Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 06:43 It is currently 03 May 2024, 06:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q50  V37
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's hard luck venky.
Thanks for sharing the information.

Was there any other gen feedback which you think might be helpful for us?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks for sharing the information venky... you typically see this subject (how to translate your gpa) discussed in several places... however, most adcoms say that they are used to students from universities all over the world and that they know how to decipher the respective gpa systems... i am surprised that a school such as wharton would commit a blunder like this!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Venky,

I remember reading some posts of yours in the 2007 pants pooping threads. So are you planning to reapply this year? And/Or do you plan to apply to new schools? Do you want to share with us anything else that you learned about the application process and about why you didn't get the schools of your choice the last time?
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
Venky,

I remember reading some posts of yours in the 2007 pants pooping threads. So are you planning to reapply this year? And/Or do you plan to apply to new schools? Do you want to share with us anything else that you learned about the application process and about why you didn't get the schools of your choice the last time?

I have been interviewed by IIMC PGPEX 1 year and expecting results next week

I am awaiting results to decide to reapply
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I took feedback from wharton and Kellogg

They went to great depths in analyzing my app
Wharton feedback:
actually they pointed out that they were struggling to understand me as a person from my essays. They managed to understand my goals (she literally used the statement managed to understand)
They gave feedback on how I could improve my failure essay and wanted in genral info to help them understand me as a person. They were very severe on my failure essay. They said that with the info i provided they are unable to have a judgement on my app.
THey were pleased with my recos and mentioned very clearly that focus of repp to be essays only and I need to explain my unusual scoring mechniasm of my university i.e Mumbai university in optional essays as my research publications, awards are not in sync with thier understanding of my undergrad GPA :(. They wanted me to take time out do some deep introspection and write essays that reveals me

Kellogg
Kellogg said they Liked my goal essay, GMAt scores and professional exp
But thier argument was winning 4 national awards in public speaking is great but public speaking is a singular activity. I come across as a singular personality. They want the same level of achievement as a comuunity service/team contribution activities.

Anybody with 6+ years of experience gets opportunities to manage teams but that doesnt say that you care for the community. Her literal comment was "Stop Thinking of urself and tell us in ur next app how you can contribute to the community"

Hope this helps
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks a lot venky!! This is certainly very valuable.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
this is valuable information... thanks for sharing venky!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Schools:MIT Sloan
 Q50  V37
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you buddy, all the best for IIMC PGPEX !!
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
grad_mba wrote:
Thank you buddy, all the best for IIMC PGPEX !!

welcome all the best to you all to
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Own Kudos [?]: 411 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 Q48  V34 GMAT 2: 740  Q49  V42
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Venky. Wish you a nice time at IIM Cal. I am sure you have been to campus. They have a beautiful campus, with a couple of small lakes

You will find this quote of Aurobindo in campus :

In silence, real learning happens :wink:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
aurobindo wrote:
Thanks Venky. Wish you a nice time at IIM Cal. I am sure you have been to campus. They have a beautiful campus, with a couple of small lakes

You will find this quote of Aurobindo in campus :

In silence, real learning happens :wink:

Thanks a lot for ur wishes [:)]
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
venky1979 wrote:
I took feedback from wharton and Kellogg

They went to great depths in analyzing my app
Wharton feedback:
actually they pointed out that they were struggling to understand me as a person from my essays. They managed to understand my goals (she literally used the statement managed to understand)
They gave feedback on how I could improve my failure essay and wanted in genral info to help them understand me as a person. They were very severe on my failure essay. They said that with the info i provided they are unable to have a judgement on my app.
THey were pleased with my recos and mentioned very clearly that focus of repp to be essays only and I need to explain my unusual scoring mechniasm of my university i.e Mumbai university in optional essays as my research publications, awards are not in sync with thier understanding of my undergrad GPA :(. They wanted me to take time out do some deep introspection and write essays that reveals me

Kellogg
Kellogg said they Liked my goal essay, GMAt scores and professional exp
But thier argument was winning 4 national awards in public speaking is great but public speaking is a singular activity. I come across as a singular personality. They want the same level of achievement as a comuunity service/team contribution activities.

Anybody with 6+ years of experience gets opportunities to manage teams but that doesnt say that you care for the community. Her literal comment was "Stop Thinking of urself and tell us in ur next app how you can contribute to the community"

Hope this helps

Pure Gold. Thanks a ton Venky, you are the man!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]