Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 08:45 It is currently 06 May 2024, 08:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1738 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks, I needed that push :( Its just the timing, sitting down that long bothers me. Its mentally draining!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nitty wrote:
Thanks, I needed that push :( Its just the timing, sitting down that long bothers me. Its mentally draining!

you cant be serious about going to a B-school then...are you? :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Why would you say I am not serious about Bschool, because I dont want to sit down and take a 3 hr test 10 times and then the official test 2-3 times? I study for 3-4 hrs a day and take extra courses. If it is possible to focus on the books, learn the content and score high, why not question the possibility? The forum is here to ask questions right? If you do not have an answer or suggestion, maybe you shouldn't respond.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nitty wrote:
Why would you say I am not serious about Bschool, because I dont want to sit down and take a 3 hr test 10 times and then the official test 2-3 times? I study for 3-4 hrs a day and take extra courses. If it is possible to focus on the books, learn the content and score high, why not question the possibility? .

i also hated taking those practice tests. i took the real test 2 times, and took only 2 practice tests before each (and skipped the AWA on all 4).

It depends on the individual but IMO there is no need to take 10 practice tests.

good luck
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Apart opening u the doors of bschool, this test sharpens a lot of skills that are greatly appreciable.... By my side, I feel a before GMAT and after GMAT effect.

An example? Your communication will be drastically more efficient :)... U will feel that u are "to the point" all time and with a smaller amount of time. This is not only in english but also in your mother tongue, if that is not english of course ;)...

This CAT is a mental capability to resist longlyyyyyyy under pressure and to perform well at the same time :)... It trains u by the way for your next steps both in a Bschool environnement and in your career :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fig wrote:
Apart opening u the doors of bschool, this test sharpens a lot of skills that are greatly appreciable.... By my side, I feel a before GMAT and after GMAT effect.

An example? Your communication will be drastically more efficient :)... U will feel that u are "to the point" all time and with a smaller amount of time. This is not only in english but also in your mother tongue, if that is not english of course ;)...

This CAT is a mental capability to resist longlyyyyyyy under pressure and to perform well at the same time :)... It trains u by the way for your next steps both in a Bschool environnement and in your career :)

Well said. Completly agree :)
I have realised that GMAT has given me a sense of self confidence. Initially i was lot apprehensive about these competitive exams and i somehow felt i was not upto the level to compete. GMAT has kicked those fears away !
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Re: I Hate taking the Practice Test! How many do you recomm [#permalink]
Hi Nitty,

The practice tests prepare you mentally for the exam. Solving questions randomly will hone your individual problem solving ability, but sitting through a full practice test will improve your ability to use the problem solving skills under pressure. The test itself is a mental marathon and the overall score is a reflection of your not only your verbal and quantitative ability, but also of your mental stamina and concentration.

Have a read of my debrief on how I used practice tests and which ones I used.
https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=47351

Good luck.

Nitty wrote:
Hey Guys,

I have set the date for Sept 29th, here in NYC to take the GMAT. I really hate taking the long practice test but I know I must. Do you mind discussing the benefits of the practice test, and which do you prefer. Also which are free? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey nitty,

dont' be discouraged. I think a lot of ppl have problem with taking the CATs. I wouldn't suggest you take more than 2 a week. But it's important, especially if your'e studying otherwise to take one a week to gauge where you are and how you've improved. good luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
you've got to keep at it with these tests if you want to improve. it's annoying but true.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: Organization and Management
Schools:Emory class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey nitty, good luck with your studies. I think that taking the practice CAT's helps you realize what the test is all about. The GMATPrep CAT's from mba.com are the exact format you will see on test day. I personally only sat for 4 CAT's. I never did the AWA section either. That way it only took 2 and a half hours.

If nothing else, they help with timing, pressure, and the feel of the GMAT on Test day. I don't think you need to take 10 or 15, you just need to take enough that you feel comfortable. That's different for each person.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
@trahul
i am having GMATprep but not other one u mentioned.
had 1st GMATprep its 720 Q48 V42
please tell me more about more practice tests that can obtained..
i have full 1 month before my appointment.. so can give 3-4 tests easily..
pl advice...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]