be keep me motivated!!!!

awesome web site guys..
[ EDITED ]

Removed the attachement from here so that the server does not get clogged each time I udpate the files. Look at my last post below. It has the latest attachement...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
ddgmat,
you have to log in to your account to access the file
when you are logged in you will be able to see e file and the down load link.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AIM IS TO VISIT THE LAND OF TECHNOLOGY! [#permalink]
Raghavender wrote:
Hey guys,

The main idea of this thread is really good. I appreciate it.
This is Raghu, from Hyderabad. I recently started my prepn and plannin to take my exam in august. I started with the OG. Got mostly abover average and avg in all the sections...so confused...where to start studyin..

Did any of u guys, take the OG diagnostic test?? and what were your scores??

waiting for replies guys...

Hi guys!
This is an awesome site.

I have planned to take GMAT in the last week of December 2006. I have procured all the reading material-OG 11th edition,kaplan 800, kaplan with CD, princeton, Nova and three other local reading material available in India.

I am a great planner throughout my life. But very bad, infact the worst when it comes to execution. I plan to start my preparation from July 1st, 2006. My plan is not to start with OG. I am planning to brush up my fundamentals in maths by procuring a local but good guide on quantitative aptitude. After doing that i plan to move on to standard books like OG , princeton, kapan and others. This way i thought i could do well as i would have strengthened my fundas.

As far as maths, even though i graduated in history, i have innate love for numbers and did reasonably well in maths in higher secondary.(got 92 percent).

As far as verbal i thought i would never touch or read any book for it till i came across the real GMAT type of questions. It is, i realised, really tough to score good marks in GMAT verbal. I thought questions will be like as we have in banking service examinations in India where i used to get hundered percent correct. Even though i studied English right from my kinder garden, i know i have to really work hard to score well in GMAT verbal section. I have to concentrate hard eventhough concentration is not my forte.

I decided to take GMAT not because i wanted to do MBA in the US.My aim is to see the land of technology, the mother of all countries when it comes to technology.I carry technology within me.( Guys reading this may wonder what i am talking about, but i dont want to reveal anything more as it would go beyond the perview of this site).Secondly i want to prove something to those people who branded me as having no logic but has only great level of intuition.Thirdly, as i was overlooked for promotion in my present organisation, i am longing to move to other greener pastures.

I always fix tall order for me. My aim is to get a perfect 800 in GMAT. I know it is tough. i always aimed for perfection, and that has been my great weakness.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AIM IS TO VISIT THE LAND OF TECHNOLOGY! [#permalink]
This is an awesome site.

I have planned to take GMAT in the last week of December 2006. I have procured all the reading material-OG 11th edition,kaplan 800, kaplan with CD, princeton, Nova and three other local reading material available in India.

I am a great planner throughout my life. But very bad, infact the worst when it comes to execution. I plan to start my preparation from July 1st, 2006. My plan is not to start with OG. I am planning to brush up my fundamentals in maths by procuring a local but good guide on quantitative aptitude. After doing that i plan to move on to standard books like OG , princeton, kapan and others. This way i thought i could do well as i would have strengthened my fundas.

As far as maths, even though i graduated in history, i have innate love for numbers and did reasonably well in maths in higher secondary.(got 92 percent).

As far as verbal i thought i would never touch or read any book for it till i came across the real GMAT type of questions. It is, i realised, really tough to score good marks in GMAT verbal. I thought questions will be like as we have in banking service examinations in India where i used to get hundered percent correct. Even though i studied English right from my kinder garden, i know i have to really work hard to score well in GMAT verbal section. I have to concentrate hard eventhough concentration is not my forte.

I decided to take GMAT not because i wanted to do MBA in the US.My aim is to see the land of technology, the mother of all countries when it comes to technology.I carry technology within me.( Guys reading this may wonder what i am talking about, but i dont want to reveal anything more as it would go beyond the perview of this site).Secondly i want to prove something to those people who branded me as having no logic but has only great level of intuition.Thirdly, as i was overlooked for promotion in my present organisation, i am longing to move to other greener pastures.

I always fix tall order for me. My aim is to get a perfect 800 in GMAT. I know it is tough. i always aimed for perfection, and that has been my great weakness.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks a lot willget800.

Your worksheet is really nice, mostly because it's fullfil of verbal contents that I have a hard time to learn and to progress on.

Your list of idioms and remaks are precious for me. I see them like time keepers from tons of grammar rules that i must learn.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the advice [#permalink]
Guys, thanks for all the advice, thanks for also making me realise to set realistic goals.
As for as technology, i still consider the US as the land of technology and not Japan. Some of the experiments that is going on in some US institutes are simply incredible. How will u guys react if i say that ur mind can be read, what u visulaise can be seen in computers including the colour u visualise, and your past thinking and activities can be extracted to minute details, and any part of your body can be triggered by keeping a chip in your central nervous system. Guys believe me all these are happening in the US, (at Wharton, IBM and other institutes).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Update on My Progress [#permalink]
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to give a quick update. I've been meeting my study goals -- putting in 2 hours a day during the week and four or five a day on the weekends. So far I've done a lot of studying -- taking a PR online course and making notecards. Anyway, I took another PR practice test after two weeks of work and here's my report:

Test on 5/21: 680 (V: 44, M:40)
Test on 6/17: 650 (V: 41, M:40)
Test on 7/2: 690 (V: 44, M: 42)

(All are PR online tests)

So, at least I didn't go down again... This week I am going to do tons of practice questions and see where that gets me....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2.5 yrs in manufacturing
Send PM
[#permalink]
chiragr wrote:
Raghavender wrote:
Hey guys,

The main idea of this thread is really good. I appreciate it.
This is Raghu, from Hyderabad. I recently started my prepn and plannin to take my exam in august. I started with the OG. Got mostly abover average and avg in all the sections...so confused...where to start studyin..

Did any of u guys, take the OG diagnostic test?? and what were your scores??

waiting for replies guys...

well around 650+ for me after bit prep, and around 700 after a lot... :)

Hey chirag, I didnt understand how u got a score of 650+ in the OG diagnostic test. I cudnt find any score relative to the 800 score.
All I got was the number of questions that were right.

Did I miss anything.. :roll:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3