Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 10:25 It is currently 03 May 2024, 10:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree, after taking the PR CATs the MGMAT math section was rough. The Qs where difficult from the start, no easy build up as in PR. But I thought the verbal was fine, a bit verbose but easier to manage than the math.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
My main question is how accurate is the breakdown on MGMAT CATs. I had 8 wrong answers on quant but still scored a 44.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
From what I read on here, the *score* for Manhatttan CAT is very similar to the real score, even though the Quant is much harder. Someone said add 20-40 pts to your score (the ones after April 2007) and you should have the GMAT score.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Wow, that's good news, I was a bit scared after the first MGMAT test. I actually like that the quant questions are harder...it helps to look at hard bin questions. Also, the breakdown is great, it tells the range for each question, which really helped me to focus on my weak quant areas.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 333 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't think they are very accurate. Their regular test are tough and their cat is too forgiving with wrong answers.

Again, GMATPrep is the most accurate and therefore GOLD. I also thought PR was pretty accurate in terms of scoring, not necessarily content.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 265 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think MGMAT tests are very accurate. It's true that the math section is on a tougher side but the scoring compensates for that. After the change in the scoring algorithm in April, MGMAT tests have a standard error that is very close to the actual GMAT (29 points I believe). This can't get any closer to the real thing!
People who think that getting 8 questions wrong and scoring 44 in math is too high are wrong. I took a GMATPrep test yesterday, and scored a 48 in quant with 11 mistakes. The point is what level are the questions that you are getting wrong.
I took 5 MGMAT CATs and I have to say that they all were very close to my GMATPrep scores. In my opinion, MGMAT is the best predictor of your GMAT score after GMATPrep.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
[#permalink]
Check the discussion board on their website. Usually someone from Manhattan responds to your question. They are pretty honest about their software.. They key difference between Gmatprep and Manhattan is in the later you don't have any "test" questions and all 37 or 41 of a section count towards to your score. You cannot afford to get guess the last few without impacting your score while in Gmatprep you can. Also in the real one the questions are easier in quant and you dont run into the same trouble..
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]