Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:25 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 143 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Re: 720 (Q47, V42) [#permalink]
nognig wrote:
gmat2ndtime wrote:
dude ..any tips for me..i have my gmat on monday the 23rd..and have still not been able to crack 700 in even one of the tests i have given ...will really appreciate...

What tests have you been taking? I would ignore all the other scores except for the GMAT prep. What is your breakdown like?

Since you're so close to the test I would focus on the areas where you are a little weak, not the areas where you are really weak. You can make a lot of progress in those areas in a short period of time.

NN

I have taken 1 test of GMAT PREP - 660
5 tests of 800 - 660 each :(
3 tests of MGMAT : 660 , 660 and 680 .... :(((
planning to take GMAT Prep on saturday ....doing revision of tests i have given and going through the basic grammaar rules and participating on the gmatclub forum...lets see how much improvement will be there on the D -day ...:(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
gmat2ndtime wrote:
planning to take GMAT Prep on saturday ....doing revision of tests i have given and going through the basic grammaar rules and participating on the gmatclub forum...lets see how much improvement will be there on the D -day ...:(

The best suggestion I can give you is find out where you are weak and strategically focus on certain areas. If you are terrible at geometry, then I would say screw it, don't worry about it. I think I got one geometry question.

If you are pretty good at primes and factors, for example, then spend your time becoming REALLY good at it.

Good luck!

NN
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
nice!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Schools:Chicago R2
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Congratulations!!! Well done with a sexy score :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
nognig wrote:
gmat2ndtime wrote:

The best suggestion I can give you is find out where you are weak and strategically focus on certain areas. If you are terrible at geometry, then I would say screw it, don't worry about it. I think I got one geometry question.

If you are pretty good at primes and factors, for example, then spend your time becoming REALLY good at it.

Good luck!

NN

I am good at maths....averaged 50 in it...eng is the prob...any suggestion...?
Current Student
Send PM
gmat2ndtime wrote:
nognig wrote:
gmat2ndtime wrote:

Good luck!

NN

I am good at maths....averaged 50 in it...eng is the prob...any suggestion...?

Wow! Nice math scores. Your verbal score must be quite low for you to get less than a 700 with that quant score. What are your weak areas? SC? RC? CR?

NN
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
Re: 720 (Q47, V42, AWA 6.0) [#permalink]
Congratulations !!!!! A good balanced score. All the Best!!!!!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 4800 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
:woohoo

COngrats!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hey nognig,
Do you mind telling me what are the study materials available from MGMAT self study course?
thanks
suba
Current Student
Send PM
subarao wrote:
Hey nognig,
Do you mind telling me what are the study materials available from MGMAT self study course?
thanks
suba

So I took the one that included the classroom recordings (self-study PLUS).

In all you get:

- 9 x 3h classroom recordings (they cover an SC topic on each one plus other topics)
- 9 x 1.5h labs (teaches various techniques: timing, estimating, guessing)
- access to "challenge problems", which I only looked at briefly (REALLY tough questions)
- access to question banks on specific topics (never used it)
- you get 2x30min one-on-one with an instructor (by phone, which I never used)
- all the books and access to the online tests
- you get a marker and scrap paper sheet that are identical to the ones provided on the real test
- you get access to an online timing tool (it allowed you to record answers and the times, I just used a stopwatch)
- you get both an argument and a issue essay marked with feedback (quality feedback too)
- get a SUPER handy excel spreadsheet that tracks your work with OG11 (this was actually one of the better tools, your answers can be sorted by time, question type, etc, really handy when you want to see what you're good at and what needs work)
- you get an excel spreadsheet that outlines the work you need to do over the 9-weeks

Overall, I was very impressed with the MGMAT course. I think it covers everything you'd need to know to break 700. And if you're looking for an even higher score, especially in quant, I think you'll find the resources you need too.

NN
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 311 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Darden School of Business (Class of 2012)
Send PM
Hi nogning! Could you pls. share some of the math exercises you had on the test? Many tks in advance, Lw

nognig wrote:
Here are my practice test scores and the real thing...

3/2/2008 KAPLAN 640 (Q40, V41)
3/22/2008 MGMAT 690 (Q38, V45)
3/29/2008 PR 660 (Q43, V39)
4/13/2008 MGMAT 640 (Q40, V37)
4/26/2008 MGMAT 650 (Q44, V35)
5/11/2008 GMATPrep 740 (Q46, V46)
5/29/2008 MGMAT 430 (Q44, V4) (skipped verbal)
5/31/2008 GMATPrep 760 (Q49, V45)
6/17/2008 GMAT 720 (Q47, 81%; V42, 95%, 95% overall) AWA 6.0

As you can see, my verbal took a hit on the real thing compared to the GMATprep scores. The quant difficulty seemed to be right in line with GMATprep, but the verbal was definitively harder. CR and SC were the same, but I thought the RC questions were more difficult. Then again, it might have been the exhausting pace (it's harder doing the real thing vs. the GMATprep in your house). Timing was right on the mark, I had about 2 mins left on the last question for both sections.

I took the 9-week, self-study MGMAT prep course. I thought it was great. A ton of information, everything you could possibly need to know to get a great score.

Either way, my goal was to crack 700 and get at least 80 percentile in each section, so I'm done.

The one thing that helps the most is having a timing and guessing strategy. There were a couple questions in the quant section that would have taken me 2 minutes to comprehend let alone solve. Knowing when to cut your losses and make the best out of your guess is key.

I'd be happy to answer any questions....

NN
Current Student
Send PM
lordw wrote:
Hi nogning! Could you pls. share some of the math exercises you had on the test? Many tks in advance, Lw

The typical stuff. I had one, pretty hard combinatorics question. One very tough geometry question and a couple easier ones. One sequence question. A few DS questions that concerned remainders (x + 5 is divisible by 6, is x divisible by 5?).

Nothing that you won't find in OG11.

NN
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts