Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 14:58 It is currently 06 May 2024, 14:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:LBS '11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: INSEAD - September '09 intake [#permalink]
Virflo wrote:
Prashok, congrats on LBS!!!!! :-D

Although I would have loved to have met you in Singapore, I say go for your first love!! I was accepted at Wharton too and now I'm finding it impossible to choose between my two loves.... help! :?

Thanks Virflo!

I ended up accepting to be on the waitlist. We will see how things turn out, and should an admit come through, then I will revisit my dilemma again. Better to have loved and lost, and so forth... :-D

I wonder if I should let them know I have a pending offer -- would it help accelerate their final decision?

Wharton vs INSEAD will be a tough one, too -- although at least the exchange between both will be available regardless of choice (a childhood friend in London is a Wharton alum who exchanged at INSEAD). Keep me updated on what you decide!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So, if I go to Wharton, I will be giving up my place at INSEAD, which might then be offered to you! :)

But we would not end up meeting...
Current Student
Send PM
Well, if i attended INSEAD, I would also try for the Wharton exchange for sure. 8-) So as long as you don't leave for INSEAD during that same term...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
could anyone please post the INSEAD essay questions for this year? i could no find them here. thanks :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools:INSEAD Class of July '10
 Q50  V46
Send PM
Sure:

Quote:
1. Please give a detailed description of your job, including nature of work, major responsibilities; and, where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, number of clients/products and results achieved. (250 words)

2. Please give us a full description of your career since graduating from university. If you were to remain with your present employer, what would be your next step in terms of position? (250 words)

Quote:
1. Give a candid description of yourself, stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses and the main factors, which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when necessary. (400 words approx.)

2. Describe what you believe to be your two most substantial accomplishments to date, explaining why you view them as such. (400 words approx.)

3. Describe a situation taken from school, business, civil or military life, where you did not meet your personal objectives, and discuss briefly the effect. (250 words approx.)

4. Discuss your career goals. What skills do you expect to gain from studying at INSEAD and how will they contribute to your professional career. (500 words approx.)

5. Have you ever experienced culture shock? What did it mean to you? (250 words approx.)

6. Is there anything that you have not mentioned in the above essays that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? (200 words approx.) This essay is optional.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Oski, thanks a lot :!:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
I had a question for the people who got into INSEAD. I am a prospective applicant for the full time MBA program and I am planning to submit my application for the Jan 2010 intake. I am getting stuck on the essays and I am not exactly sure as to how to get this resolved. I am also applying at Notre Dame and Emory (2 Yr programs) in USA.

I work as an IT consultant and most of my experience has been in the health insurance industry in USA. My goal after the MBA is to join a management rotation program in the US health insurance industry and eventually move into product development.

My concern is that would INSEAD frown upon a goals essay that talks about joining the industry in a specific country? I am not sure about the health insurance practices in other countries.
Current Student
Send PM
I am probably not the best example (since I'm still on the waitlist), but my goals essay mentioned a specific industry (and two example companies) in a specific region, and I don't think it hurt me.

IMO, a specific goal is not really an issue if you can convince the adcom that it is feasible -- and it may even help you if it shows you are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about it. For example, you could mention how INSEAD in particular will prepare you for a job in the American industry (over universities in the US). Also, will most insurance companies in the US recognize/know the school?

Given INSEAD's international focus and the frequent debates about the need for health-care reform in the United States, you could take the angle that having international experience from the school will allow you to better understand and study the health insurance systems in other countries (and potential upsides), which you could then use to help bring about innovation in the US healthcare industry.

There are still private health insurance companies in many countries (even those with single-payer and other types of systems) as well, so you can always take that route, too. They tend to be part of larger general insurance companies, so they may even have MBA management programs.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Cranfield SOM
 Q46  V40
Send PM
Prashok - thanks a lot for your comments. My plans were to modify my essays to include the international aspect of an education in INSEAD. As for INSEAD being a familiar MBA program for the payers - I hope to fall back on my network after school.
Current Student
Send PM
Things have been a little quiet lately -- is anyone going for Round 3?

As for me, the avatar probably gives it away. :-D I'm officially moving off the waitlist, as I just sent my withdrawal to the adcom this week. It was definitely great to learn more about the INSEAD program, which is truly outstanding!

Good luck to anyone else submitting applications -- and to Virflo, Oski and anyone else joining -- hope we get to meet at some point! Even if it may be for MBAT... :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
deleted

Originally posted by apshma on 30 Jan 2009, 16:16.
Last edited by apshma on 15 Mar 2011, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
apshma wrote:
Hi,

Congratulations for LBS. I am still very naive to all this MBA application procedure and am thinking about going for R 3 round of Sep 09 or R1 round of Jan 10 at INSEAD. I took my GMAT yesterday and scored 720 (had expectations of 750+, not sure whether I need to retake the test). I have about 2 yrs exp. in Investment Banking and 1 yr in Private Equity. Have decent acads and extensive international exposure. Do you think, I stand any chance for R3? Any advise would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Thanks apshma! I don't think the GMAT is an issue (as long as it has the 80/80 split), but the length of work experience might make it tougher in R3. On the other hand, being in IB/PE and having strong international experience offsets that.

Personally, I would probably lean towards R1 for January '10, given that the later rounds may likely be much more competitive -- though I'm not 100% sure if R3 at INSEAD is as intensely competitive as the late rounds are for the M7 programs (my guess is that it is, though).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Send PM
Looks like the campus placement really sucks this year. Below is the email from this year graduate from INSEAD.

Hi XXXX,

Thanks.

1. There are a few banks in France that will provide loans to INSEAD students. But being a foreigner you will need to have SBI stand as a guarantor to avail this facility. You will be able to find the bank details on the INSEAD website itself.

2. Placements this year was pretty bad. Official stats project a placement of ~65%, but a major chunk of this are people who went back to their old companies.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the app process.

thanks...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3