Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 09:48 It is currently 05 May 2024, 09:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, congrats, 2 days early!

I'm working on Duke at the moment, Cornell awaits tomorrow!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I know, I sorta feel like an idiot for doing it this way, but Cornell has been mostly done for a while and i just really wanted to get it in. It feels good to have it checked off my list, but....

Duke is not so done - all essays written, but two still fairly rough. I am going to sneak out of work for a bit tomorrow and wrap it up. We've got till 11:59, right? That is what I am assuming as I did not see any other time indications.

Next stop: Stanford and Yale. Both due Wed. Yale in better shape than Stanford. Thank God for recycling essays. (Carefully done with much tweaking from one school to the next.)

Off to bed!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
I know, I sorta feel like an idiot for doing it this way, but Cornell has been mostly done for a while and i just really wanted to get it in. It feels good to have it checked off my list, but....

Duke is not so done - all essays written, but two still fairly rough. I am going to sneak out of work for a bit tomorrow and wrap it up. We've got till 11:59, right? That is what I am assuming as I did not see any other time indications.

Next stop: Stanford and Yale. Both due Wed. Yale in better shape than Stanford. Thank God for recycling essays. (Carefully done with much tweaking from one school to the next.)

Off to bed!

Hey, glad I saw your post! Duke is DUE @ 5 PM EST TODAY!

For reference, from a recent Duke e-mail:

Quote:
The application deadline is January 8 at 5:00 pm EST and we would like to remind you that if you would like to submit your application for Round 2, there are only a few more days to complete your online application in time for the deadline.

Gonna PM you as well. Hope you read this in time.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Holy crap!

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

Well, the bad news is that I have to work my a$$ off to get it out on time, but the good news is that it just means more time for Yale and Stanford!

You know, I remember that email, but you would think they would have the same info on their stinking website.

thanks again
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
Holy crap!

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

Well, the bad news is that I have to work my a$$ off to get it out on time, but the good news is that it just means more time for Yale and Stanford!

You know, I remember that email, but you would think they would have the same info on their stinking website.

thanks again

they have that same info on the website, when you log in to their online application system.. on the left is your dates.. and on the right is the deadline times...
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
yep, you're right. I had been looking in the non-logged-in sections. Oh well. I am pretty close.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey all the best!!!!!!!!

i am sure you will get it in time.. breathe in and breathe out - relax..
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually, here's what's freaking me out.

I run a free tax preparation program for low-income taxpayers. It's a big operation, including many nonprofit, city, and corporate partners. I expected to do 1500 returns this year, a 50% increase over last year's 1000. I have a team of 3 full-time staff, over 60 volunteers, and a number of interns, etc.

Well, it turns out that TWO of my full-time staff QUIT! One on Saturday, the other this morning. One had only started 2 weeks ago, so I don't really care. The other just completed her one year VISTA term of service and had committed to staying on as the full-time temporary site assistant. She wanted to cry about how bad she felt and how she couldn't let go of a job offer that had unexpectedly come her way, but I don't care about emoting. I have a job to do. A big one. At least all the grad school apps are in on Wed.

Grad school is looking better and better.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
ok its work now, atleast not application.. thats still better.. you know how to deal with it..

but if its app work, its harder..its our first time :)

so get set go and be ready for a new day at work.. as you can see, i am spending so much time here at gmatclub.. shows how interested my work is getting... i cant concentrate onm work anymore!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
yes, if it weren't tax season I would be completely screwing off all day here. Ah, how I wish for summer!

Thanks for your encouragement. Yep, I am a get-things-done kind of girl and am certainly ready for this challenge. I suppose it will make good fodder for certain interview questions.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
aaudetat wrote:
Holy crap!

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

THANKS

thanks again

No problem! I am submitting Cornell today - its due at midnight, right? :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
batchgmat wrote:
No problem! I am submitting Cornell today - its due at midnight, right? :-D

And I thought I was the only procrastinator to submit apps on last day. Chicago is due by 5pm on Wed. too BTW
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]