Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 13:49 It is currently 05 May 2024, 13:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Definitely happens to me. Unfortunately my worst stupid day was on my first GMAT a few years ago. I am an algebra whiz but got completely stuck on a simple question, which will haunt me forever: "Jose throws a baseball at 90 mph. How many feet per second is that?" I got a dozen different answers, and none were in the ballpark (haha), and before I knew it, I'd killed 15 minutes!! Raced through the rest of my test and bombed.

Of course if you're actually at the test center you can't say, "I'm having a stupid day...can I start again tomorrow?" But if that happens in practice, stop for a while and go do something brainless. If you start to mentally click again, go back to studying.

One thing I will say is that if you avoid too many carbs and eat more protein and veggies and fruit, you will have fewer stupid days. The carbs make me mentally foggy.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes... I have it as well ;)...

What surprise me is that it's not awlays linked to a common reason like tired, hungry, stressed... It's as the brain stays in a bugging mode and brings unexpected or/and illogical results :p

So, as others said u, u are not the only one to have it !
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am actually having one today ... tried to solve some problems today morning and took 3:41sec for a geometry one and 2:5xsecs for an LCM problem.
Yesterday tried to take a test and *bombed* it literally... didn't even bother to look at the scores...

Reading this thread makes me feel a little better... thinking I am not alone. Any way of avoiding such days?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cashmere wrote:
One thing I will say is that if you avoid too many carbs and eat more protein and veggies and fruit, you will have fewer stupid days. The carbs make me mentally foggy.

Interesting suggestion.. will try this :-)

Fruits it is for me every morning...

Thanks/
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 785 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
haas_mba07 wrote:
Any way of avoiding such days?

stop munching on carbs :?: hehe

I have my "stupid" days too... actually they are more lazy than stupid, cause I make stupid mistakes when I don't care too much about what I am doing... just doing to get rid of guilt that I have if I don't study... I believe that the more energized and positive you are, the less idiotic mistakes you will make.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well.. since my post in the morning, things have just gotten worse. Time to move to Verbal .. I've been working on quant for a week continously... maybe its taking its toll..

Can you believe I took 4:56 for one question? Might as well sell my GMAT books and run away to Iceland!! :evil: :evil:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
haas_mba07 wrote:
run away to Iceland!! :evil: :evil:

Iceland :?: :( I would run to Ireland... at least you'd see some light there... and may be drink whiskey with Bono :lol:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ofcourse.... U2lover<=> Ireland.... Whiskey, Haggis... U2 music... Heaven for you isn't it? :-)
:P

u2lover wrote:
haas_mba07 wrote:

Iceland :?: :( I would run to Ireland... at least you'd see some light there... and may be drink whiskey with Bono :lol:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
haas_mba07 wrote:
Ofcourse.... U2lover<=> Ireland.... Whiskey, Haggis... U2 music... Heaven for you isn't it? :-)
:P

u2lover wrote:
haas_mba07 wrote:

oops... on a 2nd thought... I would run away the beach and sun... I don't think I'll be able to talk to Bono after having some whiskey under grey skies... The sun in Iceland doesn't even come out on some days... so I wouldn't run there for sure :wink:... but for now I will run and put the nose in OG :cry:
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]