Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 07:09 It is currently 05 May 2024, 07:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
Actually my wife was born outside India, so we fall under EB3 - Rest of the World. We have prepared our I485 application (Planning to send the application on the first of July).

So hopefully we should get the EAD in 3-6 months. But I am worried that the actual green card might take a long time (Because the whole world is going to file the I485 in July). Now I am not sure how I can go for studies on an EAD. Maybe I should post this question on the b-school application section?

Do you have any suggestions for me?

if any RFE comes while you are not on H1b(while pursuing an MBA ) --Can be Risky

If your Spouse can file for a Greencard independently, she can always add you while filing the I-485 , which means you can get a EAD and keep working till the GC process continues

i have a similar problem but not planning to delay the Apps..as i am older applicant compared to the Young turks that are attacking the MBA now
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for the response, guys. I've posted a more detailed question in the B-school application section.

ncprasad, will I continue to have a pending 485 if I have quit the job for an MBA? Please give me some more details about what you said.

Ozmba2006, my wife can't get a green-card process started for her (Not in the near future anyway). You are in a similar situation? Would you mind informing how you are tackling the situation? I am also moving towards being an older applicant. So I also want to not postpone my MBA application.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
Thanks for the response, guys. I've posted a more detailed question in the B-school application section.

ncprasad, will I continue to have a pending 485 if I have quit the job for an MBA? Please give me some more details about what you said.

Ozmba2006, my wife can't get a green-card process started for her (Not in the near future anyway). You are in a similar situation? Would you mind informing how you are tackling the situation? I am also moving towards being an older applicant. So I also want to not postpone my MBA application.

Good question. Technically, you can leave the sponsoring employer after a 6 month period after your EAD. I have not seen official endorsements for this statement but know a couple of friends who did this(They changed jobs, did not go to school.) I believe you can go to school provided the 140 was approved and 485 is pending.

The best course of action for you is to get some expert legal advice from an experienced attorney.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys, I have decided to go ahead with my applications without worrying about how I will get a visa to be able to attend the program. If I do get selected in one of the 5 M7s that I am applying to, then I am sure I'll be able to find a way to sort out the visa mess.

Okay, time to focus on the essays now :)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great Decision !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great Score MNeo! Thanks for all your tips!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37386 posts