Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:17 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Tuck, Kellogg, Darden, Duke, NYU, Columbia
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

I am also looking to join Stern part time program in Fall 2007. I plan to write GMAT for the first time in March. Should I start worrying about the essays now?

Abdulrasheed
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GPA Question [#permalink]
Hi all,
I'm also trying to make the May 15th deadline for Langone's fall semester. Does any one know how to convert Indian BA marks to U.S. GPA. I got a 67%, 63% and 63% over 3 years in Eco in India.

What does that translate into GPA? Also, if i have my transcripts, sealed and sent to me 2-3 years ago - can I just submit these or do I have to run around and get fresh ones?

Grateful for your help!

Deep
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I will also be applying to NYU part time for the Fall 2007 semester. My test date is in one month - April 6th!

I hope to only take it one time and then spend the month of April on the app.

Does anyone know avg GMAT scores for accepted applicants?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey there,

I think the avg is 680. You can find a class profile on the site somewhere. Good luck! I'm applying for the fall term as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Taking test in 2nd week of April 2007 [#permalink]
I am going to take my test again in 2nd week of April. My reco's are in and need to polish my essays.

I will do that once I am done with the test.

good luck folks

RC
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My test is on 10th April [#permalink]
OK Folks,

Finally I am all set for my GMAT on 10th April.

RC
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Do you think it's too late to start now for the May 15th deadline for Fall? I still need to take the GMAT, do the appliacation, and get recs... Would I just be fooling myself think it's reasonable?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok, now my GMAT is out of my way, I am starting to prepare for the application. NYU is my first choice mainly due to the fact that it is a great program and commutable over the weekend.

I am going to NYU next Wednesday for an info session.

Good luck everyone on your GMAT test and applications....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Langone '07 [#permalink]
Hello all, am targeting Langone for Fall '07 too... here's hoping we end up as classmates ;-) For me it is still a long way off: am taking the GMAT mid April. aurora73 good job on getting the GMAT over with: may I ask what your score was like?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Racoon, Welcome to the small club here. I was glad to find this place to talk to other people who are in the same boat. Hope we get more participants so we can all share information.

I took my GMAT on Monday and the score exceeded my expectation. I was only planning to get 700+, but end up with 760. Well, at least I know that it won't be the factor to blame if I can't get into the program. Good luck on your test...

Where are you all located? And which program are you interested? (weeknight, weekend)? I am planning to apply the weekend option because I am 2.5 hrs away from the school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, congrats on the great score! I just submitted my application and am crossing my fingers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
aurora73, that's an amazing score, congratulations! Hoping for a 700+ here, thanks for the wishes. I'm actually interested in the weeknight option, as I'm close to the school. You're probably working on your essays right now... how're they coming along? I hope to complete them in two weeks after the GMAT...

Good luck veruca912, keep us posted!

Replying to some of the older posts:

baer: re: time required for the GMAT, it depends on your target score, which may in turn depend on your profile. If you want to score well (700+), you usually need around 2-3 months. This could be cut short if you consider yourself a "star" student and have consistently performed well in standardized tests. Finally, the GMAT is only a one part of the app, so if your GMAT is really low, but the rest of your app is stellar, you stand a good chance. According to sources on the net, top biz schools (and presumably NYU) admit people with <600 GMAT. I've allotted ~2 weeks for the rest of the app (essays, recos, transcripts etc)

deep_mba: usually, you can mention the % for your final year, instead of trying to calculate the GPA. Regarding the transcripts, I'm planning to do the same: submit the sealed ones I have from 2003.

WillK74, RCReddy good luck for your GMATs!

Lets keep each other posted...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the well wishes. I am taking my test this coming Friday. Rec's are done, I have transcript but need to do essays right after exam. I have been doing around mid-600s on the practice tests so I hope to get that up a little come test day. Doing well in verbal but having tough times with math. Anyone have any good resources for math prep with less than a week to go??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks [#permalink]
Thanks folks.

My exam is on 10th April.

I am done with my reco's and essays. All I need is GMAT score.

I may spend little time in refining my essays after the exam.

Good luck folks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT [#permalink]
Folks,

I gave my test today and got a mere 510(42Q 19V). 2 years back I got 540(Q42 23 V). I am sure that this is not the representative of my skills. I am an IIT graduate and have 4 GPA all the way through.

I have decided to go ahead with my application. Do you think I have any chances of getting NYU Langone?

Good luck to the folks giving their GMAT.

RC Reddy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Folks,

Racoon, thanks for your advice on the gpa coversion.

I gave my test yesterday - got 680. 39Q and 42V. Seem like a lot of Math brains are taking the gmat nowdays. A 39Q score was only good enough for a 58th percentile!

Hopefully that should be enough to get into the part-time since my reccos, essays and work ex are strong. Filed my application yesterday. Now I'm waiting. Let's use this forum to keep track of the admissions.

Best of luck to all the others,

deep_mba
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sounds good! I am waiting to hear back as well-- submitted my app a couple of weeks ago. Just got an email confirmation from Stern yesterday. Now comes the hard part-- waiting!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  24