Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 17:55 It is currently 06 May 2024, 17:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: M&A, Valuing Companies, Deal Structure, International
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: M&A, Valuing Companies, Deal Structure, International
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 598 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: MBA Programs to Target - Evaluation [#permalink]
Working abroad certainly adds some color to your profile, but it's not something that will make you stand out.

To be honest, you're going to be a hard sell for a full-time program simply because the full-time programs aren't really designed for career switchers at your age. I really think you may be overestimating what a full-time MBA can give you at this point. It's not some transformational experience where you "find yourself" or where you can figure out what to do with your life, and where recruiters are all open-minded and willing to give you a chance.

It's a factory. Students get in. Recruiting is a meat grinder where they are looking for young hungry kids to fill their junior level ranks (i.e. entry level middle management jobs that are only a few degrees removed from entry level positions that college grads will take). It's going to be a lonely road for you, no matter what people say. You will have to do a lot of legwork on your own. 99% of the kinds of job opportunities coming through the b-school won't be a match for you (i.e. they won't want you because of your age). The kinds of opportunities you will be seeking will be highly unique to your situation - i.e. specific jobs where your prior experience will be a huge asset *and* aren't entry level type positions which means it's not really a career switch after all. Alternatively, it may be jobs you get through your friends, ex-colleagues, etc. Or starting your own business. But the chances of you getting the kinds of post-MBA jobs that your younger 25 or even 33-year old classmates are getting will be slim.

If you want to make a career change, that's a great thing. However, you have to be realistic about how to get there, and more importantly, WHAT you want to do. Based on what you wrote, I get a feeling that you know what you're switching *from*, but far less sure or specific about what you're switching *to*.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA Programs to Target - Evaluation [#permalink]