Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 07:24 It is currently 05 May 2024, 07:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 700 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
Re: 2010...How are you spending your last days before school? [#permalink]
I decided to go the landlord route. I am in South Florida, and there is no way my place would sell for a reasonable price in this market. My condo has been rented out since May, and I can say that I hate being a landlord. My tenant pays on time, but him and his girlfriend find every little thing wrong with my place. The most recent one, and the funniest one, is that my stove does not boil a big pot of water and pasta fast enough. I replied to them, asking if it boils a small pot of water. Sure enough it did, so I told them it obviously gets to 212 degrees +, so cover the big pot to help it achieve boiling point faster. Unreal. Oh well, at least they pay on time.

I am going on my third week since leaving work. I talked to my boss already, and they have not found a replacement yet. I guess it's hard to fill my shoes. 8-) During my past two weeks of "retirement" I've been working on Columbia's Pre-MBA coursework. The math portion was a lot more extensive than I thought it would be, but it was a great review of statistics, as well as other areas. I still have a few more courses and assessments to take, so it will probably take me another couple of weeks to finish everything, given that I have other things to tidy up before I leave. I also finally ordered my laptop and bought and configured a blackberry.

Ths weekend I am going to NYC to find an apartment. I have been making appointments to see various places throughout Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The prices are not too bad in the UWS, but we'll see how it is when I actually get there!

Other than that, I spend my time going to the gym, doing Pre-MBA coursework, and pretty much reading and relaxing before I go to NYC on August 2nd. Not too shabby!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
 Q48  V39
Send PM
It's good to hear how everyone is doing. DJ, I do not blame you for renting in south florida. No point in foregoing future gains to sell at much lower price than you can get in 1 to 2 years from now. Kryz, good luck on the condo.

I will be at work until July 25th and then moving to New Haven on Aug 1. My wife and I have already found an apt and will be spending Aug 4-8 in NYC for a mini-vacation and then hitting up some of the CT beaches before orientation on Aug 14.

Good luck to everyone.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Congrats River on the accepted bid! I also went the landlord route - luckily all good so far.

I am still traveling and will be until two weeks before school. Currently in Stockholm and partying like whoa. Next up is more partying in Helsinki and Finland. For pictures and a recap check out worldin80days.blogspot.com
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Still working.... I would have quit about this week except the severance package they offered will pay for a good chunk of tuition this year.

I feel like I am just killing time right now both at work and at home. I can't wait to get on the road, although the drive to AA is going to suck.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[quote="djhouse81"The most recent one, and the funniest one, is that my stove does not boil a big pot of water and pasta fast enough. I replied to them, asking if it boils a small pot of water. Sure enough it did, so I told them it obviously gets to 212 degrees +, so cover the big pot to help it achieve boiling point faster. Unreal. Oh well, at least they pay on time.[/quote]

Classic...maybe you should practice some math skills and provide an estimate of boiling times based on the volume of the water and the setting of the stove. Make a nice chart and then maybe even a graph haha.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
[quote="djhouse81"The most recent one, and the funniest one, is that my stove does not boil a big pot of water and pasta fast enough. I replied to them, asking if it boils a small pot of water. Sure enough it did, so I told them it obviously gets to 212 degrees +, so cover the big pot to help it achieve boiling point faster. Unreal. Oh well, at least they pay on time.

Classic...maybe you should practice some math skills and provide an estimate of boiling times based on the volume of the water and the setting of the stove. Make a nice chart and then maybe even a graph haha.[/quote]

Tempting, but given the math workload that I recently completed for CBS, I think I will pass. Otherwise, that would have been good practice! However, I don't think it would have satisfied my tenants...nothing seems to satisfy them! Oh well, at least they pay on time (notice I have to keep repeating that to myself).
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Our buyers have their inspection of our house tomorrow...hopefully everything goes smoothly.

We are still trying to get quotes on shipping stuff this is a lot harder than one would thing. Its tough to figure out how many boxes you will be bringing if you havent even started packing.

We are starting to craigslist tons of stuff now. Hoping to sell enough junk to pay for our Kwest trip. $500 down only another $3000 to go haha.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
geez loans are HARD to get these days... spoke with the loan officer, and she's concerned that my mortgage/HOA + car payments add up to about 60% of my gross income per month (I'm now part time), even though the fact is that my equity in the condo is about 3x the amount I want in the HELOC, and that my credit score is very very high. Sigh. I'm just glad I'm opening this line right before I quit my job next week. I should have had a credit line open a few years ago when I had a full salary. Hope it goes through!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Send PM
how am I spending my last days before school? ... I am worrying about my loan for school getting apprived :(
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q51  V41
Send PM
Darden2010 wrote:
how am I spending my last days before school? ... I am worrying about my loan for school getting apprived :(

I hear ye brother... just got rejected for HELOC because my condo is on the market, yet I need the HELOC to take the condo off the market and rent it out to weather the storm a little... Catch-22...
GMAT Club Bot