Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 04:58 It is currently 08 May 2024, 04:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey died4me you have mentione din ur profile you have strong XA. "XA"??
whats that
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats for your cool interview
died4me wrote:
I just had my interview for Kellogg.
It was very informal. The interviewer was great.
The most challenging question was this: In case you get into all schools, what would you do?

Other questions were very similar to the "usual suspects"
Why MBA, Why Now, WHy Kellogg, Tell me about your WE, your background, leadership roles. what was your toughest assignment, and what is your leadership style?

After the interview, he gave me a few feedbacks (I didn't ask since I didn't want to be reflected as a insecure interviewee although I acutally was :lol: )

"Died4me, you have a strong WE, I wish you all the best"

I am trying not to read in too much from this short feedback. But I want to think this was a positive sign. :lol:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
died4me wrote:
I just had my interview for Kellogg.
It was very informal. The interviewer was great.
The most challenging question was this: In case you get into all schools, what would you do?

Other questions were very similar to the "usual suspects"
Why MBA, Why Now, WHy Kellogg, Tell me about your WE, your background, leadership roles. what was your toughest assignment, and what is your leadership style?

After the interview, he gave me a few feedbacks (I didn't ask since I didn't want to be reflected as a insecure interviewee although I acutally was :lol: )

"Died4me, you have a strong WE, I wish you all the best"

I am trying not to read in too much from this short feedback. But I want to think this was a positive sign. :lol:

whats your demography?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="died4me"]
quote]

What did u say to this?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
died4me wrote:
?

What did u say to this
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
just curious. Why can't you put all the questions in one post?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Because I ask questions when I thnik abt the problem I dont do batch processing
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm sure people would appreciate it if you learnt. I can understand being nervous about interviews, but if you structure what you are asking it makes it easier for people to answer and better for everyone.

Also, apparently cribbing a question someone else was asked at an i/view by pestering them, then posting up "how would you answer this?" to everyone with them knowing you have an interview at that school and are trying to get a good answer ready... well, it is bad form (especially when so obvious!)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
3underscore wrote:
I'm sure people would appreciate it if you learnt. I can understand being nervous about interviews, but if you structure what you are asking it makes it easier for people to answer and better for everyone.

Also, apparently cribbing a question someone else was asked at an i/view by pestering them, then posting up "how would you answer this?" to everyone with them knowing you have an interview at that school and are trying to get a good answer ready... well, it is bad form (especially when so obvious!)

I see your point
I will take care
just a bit excited abt interview
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Whats the fuss allabout
its just 2 q
i didnt realize the last one till I read in one of the BW forum that this was a FAQ in most schools

I think somehow you overrecting

Any way as promised I will tc next time
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
1. XA: I have strong XAs. I founded three organizations.
one in college and two after college. One I founded in college now have more than 100 members. I am serving the club as the president of the club's alumni association.

2. Demograhic: I am a Korean-American (came over to US when I was in 9th grade.)

3. The tough question: I went back to the "WHY Kellogg" story but with some variations and more flavors. I emphasized why Kellogg is a perfect fit for me. I didn't say anything about other schools.

Originally posted by died4me on 17 Jan 2007, 13:56.
Last edited by died4me on 18 Jan 2007, 07:33, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Count me in for Round 2 as well - while the majority of the people who post on this site have much better stats - below are mine:

White/From NY with Real Estate background in sales and management/640 GMAT/2.55GPA from Boston University/1 Alum Rec, 1 from CFO of my company who attended GSB.

I am doing an on campus interview on Friday - and while I think I am by far a long shot I am still going to give it my best. Rhyme helped me on my essays, I have the alumni connection, so anything is possible but I am a realist.

A lot of you have very impressive profiles, I am surprised at the number of dings.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
Count me in for Round 2 as well - while the majority of the people who post on this site have much better stats - below are mine:

White/From NY with Real Estate background in sales and management/640 GMAT/2.55GPA from Boston University/1 Alum Rec, 1 from CFO of my company who attended GSB.

I am doing an on campus interview on Friday - and while I think I am by far a long shot I am still going to give it my best. Rhyme helped me on my essays, I have the alumni connection, so anything is possible but I am a realist.

A lot of you have very impressive profiles, I am surprised at the number of dings.

I think ur profile is impressive especially ur work ex is unique not the cliche Indian IT male :)
1 alum rec WOW! A rec from CFO, Did u ditrectly report to him?

EVerything but your GMAT is a wow in your profile
Your GMAT is within the range, may be stronger essays can get u thru

All the best
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have made the names bold in the first post for clarity
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
My Kellogg status still shows

"After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials sent under separate cover and to verify all required items have arrived. As applications are processed daily, we recommend periodically checking the status between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday."

I submitted on Jan 5 deadline
How many in the same boat???
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
venky1979 wrote:

"After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials sent under separate cover and to verify all required items have arrived. As applications are processed daily, we recommend periodically checking the status between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday."

It'll say that for a while. Then it will say your application is complete. Then you wait.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you

rhyme wrote:
venky1979 wrote:

It'll say that for a while. Then it will say your application is complete. Then you wait.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23