Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 01:22 It is currently 08 May 2024, 01:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 726 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Parallel reasoning questions! [#permalink]
Hi,

Can u elaborate a little more on the below mentioned statement.

"As a general rule, any answer choice that's constructed in the same grammatical format as the question stem is probably wrong".
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 938 [0]
Send PM
jyotsnasarabu wrote:
Hi,

Can u elaborate a little more on the below mentioned statement.

"As a general rule, any answer choice that's constructed in the same grammatical format as the question stem is probably wrong".

For God's sake don't pay any attention to these statements. Probably Kaplan invented these tips. Other day, someone mentioned (in a different forum) that if you can't crack a SC, select the option with least words ! If you are guessing, your odds do not decrease with the count of words.

Would you believe if someone says "if you see angle of a triangle is > 90 degrees, it is probably a wrong answer choice".

As Mark Twain once said "All generalizations are wrong, including this one" ! :-D

The only way to improve parallel reasoning (as far as my limited knowledge goes) is to pay more attention to argument structures and try to understand how author is trying to establish his/her point. Also, it might help to brush up the basics of logic (it surely worked for me) including different common paradoxes, logical equivalents and last but not least - D Alembert's rules .

Disclaimer :
1) I'm no CR guru. So feel free to ignore my comments.
2) If you do not see much improvement after doing all of above, do not be disappointed. Picking up verbal skills is a frustratingly slow process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Totally agree with u.....................m just trying to explore different ways of looking at how Cr's can be cracked..............................and practice does make a woman perfect.............................or the lack of it...........................but yeah.............picking up on CR is excruciatingly difficult..................coz it's very easy to get let down when one is not scoring well, inspite of a gud amount of work that goes into it............i have a month to go for the exam .............so more and more timed Cr tests until then is all i can do......................

Thanx

Archived Topic
Hi there,
This topic has been closed and archived due to inactivity or violation of community quality standards. No more replies are possible here.
Where to now? Join ongoing discussions on thousands of quality questions in our Verbal Questions Forum
Still interested in this question? Check out the "Best Topics" block above for a better discussion on this exact question, as well as several more related questions.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Retired Moderator
653 posts
Current Student
733 posts
Current Student
278 posts