Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:58 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
General GMAT Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72912 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: Took GMAT FE today - scored 525. Aiming for 675+ in a couple of weeks. [#permalink]
Quote:
I'm unsure how to go about this now, any study tips???

Replaying what happened as you look over your score report of your recent exam could be helpful. Perhaps you recall some questions you thought you got correct (i.e. Q1) but potentially made a careless error on. Leveraging your error-log to see which types of questions/subtopics you may find slippery could also be helpful. For CR, consider checking out Manhattan-Prep's 6th Edition for Critical Reasoning. For RC, becoming familiar with how inference questions work could also be helpful.

How to score high on the GMAT. Why solving approach is important.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Took GMAT FE today - scored 525. Aiming for 675+ in a couple of weeks. [#permalink]
playthegame wrote:
turdsnip wrote:
­Feeling really discouraged right now. I am applying to deferred MBA programs and my last test date will be April 20. I have TTP and OG question banks. I'm unsure how to go about this now, any study tips???

­Well I think you there is no easy shortcut to get a good score. So take the next attempt with a positive mind. Don't feel discouraged you have a good score in you, you just have to bring it on test day. Sometimes you also have to step back from what you want to understand what is blocking you from your goal.

Given the amount of time you have I would only focus on arithmetic and algebra to make sure you are not making any score killing silly errors. So there may be value in analyzing the errors you are making and which ones are conceptual gaps and which ones are just sloppy mistakes, sloppy mistakes will kill your score it is a very adaptive but also dumb algorithm in a way where if you do the hardest question right but an easy one wrong you will still score lower.

Good luck and feel encouraged you are lucky that you are writing the GMAT. You will make it.

Thanks,

­Hi, 

You can read the blog https://ivycrackers.com/a-step-by-step-guide-to-gre-success/.
We have highlighted how you can identify your weak areas and convert them into your strengths. Since you have taken the test recently, you would already be aware of the weak areas and hence, the detailed study plan (in the blog) can help you big time.

This is what I used, a few years back, to get a 750 on GMAT.
GMAT Club Bot